Voter fraud

egofed

CAGiversary!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhjq6y1frPQ&ytsession=vfSqJNbc6El1TNvWyC0pSQnJoh1Lmec794JBCAddStH1NNMF1i0fzWnP6k3n8-2vTh84lssUqjsQWsY17V8N85ffuEP1qg55Ofry0xulHyhM8t2qeVxKHYGuNDnSPo0QfoKy3UYbbRu2QOuO-BeBQ7gFyYny5zpdthRlSNFOh_SCbI8UDIi-745d1zItHIZLpvwuFQvL7e7a7Hme-2s48_7UIGUjlOuw9PzEQcLhxtzR9kth-K-clU3Z5h1EGNFDw0SZqJfZC_CMBpthAszlq5Cs4g5JF9t5Y005_WgdZ_CMEJBRZnmNz7-zX2Dbr6SP5YVfko-KXdM

Fancy editing or true criminal acts? The problem is that Republican campaign workers would do the same crap.

http://www.crimeandconsequences.com/crimblog/2014/10/yes-voter-fraud-is-real.html

"

In the past few months, a former police chief in Pennsylvania pleaded guilty to voter fraud in a town-council election. That fraud had flipped the outcome of a primary election. Former Connecticut legislator Christina Ayala has been indicted on 19 charges of voter fraud, including voting in districts where she didn't reside. (She hasn't entered a plea.) A Mississippi grand jury indicted seven individuals for voter fraud in the 2013 Hattiesburg mayoral contest, which featured voting by ineligible felons and impersonation fraud. A woman in Polk County, Tenn., was indicted on a charge of vote-buying--a practice that the local district attorney said had too long "been accepted as part of life" there.

* * *​
Their refrain is that voter fraud either doesn't exist or is so insignificant that nothing needs to be done to improve ballot security. Yet in the U.S. Supreme Court's 2008 ruling that upheld Indiana's voter ID law, Justice John Paul Stevens acknowledged "flagrant examples of such fraud" throughout the nation's history and observed that "not only is the risk of voter fraud real" but also that "it could affect the outcome of a close election."
* * *​
Voting by noncitizens alone could swing such races. A new study by two Old Dominion University professors, based on survey data from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study, found that 6.4% of all noncitizens voted illegally in the 2008 presidential election, and 2.2% voted in the 2010 midterms.

Since 80% of noncitizens vote Democratic, according to the survey, the authors concluded that these illegal votes were "large enough to plausibly account for Democratic victories in a few close elections." Those that might have been skewed by noncitizen votes included Al Franken 's 312-vote win in the Minnesota race for the U.S. Senate. As a senator, Mr. Franken would cast the 60th vote needed to make ObamaCare law."

This is what this subforum has come to, linking random blogs citing surveys from no-name universities based on polling from no-name study groups?

Nevermind, I was wrong, Cooperative Congressional Election Study has a Facebook page with 108 likes. They're legit.

Did some more digging and found this little piece. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2014/10/27/methodological-challenges-affect-study-of-non-citizens-voting/

Apparently there were a statistically significant number of self-reporting non-citizens voters in 2012 who somehow were citizens in 2010. Didn't realize we were revoking citizenships at such an alarming rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol. People can't correctly select their citizenship status in a poll - yet, somehow, they are trusted to correctly select their candidate in a vote...

Here's the thing...$4 billion was spent on this election...

image.jpg

Candidates, big business, and common citizens just dump endless supplies of cash into these elections...and then the actual voting process is handled by volunteers and retirees. It's fucking stupid and is yet another example of what a moron country we live in.

Instead of spending millions of dollars to slander each other, maybe the political machine could invest a little bit of cash into, gosh, I don't know...legitimizing the voting process. Yes, I've heard the arguments for not requiring ID...but even as a generally left leaning person, it's a weak ass argument. There's a difference between showing sympathy and being an enabler.

Instead of focusing on why you should be allowed to vote without ID, the Democratic party should be focused on getting everyone some type of legal identification. Make it a freaking "handout". I don't care. There is no valid reason you should be going about your day to day business without indentification. The people making decisions for our future need to be documented. It's too important to dick around with.

On top of that, these poll workers should get paid like any other seasonal employment. They should be trained and knowledgable about how the machines work, how to troubleshoot problems, etc. And there should be more of them. Yes. That would cost money. But it's bullshit to act like it can't be done when these assholes are spending millions of dollars on TV commercials to tell you what a liar their opponent is.

But hey, this is America...where we expect to live in an awesome house without bothering to spend any time, money, or effort on the foundation.

Can only speak for Illinois but poll workers ("election judges" in local parlance) do get paid.  I think I made $130 or something from being an election judge a few years back.

It's a long day though.  Start at 5am and work until around 8pm (not counting the couple hours at a training course beforehand).  You do it because you want to contribute civil service to the process -- the money is just so you're not a sucker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can only speak for Illinois but poll workers ("election judges" in local parlance) do get paid. I think I made $130 or something from being an election judge a few years back.

It's a long day though. Start at 5am and work until around 8pm (not counting the couple hours at a training course beforehand). You do it because you want to contribute civil service to the process -- the money is just so you're not a sucker.
Yeah, I don't think the pay is universal. I know I talked to some people during the 2012 election who were volunteers. And I'm not trying to say that people can't do good work as a volunteer or by being paid little. But it seems silly to see so many stories complaining about uninformed workers or people being taken advantage of when we could do more to secure the voting process.

Specifically, here's an article I found about it.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/11/5-reasons-your-poll-worker-might-be-totally-clueless

Granted, none of this addresses the issue of people being allowed to vote without showing ID...which is a policy problem. But I guess ultimately, I'd favor any improvement to the actual voting process over typical election time smear campaign garbage. But I'm also for campaign spending limits and Congressional term limits as well.

Hopefully our congress will work on a national voter ID law.

Hell, it wouldn't bother me if you had to renew it every year. Keep the dead and illegals from voting for those goddamn liberal pieces of shit.

State Attorney in Cook County is investigating a fraudulent robo-call made to 2,000 Chicago election judges telling them not to report on election day.  Apparently threw a lot of Chicago polling locations into chaos and helped depress votes in those locations  -- had people standing in line until 3am to cast provisional ballots.

bread's done
Back