AMAZON: Injustice GAU Ultimate Edition, Batman Arkham Origins (PS3, 360, Vita, PS4) $14.99

If only this price was the battle edition...
Battle edition? What's that?

If you mean the Arkham Origins Complete edition, honestly.... I wouldn't bother. I haven't tried the multiplayer or Mr. Freeze DLC yet but I have played the rest and there's nothing special about any of it. Even if you like challenge maps, Deathstroke/Bruce Wayne don't feel nearly as unique as Catwoman/Robin/Nightwing from Arkham City, and aside from a chance to fight Shiva again the levels themselves are just as lacking. And while I wouldn't classify the multiplayer as dead by any means I wouldn't even consider wasting a penny on that DLC either. The skins are cool I guess, but some are unlockable in game and I honestly don't see anybody replaying Origins THAT much..... it's simply not as fun/polished as Arkham City.

Injustice is a great game.... just be aware that, even though it's the "Ultimate" edition, you still have to buy/unlock DLC (DLC that was available on Day 1 no less) to get everything. That stupid ios bullshit is still locked, so unless you know somebody who has completed that shit and is willing to share their WBID name/password with you you will still be missing several skins, including Batman Beyond and the modern Green Lantern/Black Adam. Of course they are still available for purchase via PSN. Which REALLY pissed me off.

Last edited:
Battle edition? What's that?
201585_LELG.jpg

Only  the "Lockdown pack" is missing (with the costumes of the android and iOS game), all content is unlocked form the start, the "Lockdown pack" contains:

Batman Beyond

Arkham Harley

Knightfall Bane

New 52 Green Lantern

Prisoner Superman.

You can buy it here from PSN for $2.99

2467926-ios+skins.jpg

I am tempted to pick this back up since I sold my 360 launch copy. I would love to grab the PS4 version now but I am going to wait since the MSRP is already $20 I can see this being a prime fodder piece for BF deals at

Only the "Lockdown pack" is missing (with the costumes of the android and iOS game), all content is unlocked form the start, the "Lockdown pack" contains:

Batman Beyond

Arkham Harley

Knightfall Bane

New 52 Green Lantern

Prisoner Superman.

You can buy it here from PSN for $2.99

2467926-ios+skins.jpg
Exactly, that's what I am talking about (although you forgot New 52 Black Adam didn't you?). The modern GL and Batman Beyond are my favorites, seeing them locked behind a $3 paywall in the "complete" edition of the game really pissed me off.

Last edited:
You can get those skins for FREE if you just unlock them using the iOS version, which is free.

The Vita version has all of the iOS content unlocked FROM THE START, since there is no way to link to the iOS version. So Vita really got the best version. I'm gonna order the Vita version, and I will buy the PC version when it drops to 6 bucks again.

*Edit* Just ordered this on Vita. There are only TWO copies left at Amazon. Act FAST

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Deus Ex  Directors Cut PS3 is 10 and Sleeping dogs PS3 is 8. I don't think anyone really cares but just putting it out there.

Came within an inch of jumping on this but then I realized the regular price is $19.99.  I don't know if we'll get $10 on BF but I won't play it before then and I bet we'll see $15 again so I'll hold off...but man is this tempting O:)

You can get those skins for FREE if you just unlock them using the iOS version, which is free.

The Vita version has all of the iOS content unlocked FROM THE START, since there is no way to link to the iOS version. So Vita really got the best version. I'm gonna order the Vita version, and I will buy the PC version when it drops to 6 bucks again.

*Edit* Just ordered this on Vita. There are only TWO copies left at Amazon. Act FAST
It's not "free".... it's a waste of my goddamned time..... plus I don't have any device capable of running it do my only option is DLC anyways.

And have you actually played that turd? I demoed it for a few minutes, and it felt very much like a P2W game to me.... not surprising I guess since that kinda shit is common on ios?

Finally it's already been said to death, even in this thread, that the Vita version looks like utter shit. I know I wouldn't buy it.

Let's please not defend shitty practices.

Last edited:
Any chance for a super-ultimate-Gozilla-in-your-face edition with this?  Seems to be a lot of DLC so far for it, is there any DLC for this game that is not included on disc?  Am completely turned off by the SFIV-AE-UE and DOA5-UE-FinalRound type BS iterations, so I'm gonna hold out until the "real" final version of the game.

Any chance for a super-ultimate-Gozilla-in-your-face edition with this? Seems to be a lot of DLC so far for it, is there any DLC for this game that is not included on disc? Am completely turned off by the SFIV-AE-UE and DOA5-UE-FinalRound type BS iterations, so I'm gonna hold out until the "real" final version of the game.
If you are referring to Injustice, it's done. There's no more DLC coming and there will be no new versions. In fact, they are discussing getting started on a sequel. It sucks their "ultimate" version is still pushing a DLC skins pack and their shitty ios game, but there you go.

