Assassin's Creed Unity: Jump into hay piles together!

gthirst

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Assassins-Creed-Unity-Logo.jpg

Ladies, Gentlemen, CAGs one and all,

When shall we start stabbing from rooftops TOGETHER for the first time?

Anyone planning on picking this up?  It looks pretty great.

See you November 11th!

Add GThirst on the Playstation's Network for some assassining creeds.

What are you most excited about?

Ladies, Gentlemen, CAGs one and all,

When shall we start stabbing from rooftops TOGETHER for the first time?

Anyone planning on picking this up? It looks pretty great.

See you November 11th!

Add GThirst on the Playstation's Network for some assassining creeds.

What are you most excited about?
Yes!!!! Getting it on PS4, I'm down for some assassining creeds.

I'll send you f/r when ever I get on.

Excited about everything, EVERYTHING

The latest trailer blew me away. The WWII or which ever era that is, it looks interesting. I have it preordered for PS4. If you want to add me, on PSN. Bleedingwicked

I am trying to crush Bayonetta 2 and Black Flag before this and the MCC drops.  Then LBP3... Then Smash Wii U...  so much so fast.

Hopefully the community for this game is big and the co-op is excellent.  Can't wait to pick up my preorder.  I was a lucky one who managed to price match the limited edition to the price of the normal game a while back.  My first AC limited edition since they are usually insanely priced.

Preordered this as well, cant wait to try this out.  the co-op ability looks good, and should be fun.  PSN name same as profile name if you want to add me

Definitely going to pick this up can't decided if I should preorder or wait till the price drops $20 or $30 a bit busy right now with NBA 2k15 and COD AW

I understand that the PS4 and Xbox One versions are 900p and 30 fps. Has anyone heard of any differences between the two versions? I'm thinking texture quality, level-of-detail, draw distance, etc. 

I ask because I got the Xbox One Unity bundle for the MS exclusives that have been coming out recently. So my dilemma is whether to sell the Xbox One Unity code and buy the PS4 version or redeem the Xbox One version if there are no differences. I guess I'll have to wait until Digital Foundry takes a look at the issue. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So Unity is PS4 only? Rogue is PS3 only? Why the hell are they doing this. Black Flag was available on both consoles. I don't get this way of thinking.

Not getting Unity yet as I don't have a 4. Finshed AC3 and almost done with Black Flag. Don't think I'll be picking up Rogue anytime soon as I am done with the pirate stuff for a while. Instead I am going to tackle the Ezio trilogy. Only played Revelations a little bit so will be new to me.

I've been playing Liberation, because it was cheap on 360 recently, and I'm probably going to go right into Unity after that. Going from one open world game to another seems daunting. Has anyone played any AC's back-to-back? Maybe I should take a break first...

I've been playing Liberation, because it was cheap on 360 recently, and I'm probably going to go right into Unity after that. Going from one open world game to another seems daunting. Has anyone played any AC's back-to-back? Maybe I should take a break first...
It can be pretty rough. I played Revelations somewhat close to 3 and it made me dislike 3. I then rolled right into 4, which is the game I'm working on now. I am loving Black Flag though. I came to the realization that if the universe and the game is good, then jumping into the next, no matter how much content, will be entertaining. 3 was just bad. I didn't end up doing any of the over world stuff or extra missions since it was all tedious an unrewarding, thus I sped as fast as I could through the story.

I started Black Flag not liking the ship combat at all, but it grew on me. Now I like to manage Kenway's Fleet on my phone occasionally in between sessions. I hope Unity has something cool with a second screen app.

I didn't know there is an app for managing Kenway's fleet! Does it link to the game easily? I could be making so much money during off gaming hours.

The plundering of ships is getting repetitive in Black Flag. Still enjoying the ground game though. Almost fully upgraded my ship then I'm going after the legendary ships. So far the legendary ships have kicked my butt.

Just got back from BBY and installing the game on PS4 now.  Feel free to add me if you haven't already (PSN id in signature)

Been messing with the Unity app and it seems to be my favorite part of the Brotherhood game where you send your assassins on missions and they level up (and unlock in-game items).  Not quite as fun as the Black Flag app, but still, not bad.

Installing the game after coming back from BBY. Cashier was surprised when I got the CE for the price of the regular game.  :lol:

Was really hyped up for the game, but it got some average reviews and people are complaining about frame rate issues and glitches. Might wait a while on this =/

For whatever reason it seems like the only time I want my PS4 to be recording its 15 minutes, it only records a few seconds.  I had an issue where I literally jumped through a wall and ended up underground and kept falling until I died.  I only got the last 15 seconds of it which definitely wasn't the best part.

