Play Asia: PSVITA TV Sale $90 or $60 + shipping (ASIA edition)

girlracer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I know this thing as gotten a bit of a bad reviews but maybe someone is looking for one and I received this email. Shipping for myself was $16.90, but that may vary for others.

Stand Alone: http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-vita-tv-paOS-13-49-en-70-77lt.html?ref=sp_797&sc1=N282039271 - $60

Bundle: http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-vita-tv-value-pack-paOS-13-49-en-70-77lv.html - $90

They also included this in the email:

UPDATE: 
With Sony's latest firmware update to the VitaTV, the Asian Vita TV can also access the US PSN Store!
Here's how to do it:
1) Hook up your Vita TV, and create an Asian PSN account (any timezone is fine).
2) Download the lastest firmware update (3.35) from your Vita TV.
3) Go to Settings -> Format -> Restore This System
4) Sign in with your US PSN Account
5) Enjoy!

went through regular checkout and saw the $16 shipping charge, backed out and went through with paypal, it shows a total of $99.89. wonder why paypal would drop the shipping cost down

went through regular checkout and saw the $16 shipping charge, backed out and went through with paypal, it shows a total of $99.89. wonder why paypal would drop the shipping cost down
When you go to actually complete the order it charges the full shipping of $16.90.

When you go to actually complete the order it charges the full shipping of $16.90.
that is what I was wondering, i didnt go any further into checkout, since i hope the US bundle will be around this price soon. This one also doesnt seem to come with a game, though lego movie isnt great or anything, still adds to the value of the bundle.

I can't remember, how difficult is it to swap between accounts on this thing?

Also, how  would it being a Japanese Vita/Playstation TV effect its use as a media box? If you put your US account on it would you be able to access US Netflix and stuff (when released).

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't touch the vita since the day I got it. It has the same catalogue as the vita. The wif speeds are slow as hell from psn. Took almost 2 to dl lego movie. Unless your going to use there game rental service then it isn't worth it.

If you know what you are getting into, this is a nice device.  I use it for remote play and am happy enough with the results, but I have spent some time improving my network at home and in the office to make it all work well.  

I wish I had held out a week and bought a white one!  Ahh well. Thanks, OP.

Considering Amazon Warehouse has this pretty often for $80 and it's the US version, I don't see spending $80 that good of a deal. Granted if you want it white, but I rather get it faster via Prime and easier for returns if I change my mind, but that's just me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00KVMHSUM/ref=sr_1_27_olp?s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1414767379&sr=1-27&condition=used
Are the Amazon Warehouse ones new? They are listed As Very Good but I can't imagine Amazon has gotten this many back in the two weeks since it launched.

Are the Amazon Warehouse ones new? They are listed As Very Good but I can't imagine Amazon has gotten this many back in the two weeks since it launched.
Even if they are not dingers "aka brand new damaged box" then they are barely used, since it is only a few weeks old. I doubt you'd get one that has anything more than a damaged box and some fingerprints on it at this point.

I got my 'like new' Playstation TV yesterday. I like it. I mainly got it to play Persona 4 Golden, and to get a bit more out of my PS+ subscription (the only PS+ console I had was the PS4). From the reviews I looked at I can see how it could only be good for a niche audience. I happen to be in that audience.

I couldn't figure out how to download my PS+ games through the PS TV. I ended up queuing downloads from the PSN website.

I am quite tempted on the Amazon Warehouse ones. Wonder what it means when "mall mark on disk. Medium cut / scratch on item case"

If that means just the other outer box, I'm cool with that. If its the actual system. I am a little iffy about it.

Not bad... shipping kills it. Kinda bummed that Play-asia's shipping prices have went through the roof. I've been very happy with my PSP Vita TV (using it to play the PS4 in my bedroom) but I'm using it wired, and the PS4 is wired as well.

bread's done
Back