Evolve - The (alpha) hunt starts Thursday, Oct. 30 at 9am PDT / 4pm UTC!

Fearia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Official topic for Evolve, coming right up!

evolve.png

About Evolve

From Turtle Rock Studios, creators of Left 4 Dead, comes Evolve, the next generation of multiplayer shooters where four Hunters face off against a single, player-controlled Monster in adrenaline-pumping 4v1 matches. Play as the Monster to use savage abilities and an animalistic sense to kill your human enemies, or choose one of four Hunter classes (Assault, Trapper, Medic and Support) and team up to take down the beast on the planet Shear, where flora and fauna act as an adversary to man and monster alike. Level up to unlock new Hunter or Monster characters as well as upgrades, skins, and perks. Earn your infamy on the leaderboards and become the apex predator.
... (will fill more in here soon)

Last edited by a moderator:
When does the Evolve Big Alpha go live?

Xbox One: Thursday, Oct. 30 at 9am PDT / 4pm UTC
PC & PS4: Friday, Oct. 31 at 9am PDT / 4pm UTC

The Evolve Big Alpha ends Sunday, Nov. 2 at 8pm PST / Monday, Nov. 3 at 4am UTC

(To figure out the start/end time in your timezone, use: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)

Pre-orders that were received before October 22 are guaranteed access to Big Alpha. For those that have been following our social channels, or grabbing codes from other websites and entering codes as they’ve appeared, you still have a chance to get into the Big Alpha!

PC players, you can guarantee yourselves a spot in Big Alpha through a sweet promotion with our friends at Curse. More details on that HERE.

PS4 players, any code you get from the places listed below can be redeemed at http://www.evolvegame.com/bigalpha for a chance to participate in Big Alpha.

You didn’t pre-order in time, but you still want to try playing the Evolve Big Alpha!

Don’t worry! We’ve put together a list of places you can continue to go online and snag registration codes for a shot at getting in on Big Alpha this weekend.

@EvolveGame – Twitter

EvolveGame – Facebook

Xbox One – no registration code needed, just sign up!

Curse – guaranteed access on PC

Official PlayStation Blog

IGN – priority access on platform of choice

Gamespot – priority access on platform of choice

Machinima – priority access on platform of choice

Dualshockers

Or, for unlocking the “TL;DR” Achievement, here’s a code for those of you that scrolled all the way down to the bottom of this post.

Registration Code: 05379-29749-32069

Referral Code: EvolveBigAlpha4v1

Evolve Alpha going live shortly!

I have it installed already. I'll probably check it out tomorrow night, or Saturday at the latest. A couple of us have discussed the alpha in the NHL 14/15 thread. We should try to get a group of 5 together.

Don't think I'll be able to try it until the weekend, but willing to try it out. Co-Op shooters tend to be hit or miss with me though as I'm more of a competitive type of person. Looks good though, no question.

For those planning on playing this weekend, feel free to post your gamertag. Due to it being such a short alpha, it'd be good to have a list of others to play with.

Gamertag: BeFlatLine.

I got my code and plan on trying this out over the weekend.  If anyone is on, feel free to jump in or send an invite.  GT is ChubbyNinja1319.

How big of a DL is the Alpha?

I ended up with two codes so perfect that my buddy and I can both get in on it but was just curious of the size so I know how long I will be waiting to play it tonight after work haha

Uh oh

I hate that I always miss stuff because of work but at the same time usually crap is fixed come 7pm haha
Yea it says on the start screen be careful we are experiencing heavy load..Be patient for your first match.

I'm ok with it. I know this is what they are doing it for. I have no problem taking a shower while all this goes on lol.

Yea it says on the start screen be careful we are experiencing heavy load..Be patient for your first match.

I'm ok with it. I know this is what they are doing it for. I have no problem taking a shower while all this goes on lol.
Hah yeah it is an Alpha after all!

Played first game as the Monster and I got owned within the first 4 minutes. Fun and happy the servers are doing better now.
Haha, same here. You really have to play psychologically as the monster at least until you reach stage 2, apparently. I had no idea what I was doing in my first game and got trounced in 3:30.

Yeah, now that I know you HAVE to level up to Stage 2, it's a bit easier. I managed to take down 3 out of the 4 on the other team but I had such little health left that the trapper finally finished it off. Hell of a fight though. II'm really liking it so far.

I have played quite a few matches now after work and I must say I am thoroughly enjoying it. Primarily been playing as support and the monster and man is it fun.

Super satisfying as the monster to stalk your prey and then when you finally are feeling strong enough, take them down. I have won a couple matches as the Goliath. Some other guy I was playing with was like level 17 and had the Kraken unlocked somehow and just absolutely destroyed us with that thing. He agreed that it is way OP compared to the Goliath and I would have to agree. I got to level 10 and had I think 6 unlocks for my Goliath and still didnt get the Kraken so I wonder when it becomes available. I would love to try it out before the end of the Alpha. I just want that and then I will be done with it realistically until the retail version probably.

It feels very similar to Left 4 Dead. The animations are choppy and the camera is weird, and the characters yell out silly things all the time, hunting the monster can be interesting but its mostly boring until the monster decides to show himself. Fighting the monster does feel fun. I enjoyed playing support, though sometimes it does feel like the monster is overpowered. That of course is dependent on the people you play with. If they suck, the monster will clobber everyone.

I think this is one to rent or pick up when the price drops. It is an alpha though so I assume things will improve.

This game got boring for me fast. Run around in a circle on the map 2-3 times for about 10 minutes then eventually run into the monster. Not my cup of tea.

