* * * * - 47 votes

Black Friday 2014 Video Game Deals - Microsoft Store, GameStop and More LIVE now!

#2011 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

Does Walmart sell the games on other consoles at those prices?

They just say the other consoles on the side buy I remember having an issue with that for the PC version on BF4 last year, might've just been a PC thing because apparently they only had Diablo/WOW on sale for PC.

Basically looking at grabbing B2G1 at target today on some that I don't see included for target/bestbuy/walmart prices in OP (wishing I waited on Dead Rising 3 Ap.Ed.)

#2012 WittyNickname   Ne'er-do-well CAGiversary!   342 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

WittyNickname

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

I'm still going back and forth on whether to get the Halo bundle in-store with the $30 gift card or get the online bundle. Either way, I'm going to sell the code to a friend for $40, so it's a choice between the Xbox One for $260 or $340 with a bonus game and year of Live. I might do the in-store deal if only to wait and see if I can buy Live and an extra game a la carte for less than the $80 difference.

Sounds like we're in quite similar boats. My plan, fraught with almost certain infuriating pitfalls, at the stroke of midnight on Thanksgiving:

1) Walmart.com, quickly add the PS4 online-only bundle so I can see if there's anything worth a damn for the plus-two games. If so, buy it.

2) If not, attempt a past-the-last-second pivot and buy the online-only Xbone bundle with Sunset Overdrive.

3) Regardless of which of the first two are successful, proceed to Bestbuy.com and snag a couple of games for either my freshly bought PS4, Xbone, or (heavens forbid) the 360 and PS3 I've just failed to replace moments prior.

I'm concerned that the content of Walmart's PS4 bundle won't be known UNTIL that midnight grabbing spree commences. Not much I can do about that, though, other than keep trying your method of search string prognostication.

#2013 aathegamer   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

aathegamer

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:50 PM

Hey Guys I made a poll to help people decide what games to get this black friday. Here go vote on games you are getting.

https://www.cheapass...guide-and-poll/

#2014 srac84  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:03 PM

if you have an amex card dont forget to use it to buy the bundle to get 25 dollars back at best buy and use the ibotta program to get an additional 15 back

#2015 sherlock2g   Like Whoa! CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

sherlock2g

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

The items that i most have my eyes on are a 3ds, smash bros and pokemon omega ruby. Because i just started a new job i only recieved 1 check for the month of nov, but i will recieve 3 checks during the month of december. So my question to you guys is what stores do you guys think i should target for the items listed above and if you guys think i can afford to get the games during the BF rush and wait to get the console next month? and vice versa. Thanks to those who respond

If you feel you can't afford it right now, just wait until December. There will be deals through out the month like Cyber Mondays. Pokemon and Smash rarely go on sale but BB is always good for a surprise deal every now and then. 

#2016 CaptFalcon0190   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

CaptFalcon0190

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:14 PM

Im debating on whether to buy a TV on Black Friday and then buy an Xbox One in December. Best Buy has a nice 32" HDTV for only $227.99 on Black Friday that I'm really interested in.

#2017 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

A majority of BF ads for games are useless if you have GCU. I'd rather spend the extra $5 at Best Buy and get the points.

Well that doesn't make any sense. You will spend a lot more just to get $5 coupons. You'd rather buy 6 games for $25 each to get a $5 coupon than buy the same 6 games for $20 each okay then...

#2018 EternityBlazer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   71 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

EternityBlazer

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:24 PM

What are the chances that Amazon will sell a year of PS Plus for $30 again?

#2019 Aeonofgods  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:29 PM

What are the chances that Amazon will sell a year of PS Plus for $30 again?

Im hoping they do that and xbox live. That was a great deal! Also they did B2G1 on any released games so I'm hoping we see some details soon

#2020 spauldingfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   567 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

spauldingfan

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:31 PM

oh, I completely skipped over that. I see it is listed here for xbox one and ps4, know if it includes last gen stuff? The person I want it for only has ps3 and 360

Friends don't let friends play alien isolation on last gen consoles.

#2021 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

Friends don't let friends play alien isolation on last gen consoles.

Friends don't let friends play alien isolation at all.

#2022 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15186 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:04 PM

Does the gold skylander still go for a good amount? I got the skylanders bundle earlier in the year and would say say its worth getting. Comes with nintendoland and I sold my skylanders for like 35-40. Digital deluxe promo ends soon. Either console you get is going to need a hard drive if you buy digital.

I have no clue on the value of Skylanders but the refurb's from Nintendo generally come with NintendoLand also. I would rather have the 32GB HDD & spend $50, get $5 back on digital purchases with the black Wii U vs. 8 GB & Skylanders with no digital discount.

#2023 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15186 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:11 PM

Pretty sure wii is still 1st worldwide. They were still up by 20 million or so

My bad. Wii is #1 Worldwide but 2nd in NA behind 360. PS3 is 3rd in NA by A LOT but 2nd worldwide, although that is close enough it could flip again with 360 since it's only by a few 100k.

#2024 xcefkevin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   307 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:39 PM

In a somewhat, kinda video game related question: Whats the best black Friday deal people have seen for a tablet? I'm looking for something under $200 if possible and something that isn't crap. Any suggestions? 