I can definitely vouch for the framerate issues.  It was fine in the first area, but when you get to the second area where there will be hundreds of people around you, it drops to around 15-20.  I find it hitching up even when just running in smaller areas too.  Hopefully its something they can patch.

I would love to open those Initiate only chests (gold) since I am level 19; however, the site is still broken after months of downtime.  :lol:

Ubisoft did everything they possibly could to get me to not want to buy it at launch with the parity bs and with the early problems it is having I think I'm just going to wait. I'm going to wait for it to be patched and for the price to drop to around $40.

With that said, I'm still looking forward to playing Assassin's Creed 2015 in about a month or two.

Initiate site is fixed now and it synced my level properly. So far I enjoy the combat a lot more and Coop is fun, but wish they expanded on it more. It's just too fun. :)

Current at the point in the game where I have fully upgraded legendary equipment in all slots and best weapons. Other than finishing up collectibles (so many :whee: ), I have been playing with friends to get all the banners/bonuses for our club.  :D

Random question, is there any way to just back out to the main menu?

Lol, maybe a dumb question, but I've found that I have to pretty much dashboard to exit the game. I don't see the option anywhere to just back out of the memory or anything.

Random question, is there any way to just back out to the main menu?

Lol, maybe a dumb question, but I've found that I have to pretty much dashboard to exit the game. I don't see the option anywhere to just back out of the memory or anything.
There isn't a way to back out to the main menu in-game so your forced to quit that way. Just force a save before you quit though. It's dumb considering previous entries in the series have that option to quit out.

Is this game worth playing? I have it but didnt open it yet. Im a big AC fan but from what ive read about the game, i might just rather sell it and pick it up later when its really cheap.

Is this game worth playing? I have it but didnt open it yet. Im a big AC fan but from what ive read about the game, i might just rather sell it and pick it up later when its really cheap.
It's worth it, personally I find it a lot better than Black Flag and ACIII. :)

If your worried about the glitches or framerate then they have released a patch recently which fixed a lot of the issues. Still another one to go to fix the rest. Before the patch, I had gotten framerate issues near some big crowds, but none after the patch. I also haven't run into any glitches yet.

Is the co-op working?
It's been working since day one for me via inviting friends. For random matchmaking, it worked for the seven sessions I tried today for the first time. I connected to a game on an average of 16-25 seconds.

Co-Op hasn't worked at all for me today. 

Only thing that sucks is, I need to complete co-op missions to earn some of the equipment I think looks the best. Those problems aside though, I'm still finding the game to be quite enjoyable. 

Thanks guys. I'm hoping to get a game share of this tonight or tomorrow and start playing. I really don't know much about the series. I have Black Flag on my ps3, but barely played it. The game looks so good on the ps4 that I just have to have it lol. Maybe some of you can send me a friend request and show me the ropes? I'd appreciate it. My PS ID is the same as my user name here.

The game has a lot of bugs but it is really fun to play co-op.  I find playing with 1 other person to be the best since the mission structure for the heists is pretty rough.  Once you get discovered about 100 guys run at you.  It's extremely punishing when you are trying to stealth the mission and there are essentially no checkpoints.  Plus really long load times.

Newcomers to the series might be disappointed because it is a technically flawed game.  Lot's of issues that should not exist in this generation of gaming.  But, if you are a big AC fan it is quite enjoyable.  Playing co-op AC has been a dream of mine since I first started the series as Altair.

I think with future passes and DLC we could see a huge improvement.  Either way there is a lot more here and more provoking than other games currently in the generation.  Customization, multiplayer, and leveling isn't the focus of the game and yet it's basically better thought out than Destiny.  I managed to get my expansion pass money back from Destiny and might put it to this games season pass.

Black Flag is probably a better place to start the series as it is arguably the best game.  I hear Rogue is basically Black Flag with some improvements.  AC2/Brotherhood/Revelations are all relatively similar.  AC2 had a great story with great pacing.  Unity feels like it was going for the AC2 vibe.

When I first started Assassin's Creed, I thought the modern day sci-fi twist was the worst part.  Now, I kind of feel the series is a bit disjointed without having a major narrative connecting them all.  I still stand by saying "The Ones Who Came Before" was a terrible idea, but Desmond and crew linking it together was interesting.