Yeah, now that I know you HAVE to level up to Stage 2, it's a bit easier. I managed to take down 3 out of the 4 on the other team but I had such little health left that the trapper finally finished it off. Hell of a fight though. II'm really liking it so far.
I was watching some streamer who won every single game as monster and he had some great ideas - primarily not to evolve right away. When you are ready to evolve, your armor will be maxed so that is the best time to fight and get some kills. Then you can run away and evolve, feed some more and then repeat.

I was watching some streamer who won every single game as monster and he had some great ideas - primarily not to evolve right away. When you are ready to evolve, your armor will be maxed so that is the best time to fight and get some kills. Then you can run away and evolve, feed some more and then repeat.
I did this strategy unintentionally. It just happened that whenever I evolved, I had full armor. It definitely worked. Glad to know *why* it worked now, ha!

Finally decided to give this a try today and it's actually pretty good. First match I got to be the Goliath against a team of people with mics, and I managed to win. Second match I played as the Tracker and we won after awhile since we always had eyes on him.

I like the open level design, and so far the classes feel different enough to be fun to try a new one. Playing on both side it seems like either will have a fair chance at winning depending on skill.

Reddit is saying the beta is ready to download to play on the 15th for those that preordered. I dont see anything in their comments so Im guessing it's for the ones who preordered the digital version off the Xbox marketplace.

I preordered mine from Best Buy, any word if they're sending out beta codes?

So originally I had heard that you could not play as a group of 5 due to 'cheating' concerns. However when I scoured the official forums I found a post from a dev saying that a group of 5 can play whatever whenever. I do not know if I misread it and of course closed it out already haha but anyone else have more info on this?

That was my biggest turnoff was that a group of 5 couldnt play in the alpha

So originally I had heard that you could not play as a group of 5 due to 'cheating' concerns. However when I scoured the official forums I found a post from a dev saying that a group of 5 can play whatever whenever. I do not know if I misread it and of course closed it out already haha but anyone else have more info on this?

That was my biggest turnoff was that a group of 5 couldnt play in the alpha
A group of 5 couldn't play in the alpha, but in the full game you can. Not sure if you can in the open beta, I have yet to play the beta.

nope can't play as a group of 5 in beta either said you can't have someone in your group be the monster. 

I am kind of on the fence with this game on one hand I liked Left for Dead and it reminds me of  that. But with this one I don't know just doesn't feel as fun. Will probably pick it up if I finish Dying light later this month before Evolve is released. I am very thankful though that I do get to spend some time with the beta over the next week or so.

2K announced Evolve's open beta last month and said that the recently revealed Wraith monster (screenshot above) wouldn't be playable during it on any platform. Today, 2K said that Wraith will be playable in the beta for Xbox One owners who pre-purchase Evolve from the Xbox Games Store before or during the open beta. Those individuals will get "exclusive instant access" to Wraith and the third tier of hunters (Parnell, Abe, Caira and Cabot). That applies for the duration of the Xbox One beta, which runs Jan. 15-19, and for the final game.
I hope those of us who go hardcopy will get this stuff eventually down the line

I played the Open Beta over the weekend and I've got to say that I really did not care for Evolve at all. The game was a clunky mess, I thought the monster would be a blast too. I thought the monster was cumbersome to control and just honestly not fun. I played the Assault and Trapper classes as well and they were equally boring. I feel like Evolve is destined to be a critical failure and quickly drop in price. It was a mistake to let this game miss the original Holiday release and sales will definitely show, unless it comes out and is a completely different game. I understand what I played was a Beta, but nothing about it was enjoyable. 

It's like an advanced version of hide and seek. I am still on the fence but preordered just in case I end up wanting it so I do not miss out on the extra monster. I know it's feeding into their plan.

It's like an advanced version of hide and seek. I am still on the fence but preordered just in case I end up wanting it so I do not miss out on the extra monster. I know it's feeding into their plan.
Like I said it could turn out to be great, but that Beta didn't leave me impressed. I was interested in the game too, but my interest has fallen off since playing it.

this game is already light on content and the fact that they are putting a 4th monster behind a pre-order wall and will later probably charge $10-$15 for it makes me lose any interest in this game

I enjoyed it. I think it requires a group to play with to get the most enjoyment out of though. Watching IGN play it really highlighted why I enjoyed it.

So who is getting this tonight/ tomorrow? I should be on most of tomorrow night if anyone is interested in teaming up add me :)

I hope the full game is better than the beta. I wanted to like Evolve when I played the beta, but I just found myself bored with it so quickly. I will admit that I didn't give the beta much of a chance after I played for a couple of hours and realized that I wasn't enjoying myself I stopped playing it. 

I need to try the game out with a group of friends, which I am sure will make the game more enjoyable. The way the game played was boring to me though, I expected playing as the monster to give me a sense of chaos and destruction, but I didn't get that feeling. Playing as a human was more boring, but would have been more fun with a group of people who communicated. 

I look forward to seeing the reviews and what you guys think about the game after it releases. I feel like this will drop in price fast with it being an early release for the year and with Dying Light getting a lot of praise right now and The Order just around the corner I think Evolve may just get lost in the shuffle. 

I am thoroughly enjoying this game. Building a perfect team out of all the possible hunters is great and then I can honestly say playing as the monster is one of my favorite online gaming experiences of all time. Being able to mess with people and watch it unfold is absolutely amazing. Reminds me of the old Splinter Cell multiplayer in that sense.

I am adding you two and everyone feel free to do the same! VASHtheSTAMP3D3

bread's done
Back