Manufacturer Refurbished 32gb Wii U for 205 shipped

I picked up one of these last week before they went out of stock. Looks brand new. Also got the 160 coins for Club Nintendo for registering. If you're in the market for a Wii U, this is a tough deal to top. I think the only thing missing compared to the new 32gb deluxe set is the cradle, but those are like $5 on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered one. What accessories do you recommend? I don't ever really plan on playing mutiplayer, so (barring playing Wii games) do I need Wiimotes at all? Do I need a Pro controller, or can I always just stick with the game pad?

Finally pulled the trigger and ordered one. What accessories do you recommend? I don't ever really plan on playing mutiplayer, so (barring playing Wii games) do I need Wiimotes at all? Do I need a Pro controller, or can I always just stick with the game pad?
I would definitely get a pro controller.

You will need a Wii Remote to play Wii games on your Wii U. You can possibly get a bundle cheap, but also consider the re-furb sets from Nintendo for $20... they are usually in awesome condition.

I hate NY and their dumb online taxes :/ This is definitely the deal of the year though.
wtf? I dunno shit about wii u's...except that nintendo's TIV on games always sucks compared to the others...but 205 for a used one has to be far far far from deal of the year. They would have to be less than 100 for me to even think about it.

wtf? I dunno shit about wii u's...except that nintendo's TIV on games always sucks compared to the others...but 205 for a used one has to be far far far from deal of the year. They would have to be less than 100 for me to even think about it.
Really? Because unless there's a pricing error in a store, you won't get a lower price for a deluxe Wii U. And as many people have said before, the quality on these are basically open box (or even new). Nintendo doesn't like to cut prices on their hardware so this is a great deal, especially with Smash coming in a few weeks!

Less than 100 dollars... that will never happen anytime soon. Too many amazing games coming out this winter and next year.

Really? Because unless there's a pricing error in a store, you won't get a lower price for a deluxe Wii U. And as many people have said before, the quality on these are basically open box (or even new). Nintendo doesn't like to cut prices on their hardware so this is a great deal, especially with Smash coming in a few weeks!

Less than 100 dollars... that will never happen anytime soon. Too many amazing games coming out this winter and next year.
Agreed with what you said on the condition. My wife and I pulled the trigger on this back in August; I would not have known it was "refurbished" unless there was that sticker on the box. Absolutely perfect condition, still had plastic wrap and all on everything.

Agreed with what you said on the condition. My wife and I pulled the trigger on this back in August; I would not have known it was "refurbished" unless there was that sticker on the box. Absolutely perfect condition, still had plastic wrap and all on everything.
100% agree. Bought one for my cousin and was surprised how clean it was. I mean, I wasn't expecting it to look beat up or anything, but I honestly wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between opening that one and a brand new one.

Since then I've been eye balling one for myself. Now that there are a few games on it that I want (with Smash Bros this month), I think I can justify paying $200 for it to play the games. Considering picking up a couple refurbished wiimotes too.

Get a Pro Controller, its nice for some games and for multiplayer. Personally I usually never play with more than one person, but its better than nothing. If you can get a hold of 2 Wiimote +'s and nunchuks, thats good to have too. If you can track down a classic controller pro, get one too-- for a lot of games (NSMB, Rayman, Mario Kart, etc) it functions exactly the same as a pro controller for added multiplayer and you'll also be able to play N64 games on the original Wii virtual console. The only thing to bear in mind is that Nintendo doesn't make either classic controller anymore, so you may have to go hunting for a used one. YMMV.

Keep an eye out for sales and discounts, and you can get all the controllers you need for a good price (I actually just found a new black CC Pro at Kmart for $15... go figure)

I got in on this for the kids for the holidays.  Keeps them off my PS4 and my big TV.  Now I just need a deal on the WII U Skylanders Trap Team

The taxes and shipping killed the deal for me. By the time I add up Mario Kart or a Mario game, I am only saving like $20 bucks so I rather wait for a $250 bundle on BF with no tax.

picked one of these up when Mario Kart came out.  Not a single regret.  The actual system looked lightly used, but has been functionally perfect.  The controller looked brand-spanking new.  Plus, it automatically qualifies for the Digital Deluxe Promo, which went a long way in helping build up my library (from the free games included with Mario Kart at launch).  Picked up several MK's, sold off the all but one without codes on ebay at 45$ each, making my total cost of entry for system, cradle, and five games under $300 (b2g1 on MK @ target, back then). 

Not a single complaint! :3

This is definitely the deal of the year though.
Wat? The Wii U Zelda Bundle at Sams Club for Sub $150 is the deal of the year so far for me, YMMV but definitely not getting cheaper then that.

This is a good deal, though I am surprised Nintendo didn't drop the price of the system for holidays considering the X1 is only $50 more now and comes bundled with a few games.

Wii U is worth buying alone because of Bayonetta 2 (and that comes with Bayonetta 1 HD), Smash Brothers, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and the various great AAA Virtual Console titles that came out this year. Next year is looking damn good to. It's hard not to recommend picking up every current gen system with all the great exclusives.

I'm looking to pick up a Wii U on Black Friday or before.  Any chance of seeing a Zelda Wii U Bundle on Nintendo's website?  Refurb or used, I'd love to get my hands on one of those.  If not, I may have to see what Black Friday brings...

I'm looking to pick up a Wii U on Black Friday or before. Any chance of seeing a Zelda Wii U Bundle on Nintendo's website? Refurb or used, I'd love to get my hands on one of those. If not, I may have to see what Black Friday brings...

any things possible the refurbished zelda 3ds xl was up on nintendos store

Damn, just my luck the battery inside or game pad died on me while updating the system after charging it overnight.  Well the good part is Nintendo covers shipping to them for the repair.  Hopefully they cover the return shipping too, as it just under 2 weeks old.

On topic, the system I got looked like brand new retail packaging, except for the box saying refurb all over it in Spanish and a few light scratches on the system casing.

bread's done
Back