FWIW the game itself is great.... I'd argue MK9 is the better fighter in terms of mechanics but both games are different and both play well. And like someone mentioned above the skins pack is just another $3...... it just really pisses me off that they pull shit like that, especially when those skins were available on Day 1 of the vanilla version.

Last edited:
It's not "free".... it's a waste of my goddamned time..... plus I don't have any device capable of running it do my only option is DLC anyways.

And have you actually played that turd? I demoed it for a few minutes, and it felt very much like a P2W game to me.... not surprising I guess since that kinda shit is common on ios?

Finally it's already been said to death, even in this thread, that the Vita version looks like utter shit. I know I wouldn't buy it.

Let's please not defend shitty practices.
Fire_Thief is tool what do you expect from him? Don't waste your breath arguing with him.

If you are referring to Injustice, it's done. There's no more DLC coming and there will be no new versions. In fact, they are discussing getting started on a sequel. It sucks their "ultimate" version is still pushing a DLC skins pack and their shitty ios game, but there you go.

FWIW the game itself is great.... I'd argue MK9 is the better fighter in terms of mechanics but both games are different and both play well. And like someone mentioned above the skins pack is just another $3...... it just really pisses me off that they pull shit like that, especially when those skins were available on Day 1 of the vanilla version.
Yeah, the MvC3 stuff that capcom pulled is deplorable as well. It's why I feel it benefits the consumer so much more to wait about a year. The price drop and then the potential announcement of a GOTY/complete edition of the game with the "post-game" content.

Yeah, the MvC3 stuff that capcom pulled is deplorable as well. It's why I feel it benefits the consumer so much more to wait about a year. The price drop and then the potential announcement of a GOTY/complete edition of the game with the "post-game" content.
It's capcom dude, what do you expect. Yeah they love milking cows. There has never been one street fighter title without new installments or updates. Sf 2, sf 3 and sf alpha...etc. Lets not forget the media type used which were cartridges back in the days were pricy also.

Heads-up, Injustice GAU PS4 will be a Playstation Plus title in December, in Europe at least. I don't know about NA yet.

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition is coming to PS+ in Europe in December, per this PlayStation blog here.

Hopefully we get it in December on PlayStation Plus here in the US, too.

EDIT: beatin' to the punch.  :whistle2:#

According to internet ps+ ps4 in december has injustice. Edit above poster right EU. But usually its near the same.

Heads up: Injustice PS4 was just confirmed to be next month's PS Plus game for NA

Also First Light in January. It's kinda soon to be a Plus title though :/

I got it at launch and it feels too soon.

Interesting, I may just wait for this to hit $15 at best buy or a $10 sale given the PS+ news.  I doubt you'd get all the extra DLC for PS+, just the vanilla game right?

You don't keep PS Plus forever, though. So I don't see why people get so excited over the games they give you. #Collector #Opinion

This is the Ultimate Edition. That means you get everything.
No, my comment was that PS+ members will get the vanilla game and not the ultimate yes? This deal on amazon presents more content is the point i'm making.

You don't keep PS Plus forever, though. So I don't see why people get so excited over the games they give you. #Collector #Opinion
I'm not a PS+ member either and prefer everything on disc anyway. I just wanted to point something out potentially for those who wanted the PS+ version of the game.

I really hate that arguement. I'm a collector but still, PS Plus is a heck of a deal. Way better than something like Games with Gold.

No, my comment was that PS+ members will get the vanilla game and not the ultimate yes? This deal on amazon presents more content is the point i'm making.

I'm not a PS+ member either and prefer everything on disc anyway. I just wanted to point something out potentially for those who wanted the PS+ version of the game.
PS Plus members get the Ultimate Edition free. So yes, all DLC free.

:roll: You keep them as long as you keep paying for +, which is gonna be as long as you keep using the system since it's required for online.

I really hate that arguement. I'm a collector but still, PS Plus is a heck of a deal. Way better than something like Games with Gold.

Thanks for clarifying that it's the UE.

I am also a collector, but unlike Newport, I think PS+ is a great program. Not everyone wants the clutter around the house and wants to deal with putting in discs, especially with hard drive sizes getting to be 1TB and (way) beyond now.

:roll: You keep them as long as you keep paying for +, which is gonna be as long as you keep using the system since it's required for online.
I dont play fps or most any online games. The only reason I had PS+ for a few months last year was to capitalize on some decent digital only games. I also dont have a lot of time to play with 2 young children in the family. I can easily see paying $40 to have a year subscription easily, but that would honestly just make me want to hoard all the games they offer to justify my subscription. Backlog is huge already, my thought is really just to buy what I need and really enjoy.

