* * * * - 47 votes

Black Friday 2014 Video Game Deals - Microsoft Store, GameStop and More LIVE now!

#421 RoboSonic   Playing some Soul Reaver 2 CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:35 AM

exactly. it won't go down for quite some time. look at mario 3d world. that game came out a little while ago and still retails for the same price.

Yep. I end up keeping my eyes open for sales. Like what Wal-Mart did for 3d World online, and same with MK8. Ended up ordering it online and being able to get them instore for the online price.

#422 Shifty Effect   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Shifty Effect

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:38 AM

Hoping for FIFA 15 and NBA 2K15 for 34.99 or less for xbox one this year :D

I'll take NBA 2K15 at that price on PS4 or in a killer bundle.

#423 Blumpkin   Lunar Lander CAGiversary!   3101 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:43 AM

Nintendo rarely ever offers lowball prices on first party games. Then they wonder why some people never buy them.

#424 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12302 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:44 AM

Nintendo drops their gane prices towards the end of their consoles life cycle, such a lame practice lol

#425 RoboSonic   Playing some Soul Reaver 2 CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:58 AM

Nintendo rarely ever offers lowball prices on first party games. Then they wonder why some people never buy them.

Yep. And that's for a lot of the other companies too. Sales are basically the only way to get a deal.

#426 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14236 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:11 AM

Either that or the companies that print the ads.

This. Most started printing last week. (I'm kinda surprised they haven't leaked yet.)

#427 jflooooooooo  

jflooooooooo

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:12 AM

Again if you guys are banking on Nintendo games to go on sale like Smash Bros for 29.99 you are in the wrong business. Nintendo First Party games never ever go on sale and if they do its about 5-10 off the MSRP at most. The games go on sale at the end of the console's life cycle or the best deals come with bundles. 

#428 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2401 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:22 AM

Again if you guys are banking on Nintendo games to go on sale like Smash Bros for 29.99 you are in the wrong business. Nintendo First Party games never ever go on sale and if they do its about 5-10 off the MSRP at most. The games go on sale at the end of the console's life cycle or the best deals come with bundles.

I had gotten my copy of Super Smash on Day One for $27 plus 6% tax from Best Buy.

You can get the same price now. Just Find a 10% off coupon with the GCU discount.

#429 jflooooooooo  

jflooooooooo

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:54 AM

I had gotten my copy of Super Smash on Day One for $27 plus 6% tax from Best Buy.

You can get the same price now. Just Find a 10% off coupon with the GCU discount.

I'm talking about the Wii U version. I got mine for about 30 bucks with the 10% coupon and some money left over on a giftcard. Everyone on this thread is thinking that Hyrule Warriors, SSMB U, SM3DW, DKTF, and other games are gonna be dirt cheap. The only Wii U games that are  going to be cheap are third party games and that is the last reason why you should buy a Wii U. Best 3rd party game by far is Splinter Cell Blacklist though

#430 Kikyou1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   664 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:03 AM

Do you have a PS4? I only ask cause Injustice is free next month with Plus. If you don't. maybe there's a way to snag it and get it in your purchase history for when you do have a ps4.

No I do not and I don't plan to get one for a while my backlog on PS3 is huge. Also I have the battle edition and collectors edition for Injustice Gods among us but I really wanted the ultimate edition because I sold my 2 vanilla copies that came with my other editions.

#431 sinned47   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:07 AM

it begins

#432 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:09 AM

Its also $29.99 this weekend at Frys if you subscribe to their specials email

#433 PrinnyJ   Stay@HomeDad Gamer CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:28 AM

I'm talking about the Wii U version. I got mine for about 30 bucks with the 10% coupon and some money left over on a giftcard. Everyone on this thread is thinking that Hyrule Warriors, SSMB U, SM3DW, DKTF, and other games are gonna be dirt cheap. The only Wii U games that are  going to be cheap are third party games and that is the last reason why you should buy a Wii U. Best 3rd party game by far is Splinter Cell Blacklist though

To be fair, I didn't believe we would see decent sale prices on A Link Between Worlds and Pokemon Black/White 2 and X/Y, but we've seen those.   I still don't think some sort of sale on Hyrule Warriors is out of the question, since it's loosely first party.  The others I have very little interest in, so I can't comment on those.

#434 jflooooooooo  

jflooooooooo

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:56 AM

To be fair, I didn't believe we would see decent sale prices on A Link Between Worlds and Pokemon Black/White 2 and X/Y, but we've seen those.   I still don't think some sort of sale on Hyrule Warriors is out of the question, since it's loosely first party.  The others I have very little interest in, so I can't comment on those.

Decent prices on outdated 3DS games perhaps and that happens often.

Hyrule Warriors may be the only game to go on sale and perhaps offer an amiibo as well to entice people

I have high interest in all the others but not if I'm going to pay 65+ for each. The only game I'd buy is SSMBU and at that I can wait since I have the 3DS version which is equally fun

#435 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:45 AM

Is there some special reason black friday ads have not leaked yet? I would have expected walmart and such to leak already.

#436 dreamsINdigital  

dreamsINdigital

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:50 AM

Is there some special reason black friday ads have not leaked yet? I would have expected walmart and such to leak already.