I find playing with 1 other person to be the best since the mission structure for the heists is pretty rough. Once you get discovered about 100 guys run at you. It's extremely punishing when you are trying to stealth the mission and there are essentially no checkpoints. Plus really long load times.
Heists are easy in organized play once you get phantom and berserk bolts. Even more so once combined with poison bomb and stash coop ability. :lol: For randoms, just let them charge in and stay back. The reward meter is individual based so you lose nothing while theirs plummets. :)

So I just started playing this and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to start a multiplayer game. I watched some videos online about finding npcs, but uh, I don't see any except the single player ones. Anyone care to explain how this works to my dumbass?

So I just started playing this and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to start a multiplayer game. I watched some videos online about finding npcs, but uh, I don't see any except the single player ones. Anyone care to explain how this works to my dumbass?
Multiplayer opens up on Sequence 3. If your there then it would show up on your game map under the filter 'missions' if you want to play a specific one. You can also start any random mission from the in-game menu via 'play together' and then 'play coop now.'

Multiplayer opens up on Sequence 3. If your there then it would show up on your game map under the filter 'missions' if you want to play a specific one. You can also start any random mission from the in-game menu via "play together' and then 'play coop now.'
Thank you!

Anyone hammering out the companion app?  I'm almost to the Altair outfit which is the only decent reward in the entire thing.  It's pretty crappy compared to Kenway's Fleet in the Black Flag app, which I still use since I haven't finished Black Flag yet.

The season pass has been cancelled

Anyone that bought it or bought the Unity Gold Edition will be eligible to receive a free Ubisoft game. Also I think future DLC will be free to all

If you purchased the Season Pass or Assassin’s Creed Unity Gold Edition (which includes the Season Pass), you are eligible to choose one free game from among a select list of Ubisoft titles.* These are:

The Crew
Far Cry 4
Watch Dogs
Assassin’s Creed Black Flag
Rayman Legends
Just Dance 2015

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-CA/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:164-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

So is the game still a steaming pile of crap?
I got it a week after release and I haven't had any of the issues that people were complaining about.

Granted I think I was 2 patches in when I got it, but I've only had some very minor and rare framerate lag and the 3rd patch cleared that up for me.

The load times are pretty crappy though. Fast travel isn't exactly 'fast'.

It's one of the better ACs story wise and I definitely like the big city setting over the frontier and naval missions.

I got it a week after release and I haven't had any of the issues that people were complaining about.

Granted I think I was 2 patches in when I got it, but I've only had some very minor and rare framerate lag and the 3rd patch cleared that up for me.

The load times are pretty crappy though. Fast travel isn't exactly 'fast'.

It's one of the better ACs story wise and I definitely like the big city setting over the frontier and naval missions.
This. The load-times are pretty much unbearable for me. Everything else I can forgive. I mean, this is 2014, dammit. Clean up that code!

Also, how the hell do I get to the fast-travel stations? Everytime I sync from a viewpoint, the viewpoint becomes a fast-travel station? But I cannot, for the life of me, try ot figure out how to use this fast travel station.

Also, how the hell do I get to the fast-travel stations? Everytime I sync from a viewpoint, the viewpoint becomes a fast-travel station? But I cannot, for the life of me, try ot figure out how to use this fast travel station.
Viewpoints and renovated buildings become fast-travel stations. Open your map and place your cursor over one of them, then press the button prompt to fast travel there.

Viewpoints and renovated buildings become fast-travel stations. Open your map and place your cursor over one of them, then press the button prompt to fast travel there.
Just make sure you're not in conflict or in the middle of missions, or it'll say that "Fast Travel not availble".

You access them from your map now, I think they used to be doors and tunnel that you had to actually walk to in some of the older AC games.

Just make sure you're not in conflict or in the middle of missions, or it'll say that "Fast Travel not availble".

You access them from your map now, I think they used to be doors and tunnel that you had to actually walk to in some of the older AC games.
Exactly. Coming from AC2, this had me really confused. Thanks for clearing it up, guys.

So I know this is the Sony page but I have a code for the Xbox One version and trying to decide whether to keep it or not.  The price on Ebay has really dropped so at this point I would be lucky to get $20-25 for it since I already sold Black Flag.  I have played all the AC games before this but the reviews, bugs and framerate problems have kept me on the fence.  Is it worth using the code or should I sell it and buy a cheap disk copy down the road? 

I'd just use the code. I think you'd like it, even with all the buggy BS. It's really just more of the same shit you've been playing throughout the entire series.

bread's done
Back