All DLC except the skins mentioned earlier in this thread. That definitely includes the Black Adam skin.

Eh. I was a big fan of that opinion for a long time till I bought the X1 (and now the PS4). Digital is the way to go. No disc swapping, just select the game from your library and press start. If the system ever gets stolen you call the respective company and have the account locked, re-log in and download the titles. If worst comes to worst and your digital titles get locked out 7+ years down the road the company is either going to re-sell you that title for cheap in some various form of a "ultimate" edition or good old emulation will be available to me. Also, most of the games you play your not going to go back to unless they are truly are indeed classics ala Super Mario Brothers 3 or something along those lines, so the games you'll want to go back to will be few and far between.

PSN+ is a great value in the sense, at least so far on the PS3 and Vita, that you almost never have to buy indie titles because so many become "free", and now with retail titles coming in to play it saves even more money. Being on CAG I'm all for saving money so I hope the value gets even better down the road with some decent retail titles.

Hell if it wasn't for PSN+ I would have never bought a Vita. 90% of the games I gotten were "free".

Course that's just my opinion.

Eh. I was a big fan of that opinion for a long time till I bought the X1 (and now the PS4). Digital is the way to go. No disc swapping, just select the game from your library and press start. If the system ever gets stolen you call the respective company and have the account locked, re-log in and download the titles. If worst comes to worst and your digital titles get locked out 7+ years down the road the company is either going to re-sell you that title for cheap in some various form of a "ultimate" edition or good old emulation will be available to me. Also, most of the games you play your not going to go back to unless they are truly are indeed classics ala Super Mario Brothers 3 or something along those lines, so the games you'll want to go back to will be few and far between.

PSN+ is a great value in the sense, at least so far on the PS3 and Vita, that you almost never have to buy indie titles because so many become "free", and now with retail titles coming in to play it saves even more money. Being on CAG I'm all for saving money so I hope the value gets even better down the road with some decent retail titles.

Hell if it wasn't for PSN+ I would have never bought a Vita. 90% of the games I gotten were "free".

Digital distribution/PSN+ both have their pros and cons. There are several games I bought on Steam that were GFWL that are either useless or crippled because Microsoft pulled the plug on the service. I can't even access some of the games I bought from MS because the Client no longer works. So I had to resort to pirating the game I purchased.

I like PSN+ for the free stuff and the games you get for the Vita. I do prefer physical because I live in an area with shitty DSL service and a 25GB game Injustice would take me days to download.

I can't think of anything I care less about than disc swapping. What are you people doing that it becomes enough of a burden to merit mentioning? I agree about the burglary thing, that is convienent, but you don't have to have PS+ to "go digital".

And honestly, these "free" PS+ titles are almost always either games I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever, or games I've already bought/played. Injustice is the perfect example, I bought it forever ago, I couldn't care less about getting it "free" now.

And considering how PS+ is now mandatory, I still doubt that we'll ever get anything better than Injustice for "free" on PS4. I have no doubt Vita will get tons of "free" shit, but there's simply no reason for them to really try on PS4. I'm sure they'll throw a bone once in a blue moon for the good press, but expecting it to be a shadow of what it was on PS3 just seems silly.... not that I got any real use out of it on PS3 either.

I think your Vita comment drives that home more than anything. By making PS+ mandatory on PS4, they are making everyone pay for Vita games..... which I know is the point behind it all, to try to boost Vita sales. I myself have 0 interest in the Vita, and will never get one (at least not unless it drops under $100 or so). That also makes PS+ look even more unappealing to me.

....honestly I think I am just gonna go PC/Nintendo this gen. All this bullshit about paying to use the internet I already pay for really pisses me off.

Last edited:
Digital distribution/PSN+ both have their pros and cons. There are several games I bought on Steam that were GFWL that are either useless or crippled because Microsoft pulled the plug on the service. I can't even access some of the games I bought from MS because the Client no longer works. So I had to resort to pirating the game I purchased.

I like PSN+ for the free stuff and the games you get for the Vita. I do prefer physical because I live in an area with shitty DSL service and a 25GB game Injustice would take me days to download.
Games for Windows Live was a shitty service and some companies are patching out of it.I read Dark Souls will be the next game to leave GFWL and it hopefully it ends up being a painless process, afraid the SF4 one wasn't.

It does amaze me in the soon to be year of 2015 shitty internet still exists, but I can believe it. I think speeds will get better for everyone but there will be the dreaded data cap that some people will have to face which is a travesty. However, netflix and larger files to download can only hamper big companies data caps all considering more and more people will be downloading large and larger files.

bread's done
Back