#2025 R4L   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   711 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:46 PM

I just bought a Vita...what are the chances of Vita games going on sale?

#2026 CookieParty   Artist formerly known as Burritoman CAGiversary!   3260 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

CookieParty

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:49 PM

they are going to rerelease it as Alien: Wasted Potential

#2027 OfficialSono  

OfficialSono

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

Im debating on whether to buy a TV on Black Friday and then buy an Xbox One in December. Best Buy has a nice 32" HDTV for only $227.99 on Black Friday that I'm really interested in.

They also have a deal for a 50" Panasonic in store only on thanksgiving day for $200. 

$227 for a 32" is no deal.

#2028 OfficialSono  

OfficialSono

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:52 PM

Double post. 

#2029 sherlock2g   Like Whoa! CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

sherlock2g

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

I just bought a Vita...what are the chances of Vita games going on sale?

You might see some deals in store. Like in the $15/20 bends. Check Amazon and Gamestop for used deals. PSN also has good sales. 

• R4L likes this

#2030 JPSwags   Dew Junkie CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:16 PM

Any deals on the Lego games? Most importantly, Lego Batman 3?

#2031 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:29 PM

In a somewhat, kinda video game related question: Whats the best black Friday deal people have seen for a tablet? I'm looking for something under $200 if possible and something that isn't crap. Any suggestions? 

If you're talking about Android, I don't think they put "good" tablets on sale for the most part.  If you look at iPads, Walmart is only selling old models cheap.  Best Buy shows on it's front page the iPad Air 2's for $100 off MSRP (the other iPads it says "check back Nov 20th").  The Target ad shows the iPad Air 2 for regular MSRP with a $140 gift card.  If you're a regular Target shopper, especially if you have a red card (5% off all purchases) I'd go with that one for a net price of $475 with red card savings - $140 gift card = $335+tax.  Considering it just came out last month, that's a good deal.

#2032 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:35 PM

It was a pretty good game with decent reviews, unlike the Colonial Marines garbage.

#2033 xcefkevin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   307 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

If you're talking about Android, I don't think they put "good" tablets on sale for the most part.  If you look at iPads, Walmart is only selling old models cheap.  Best Buy shows on it's front page the iPad Air 2's for $100 off MSRP (the other iPads it says "check back Nov 20th").  The Target ad shows the iPad Air 2 for regular MSRP with a $140 gift card.  If you're a regular Target shopper, especially if you have a red card (5% off all purchases) I'd go with that one for a net price of $475 with red card savings - $140 gift card = $335+tax.  Considering it just came out last month, that's a good deal.

Well I've never owned a tablet before so I'm not looking for a top of the line ipad or higher priced one like an iPad. But for example I saw Best Buy with a 10" Windows 8 tablet for $149 and a 7" Galaxy Tab 4 for the same price. Just wondering if either of those are any good or anyone saw something similar for the same price. I'm assuming Amazon will also be having a sale on their Fire tablets so maybe that's another option. 

#2034 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:39 PM

Well I've never owned a tablet before so I'm not looking for a top of the line ipad or higher priced one like an iPad. But for example I saw Best Buy with a 10" Windows 8 tablet for $149 and a 7" Galaxy Tab 4 for the same price. Just wondering if either of those are any good or anyone saw something similar for the same price. I'm assuming Amazon will also be having a sale on their Fire tablets so maybe that's another option. 

It's more a matter of what ecosystem you're using.  If you're using android phones then buy an android tablet.  If you have an iPhone then buy iOS tablets.

#2035 rlb   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:41 PM

Gamestop has the PS3 Super Slim bundles, and a few 320GB Slim bundles brand new for $250. Would it be better to get a new one for $250 vs a refurb for around $200? I think it is probably worth the extra $ for peace of mind and a Sony warranty. Plus you never know how the refurb was treated by the owner. Does anyone think GS will drop the $ on these for BF?

#2036 rlb   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:41 PM

Gamestop has the PS3 Super Slim bundles, and a few 320GB Slim bundles brand new for $250. Would it be better to get a new one for $250 vs a refurb for around $200? I think it is probably worth the extra $ for peace of mind and a Sony warranty. Plus you never know how the refurb was treated by the owner. Does anyone think GS will drop the $ on these for BF?

#2037 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:42 PM

It's more a matter of what ecosystem you're using. If you're using android phones then buy an android tablet. If you have an iPhone then buy iOS tablets.

Disagree. I have an iPhone and a Nexus 7. Best of both worlds :D

#2038 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:48 PM

I just looked at that Galaxy tablet you were referring to because that seemed like a good deal.  I don't keep track of Android tablets but I think most of them now prevent you from running apps off the sdcard and it's only got 8GB of onboard memory.

I have other devices, I just don't think it's reasonable to go that route when they can all share the same account. 

#2039 ghost1914  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:02 PM

If you are on ios8 it is best to have all Apple products because of how seamless things work between them.

#2040 Grosbard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   488 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Grosbard

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:06 PM

So, is there pretty much nothing for Nintendo 1st party games? What about Amazon, do they usually put some on sale?