We're still pretty much on schedule. You can see timelines of ad leaks for past years here: http://bfads.net/Whe...ack-Friday-2014

#437 Relativetime  

Relativetime

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:34 AM

Waiting patiently on Amazon's video game calendar/ad to drop.

#438 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2401 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:36 AM

Its also $29.99 this weekend at Frys if you subscribe to their specials email

I've never stepped foot in a Frys. They are not in my part of town. Only ordered online from them.

#439 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2401 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

Decent prices on outdated 3DS games perhaps and that happens often.

Hyrule Warriors may be the only game to go on sale and perhaps offer an amiibo as well to entice people

I have high interest in all the others but not if I'm going to pay 65+ for each. The only game I'd buy is SSMBU and at that I can wait since I have the 3DS version which is equally fun

GCU at bestbuy will allow you to avoid full retail.

And I think we should reserve Smash comparisons until we have both versions available to play.

#440 AlanSaysYo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 19.8 Years Ago  

AlanSaysYo

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

it's on the eastern United States. Est time..... So I consider it the east coast .

Not so much "east" that's in question as it is "coast."

#441 osugsxr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   475 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:57 AM

looking to pick up either a xbox one or ps4 bundle this holiday season. I had a xbox one in the early stages and it wasnt too good, sold it and just held off on another console. 

Ps4 with gtaV & the last of us @$399 seem pretty decent

xbox one COD bundle $349 at sams possible? gtaV how much would it drop come black friday? $39?

Pretty much the only two games I would play would be COD & gtaV  

#442 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

We're still pretty much on schedule. You can see timelines of ad leaks for past years here: http://bfads.net/Whe...ack-Friday-2014

Thanks for the helpful link. This gets me excited knowing that Wal-Mart and Best Buy may release their ads next week. I hope to do everything online for a fourth year in a row.

#443 oscargrouch   SCRAM! CAGiversary!   1351 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

oscargrouch

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

Yeah I am getting closer and closer to 100% online.  Basically only go out for the Brooks Brothers Outlet sale for clothes for work at this point.

#444 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2731 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:10 PM

The best deal on 3ds smash will end in 2 days. It trades for 20 + 60% w/ GCU now.

1. buy smash now, save receipt (1)

2. Try it out and trade it in for 32 to BB w/ GCU, don't foreget ot register the CN code

3. Sunday buy 2 smashes with B2G1 50 0ff.

4. return 1 of the smashes with receipt (1).

5. deal is sweetened with movers and promo 5 cert going on.

Even the best BF deals require planning, best deals ever on stuff requires the same.

#445 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

The best deal on 3ds smash will end in 2 days. It trades for 20 + 60% w/ GCU now.

2. Try it out and trade it in for 32 to BB w/ GCU, don't foreget ot register the CN code

Even the best BF deals require planning, best deals ever on stuff requires the same.

Or you can trade Smash to Target for an even $40 this week.

#446 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7281 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

2. Try it out and trade it in for 32 to BB w/ GCU, don't foreget ot register the CN code

Something just isn't right about this "deal".

*This is basically return fraud. You are getting an item (albeit from the same place) and returning it under a different receipt and also selling them an item again, albeit in your right to do that part.

#447 nixmahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2731 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:46 PM

Or you can trade Smash to Target for an even $40 this week.

lol, totally had not considered target b/c their TIV's have been total shit lately.

Something just isn't right about this "deal".

*This is basically return fraud. You are getting an item (albeit from the same place) and returning it under a different receipt and also selling them an item again, albeit in your right to do that part.

You just told me I did nothing wrong.

Or to rephrase, I bought 3 items from them and returned 2 w/ receipt, concent, and under their own rules w/ condition agreed by both parties.

#448 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

lol, totally had not considered target b/c their TIV's have been total shit lately.

Right now it's $20 and they have a 2X value going on this week.

#449 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7281 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:59 PM

lol, totally had not considered target b/c their TIV's have been total shit lately.

Or to rephrase, I bought 3 items from them and returned 2 w/ receipt, concent, and under their own rules w/ condition agreed by both parties.

Don't paraphrase what I said. It's in your right to trade in the game you bought, not do return fraud w/ the 2nd copy you're buying.

Your phrasing made it seem like you're going to buy it now. Trade it in (which is perfectly fine). Than next week buy it again during the B2G1 and than return that copy with the receipt you got from the 1st purchase of just the game (not the same receipt you actually bought it on).

If this is not the case that you are trying to do than by all means.

Sam's Club BF Ad Leak: http://bfads.net/Bla...y/Sams-Club/Ad#

#450 nightmarishhero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

nightmarishhero

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

Don't paraphrase what I said. It's in your right to trade in the game you bought, not do return fraud w/ the 2nd copy you're buying.
Your phrasing made it seem like you're going to buy it now. Trade it in (which is perfectly fine). Than next week buy it again during the B2G1 and than return that copy with the receipt you got from the 1st purchase of just the game (not the same receipt you actually bought it on).
If this is not the case that you are trying to do than by all means.

Sam's Club BF Ad Leak: http://bfads.net/Bla...y/Sams-Club/Ad#

Wow, 150 for a special edition nsmb2 3ds xl bundle, has ninty even announced this special 3ds xl yet? first I have seen or heard of it