* * * - - 4 votes

Retro City Rampage DX limited PS4 Blu-Ray Run $25.00 + S&H 2,000 Made

#91 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4208 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:23 AM

Yup, got mine. It will sit on shelf sealed, until it reaches Earthbound levels of dumb money.

#92 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4395 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

I'm still mad someone swiped multiples of these between the time I put mine in cart and was waiting for Paypal to process my payment. :-(

#93 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:47 PM

I don't want to be a dick, but it's not that person's fault you missed out. The game was readily available for two whole days, it didn't sell out in an instant. Resellers, flippers, collectors, etc aren't to blame - refer back to all the sarcastic "this is a bad deal posts" at the front of the thread. A lot of people didn't want it until it sold out or was on the verge of selling out. Any time something is truly limited, just preorder it if you even have a passing interest in owning it. You can always cancel later and you won't have to worry about it selling out.

This isn't directed at you specifically, any time a CE or limited item like this comes along there is always some degree of blame put on resellers. I can see that being a legitimate complaint regarding items that sell out in minutes or seconds, but when something is available for over 24 hours, it really is fair game for everyone.

Keep an eye on eBay, a lot of people will be getting their shipment in the mail today and the price will probably plummet back to ~$80 before steadily rising again.

I'd also recommend keeping an eye on Fangamer, as I have no doubt they'll be looking into doing this for other titles they already represent on their store (Octodad, TowerFall, etc.). This was too successful to be a one time thing. Hell, I'm probably going to contact them to see if they want to do a limited run of my company's Vita titles (they probably won't but it is worth a shot).

#94 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3277 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

I don't want to be a dick, but it's not that person's fault you missed out. The game was readily available for two whole days, it didn't sell out in an instant. Resellers, flippers, collectors, etc aren't to blame - refer back to all the sarcastic "this is a bad deal posts" at the front of the thread. A lot of people didn't want it until it sold out or was on the verge of selling out. Any time something is truly limited, just preorder it if you even have a passing interest in owning it. You can always cancel later and you won't have to worry about it selling out.

This isn't directed at you specifically, any time a CE or limited item like this comes along there is always some degree of blame put on resellers. I can see that being a legitimate complaint regarding items that sell out in minutes or seconds, but when something is available for over 24 hours, it really is fair game for everyone.

Keep an eye on eBay, a lot of people will be getting their shipment in the mail today and the price will probably plummet back to ~$80 before steadily rising again.

I'd also recommend keeping an eye on Fangamer, as I have no doubt they'll be looking into doing this for other titles they already represent on their store (Octodad, TowerFall, etc.). This was too successful to be a one time thing. Hell, I'm probably going to contact them to see if they want to do a limited run of my company's Vita titles (they probably won't but it is worth a shot).

Omg a disc copy of towerfall would make me so happy.

#95 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2955 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:27 AM

Omg a disc copy of towerfall would make me so happy.

Me too, I'd order it in an instant. I've played way too much of that game!

#96 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4395 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

For the record, there's no one specific person I know to blame... lol. BUT, throughout the thread here and elsewhere, there have been people talking about buying multiples to hoard or re-sell. Just frustrated...but I'll live.

#97 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

So how many of you guys are feeling really dumb about not wanting to pay the $4 shipping now?  I'm happy as a pig in shit with my copy :D

#98 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3277 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

Got my copy today, I'll be playing it tonight.