What's the rarest game you own?

Asmith906

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
My rarest game is Bucky O Hare for the nes. I was shocked to see the prices it was going for. What are yours?

Bucky_O-Hare_-_1992_-_Konami.jpg

Custom version of Marvel vs Capcom that were given out for Walmart mightnight launch tournament.  

I don't have anything ultra rare, but probably Skies of Arcadia Legends on GC, or maybe Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis on PS2.

Also not super rare but I've only seen a handful I have the PS2 Slim in Ceramic White with the Matching Controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suikoden 2? Misadventures of Tron Bonne? Panzer Dragoon Saga? Giga Wing 2? Crusader of Centy? Musha? Snatcher? Vasteel? Lords of Thunder TG16? Shooting Gallery for the Odyssey? Probably one of those I would guess.

Currently it's Panzer Dragoon Saga, but I've previously owned a Star Fox Super Weekend cartridge. I also came *this* close to owning an Xbox 360 test kit with 6 Days in Fallujah on it, still kind of miffed about missing out on that (was $70 at Atomic Games when they were closing their doors - a friend bought it, and returned it  :wall: ).

Snow Bros. NES

Starcraft 64

Harvest Moon 64 

Scooby Doo Mystery GEN

Gotcha Force GCN

ICO PS2 

Namco Museum Vol 4 PS1

Hercs Adventure PS1

Not a game but part of rare, not sold in store collector's edition -> Uncharted 2's Dagger statue (from fortune hunter edition). Only 200 made.

Found it at Goodwill for $7.99 2 years ago. A CAGer offered to buy it for $500 which I gladly turned down his/her offer.

dscn3130z.jpg

I've got a few decently hard to find games

For the Genesis I have M.U.S.H.A and Crusader of Centy both which fetch $150+ cart only.

I've got Robo Aleste, Lords of Thunder and Popful Mail for the Sega CD

I've got Megaman X2 for the SNES as well as Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64.

I guess my rarest game is Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition. Picked it up sealed off CL. I won't ever be opening that guy. But I feel biased because I love that game.

Super Mario Bros.+Duck Hunt combo cart, I have it framed up.
Awesome. Used to have that. Had to get rid of it, SMB 3 and my NES due to epilepsy. It's all good now, haven't had any seizures in years.

Pokémon XD

Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 2

Not sure how rare these games are, but they're worth every cent to me.

I guess these are what are off the top of my head:

Complete Little Samson NES

Complete Panic Restaurant NES

Sealed and graded Bomberman 2 NES

Mint & Complete Keio Flying Squadron SEGA CD

Mint & Complete Snatcher SEGA CD

Mint & Complete Zelda's Adventure CD-i

Virtual Boy 7 ft. tall store display unit

Rarest, as in least produced, would probably be the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition or a complete copy of Shantae.

In terms of most valuable, I've got quite a few rare/valuable games in the $100-200 range, but the most valuable would be a sealed Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition... for some reason, these are hitting anywhere from $800-1000 on eBay. They were only like $300-400 a few months ago. I never expected anything I own to be worth that much but I guess LoU is just that popular. I also bought an extra one just in case the first was damaged... I ended up keeping both and opened one to play. Glad I ended up with two of these. :p

Not a game but part of rare, not sold in store collector's edition -> Uncharted 2's Dagger statue (from fortune hunter edition). Only 200 made.

Found it at Goodwill for $7.99 2 years ago. A CAGer offered to buy it for $500 which I gladly turned down his/her offer.

dscn3130z.jpg
That is an amazing find. If I remember correctly, there were only 1000 or 2000 copies of the Fortune Hunter Editions made and most were given to the media/press and a few were given out in contests. I'm amazed there was someone dumb enough to just donate theirs.

Out of curiosity, are you keeping that price tag on there on purchase? Normally, I'm not a fan but that's such a great story that I would do the same if it was me.:D

Lol, me too but I still kept on trucking through the epilepsy. Isn't it "game" not "games"? Is Rule of Rose rare or is it just expensive?

Forgot that I have this:

gow_every-tag.jpg

I won it at the Gears 2 gold party. It's the only chromed COG produced, the rest of the ones from this promotion are a dull metal. Even then only around 50 were produced.

Rarest, as in least produced, would probably be the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition or a complete copy of Shantae.

In terms of most valuable, I've got quite a few rare/valuable games in the $100-200 range, but the most valuable would be a sealed Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition... for some reason, these are hitting anywhere from $800-1000 on eBay. They were only like $300-400 a few months ago. I never expected anything I own to be worth that much but I guess LoU is just that popular. I also bought an extra one just in case the first was damaged... I ended up keeping both and opened one to play. Glad I ended up with two of these. :p

That is an amazing find. If I remember correctly, there were only 1000 or 2000 copies of the Fortune Hunter Editions made and most were given to the media/press and a few were given out in contests. I'm amazed there was someone dumb enough to just donate theirs.

