- - - - -

Evolve - The (alpha) hunt starts Thursday, Oct. 30 at 9am PDT / 4pm UTC!

evolve xbox one

#31 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:03 PM

Its my understanding that the beta will be on the dashboard for everyone to download. preorder or not.

#32 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:57 AM

Beta is available to download now in the Xbox Store under the "Demo" category. Decided to give it a go again since I really enjoyed the last one.

#33 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7240 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:43 AM

Beta is available to download now in the Xbox Store under the "Demo" category. Decided to give it a go again since I really enjoyed the last one.

Excellent. It is also on the xbox.com main page (after you click the Evolve graphic).

#34 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7717 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

So originally I had heard that you could not play as a group of 5 due to 'cheating' concerns. However when I scoured the official forums I found a post from a dev saying that a group of 5 can play whatever whenever. I do not know if I misread it and of course closed it out already haha but anyone else have more info on this?

That was my biggest turnoff was that a group of 5 couldnt play in the alpha

#35 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7240 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

So originally I had heard that you could not play as a group of 5 due to 'cheating' concerns. However when I scoured the official forums I found a post from a dev saying that a group of 5 can play whatever whenever. I do not know if I misread it and of course closed it out already haha but anyone else have more info on this?

That was my biggest turnoff was that a group of 5 couldnt play in the alpha

A group of 5 couldn't play in the alpha, but in the full game you can. Not sure if you can in the open beta, I have yet to play the beta.

#36 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3499 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:37 AM

nope can't play as a group of 5 in beta either said you can't have someone in your group be the monster. 

I am kind of on the fence with this game on one hand I liked Left for Dead and it reminds me of  that. But with this one I don't know just doesn't feel as fun. Will probably pick it up if I finish Dying light later this month before Evolve is released. I am very thankful though that I do get to spend some time with the beta over the next week or so.

#37 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:19 AM

2K announced Evolve's open beta last month and said that the recently revealed Wraith monster (screenshot above) wouldn't be playable during it on any platform. Today, 2K said that Wraith will be playable in the beta for Xbox One owners who pre-purchase Evolve from the Xbox Games Store before or during the open beta. Those individuals will get "exclusive instant access" to Wraith and the third tier of hunters (Parnell, Abe, Caira and Cabot). That applies for the duration of the Xbox One beta, which runs Jan. 15-19, and for the final game.

I hope those of us who go hardcopy will get this stuff eventually down the line

#38 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4428 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

I played the Open Beta over the weekend and I've got to say that I really did not care for Evolve at all. The game was a clunky mess, I thought the monster would be a blast too. I thought the monster was cumbersome to control and just honestly not fun. I played the Assault and Trapper classes as well and they were equally boring. I feel like Evolve is destined to be a critical failure and quickly drop in price. It was a mistake to let this game miss the original Holiday release and sales will definitely show, unless it comes out and is a completely different game. I understand what I played was a Beta, but nothing about it was enjoyable. 

#39 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3499 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

It's like an advanced version of hide and seek. I am still on the fence but preordered just in case I end up wanting it so I do not miss out on the extra monster. I know it's feeding into their plan.

#40 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4428 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

It's like an advanced version of hide and seek. I am still on the fence but preordered just in case I end up wanting it so I do not miss out on the extra monster. I know it's feeding into their plan.

Like I said it could turn out to be great, but that Beta didn't leave me impressed. I was interested in the game too, but my interest has fallen off since playing it. 

#41 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:01 AM

this game is already light on content and the fact that they are putting a 4th monster behind a pre-order wall and will later probably charge $10-$15 for it makes me lose any interest in this game

#42 Fearia   I'a Cthulhu! CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:16 AM

I enjoyed it. I think it requires a group to play with to get the most enjoyment out of though. Watching IGN play it really highlighted why I enjoyed it.

#43 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

I really enjoyed the hunt mode. monster and hunters were alot of fun for me. not sold on the other modes though. they all seemed kinda lame.

#44 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:21 AM

FYI there's an Evolve app that lets your progress transfer to the real game

#45 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3499 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:43 PM

So who is getting this tonight/ tomorrow? I should be on most of tomorrow night if anyone is interested in teaming up add me :)

#46 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4428 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:58 PM

I hope the full game is better than the beta. I wanted to like Evolve when I played the beta, but I just found myself bored with it so quickly. I will admit that I didn't give the beta much of a chance after I played for a couple of hours and realized that I wasn't enjoying myself I stopped playing it. 

I need to try the game out with a group of friends, which I am sure will make the game more enjoyable. The way the game played was boring to me though, I expected playing as the monster to give me a sense of chaos and destruction, but I didn't get that feeling. Playing as a human was more boring, but would have been more fun with a group of people who communicated. 

I look forward to seeing the reviews and what you guys think about the game after it releases. I feel like this will drop in price fast with it being an early release for the year and with Dying Light getting a lot of praise right now and The Order just around the corner I think Evolve may just get lost in the shuffle. 

#47 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4331 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

I picked this up, add me Blade3D

#48 Saint Noir   CinemaScope CAGiversary!   2101 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:42 PM

I grabbed it too... St Noir if you guys want to get a team up.  :)  

#49 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7717 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:42 AM

I am thoroughly enjoying this game. Building a perfect team out of all the possible hunters is great and then I can honestly say playing as the monster is one of my favorite online gaming experiences of all time. Being able to mess with people and watch it unfold is absolutely amazing. Reminds me of the old Splinter Cell multiplayer in that sense.

I am adding you two and everyone feel free to do the same! VASHtheSTAMP3D3

#50 Fearia   I'a Cthulhu! CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

Guess I'm going to have to play this weekend:

http://evolvegame.co...e-hunt-for-gold

Long short? Play this weekend and get the developer exclusive gold skins.

#51 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:07 AM

Yeah this is just laughable.
http://www.reddit.co...ersy_generally/