Horizontal wave pattern in SNES 2?

Vinny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
So I picked up a SNES 2 recently and noticed that there's this wavy horizontal pattern that slow repeats on my screen, starting at the top and going to the bottom. I attached two pics, it's kinda hard to see but in the first pic it's just below the blue (not purple) and orange dragons, and in the second pic it's on the cyclops dragon. 

I tried this on two TVs and with Super Metroid and the same issue exists. 

Any idea what's causing that? Can it be fixed? 

You should check if you're using the correct power adapter. If not, you should go buy an official one.

I've also heard about similar problems with later revisions, but it was cured by adding a capacitor or two to certain spots.

Are you using the correct power adapter? Have you tried using a different set of cables?
You should check if you're using the correct power adapter. If not, you should go buy an official one.

I've also heard about similar problems with later revisions, but it was cured by adding a capacitor or two to certain spots.
You two were right about the power adapter. I was using a generic one, but got an official one and that solved the problem.

bread's done
Back