Out of curiosity, are you keeping that price tag on there on purchase? Normally, I'm not a fan but that's such a great story that I would do the same if it was me. :D
Yeah the GW's price sticker is still on it. My lame as friends still don't think I got it for $8 so every time they come watch football on Sunday, it's (I have it display on a top shelf above the TV) right there on their FACE.

I'm 100% sure this person donated the complete set of fortune hunter edition to GW. Because the next day, a new seller (zero feedback) on eBay from my county listed his hunter edition (missing the dagger) for $1000 BIN. I sent him or her a message to buy it for $400 cash but was rejected.

Final Fantasy VII w/ Original Artwork
Disgea w/ Original Artwork
Metal Gears Solid 3 Subsistence LE (Still Wrapped)

Probably some others. Can't remember. All in storage.

Like a few others here, the rarest (or at least most valuable) game in my "archives" seems to be the Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition. It's a truly excellent CE for a good game, although it's a shame what happened with the fucked-up preorders.

That's a boring answer though so I will say out of my retro collection it's probably The House of the Dead (Saturn, CIB) or Harvest Moon (SNES, cart only). Both of which I paid practically nothing for. :p

Rarest consoles are probably my Virtual Boy, NES Top Loader, and Atomic Blue N64.

Like a few others here, the rarest (or at least most valuable) game in my "archives" seems to be the Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition. It's a truly excellent CE for a good game, although it's a shame what happened with the fucked-up preorders.

That's a boring answer though so I will say out of my retro collection it's probably The House of the Dead (Saturn, CIB) or Harvest Moon (SNES, cart only). Both of which I paid practically nothing for. :p

Rarest consoles are probably my Virtual Boy, NES Top Loader, and Atomic Blue N64.
I keep forgetting that the toploader is a bit on the rare side. I love mine just wish the video output wasn't crap.

In the last year I recently sold off my collection. I guess the 2 rarest were Shining Force CD and Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (4 Disc) W/ strategy guide...

For rarest system probably either my original Odyssey or Vectrex. I have a PC Engine CD which plays TGCD games but less rare than the US system. Channel F is up there too.

Used to be the Metroid Trilogy for Wii, but I sold my Wii and games. (Kinda miss it. Might just have to get another one. :) )

I think the rarest ones I own right now are Doom: Collector's Edition (PC), Call of Duty: The War Collection ( :360:) or IL-2 Sturmovik ( :360:). My games aren't really rare, but they're fun.

My rarest console I own is my NES Power Pack. Has the NES, 2 controllers, Zapper gun, Power Pad, all the manuals, brochures, and posters, and on top of that, everything is all original and practically brand new. It was played 2 or 3 times and even then, it wasn't abused. It stays boxed up on my shelf for collector's purposes.

EDIT: I also forgot that I have Need For Speed: Most Wanted for :360:. The original, not the Criterion "remake".

All 7 .hack games complete, including the CE of .hack//GU Vol. 1 w/figure. Had Earthbound (mint cart only) but sold it to fund a Wii U purchase (w/digital copy of Earthbound.)

Of 360/PS3 gen it would be the Tales of Vesperia CE, including the 2 bonus CD's for redeeming the code inside of the game.

I also own MS Saga and an English copy of Shining the Holy Ark.

If you like Golden Sun you should try out Shining The Holy Ark.

398-Shining_The_Holy_Ark_(U)-2.jpg

Mine would probably be my complete childhood copy of Earthbound, Kmart sticker still on the box. I also did the contest and have the sealed Mach Pizza Air Freshener, with envelop and note from Nintendo. Have most SNES RPGs complete as well. I'm so glad I was a responsible kid.

I honestly don't have much rare stuff. Some stuff sells for a bit, but I wouldnt call any of it 'rare'

Conkers Bad Fur Day 

Sealed FFVI GBA

.Hack 1-7

I guess these are pretty rare:

GCN component cable

Panzer Dragoon Saga discs 1,2,3 (still need disc 4 lol)

Clay Fighter 63 1/3 scultptures cut 

Signed copy of Megaman Legends 1 and 2 by Keiji Inafune.  Both are complete.  If I wasnt so stupid 10 years ago, I would have brought Tron Bonne for $20 and could have had the signed trio.

For PS1 it would be the disk for FF VII (but I haven't located it since I've moved), and for Vita it's HDN: Rebirth 1 LE. When I find the time I must locate where I put my GB version of Pokemon Yellow, I think that game is "rare".

Pokemon Yellow is one of the most common Game Boy games. Final Fantasy VII sold millions of copies. Far from rare also.

I have a NES cartridge that has both Mario and Duck Hunt on it. Two games on the same cartridge is so convenient I can't bring myself to sell it.

I remember when that CAGer found that uncharted 2 dagger at goodwill 2 years
ago.

My rarest game is probably my factory sealed copy of Bushido Blade that I
paid $30 for. Being factory sealed is the only thing making it rare.

bread's done
Back