* * * * - 24 votes

Best Buy Black Friday AD Preview [LIVE Now!]

#811 matsumoto11756   Need gaming time CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

matsumoto11756

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:09 PM

Anyone , please answer :(

And avenged please don't make that set in stone, as I said, I might be wrobf, as you see I have BBY questions of my own :D lol

I'm not sure if Visa cards work but the problem is I believe it takes 15 days from purchase date for points to post. If so that would post them after the presale (after Black Friday too).

Let's go Mets !!!!! 2015 NL Champs!

#812 georgebot84   Steamboy CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

georgebot84

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:14 PM

Anyone thinking of buying that 4K Samsung, you should think twice since it is only has 60hz and does not have an HDMI2.0 port (which is what you need for 4K).

Activision can suck a dik.

#813 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:29 PM

Ok thanks

I guess I'll have to check huh

Thank you

(You're right about 15 days but it's not a concern atm, I just want to know)

#814 AkariK   マスタースパーク CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:43 AM

Crap, Diablo 3 Ultimate PS3 version isn't on sale? That's annoying... now I have to figure out where to get the PS3 one for BF.

#815 BiggyP2P   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:56 AM

Crap, Diablo 3 Ultimate PS3 version isn't on sale? That's annoying... now I have to figure out where to get the PS3 one for BF.

Keep in mind it does say "Other Platforms Available".  So it might still be.

#816 AkariK   マスタースパーク CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:26 AM

Keep in mind it does say "Other Platforms Available".  So it might still be.

The ad shows a picture of the PS4 one, with that line. They listed the XB1 version, so I assume that's what they mean by other platforms. I guess I'll wait and see.

Although I don't see Wolfenstein for PS3 anywhere on the ad either, actually.

#817 chrislisting   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:01 AM

Diablo 3 ultimate is worth even $60. And this from a non rpg fan ! Great game

#818 AverySegaw  

AverySegaw

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:04 AM

The ad shows a picture of the PS4 one, with that line. They listed the XB1 version, so I assume that's what they mean by other platforms. I guess I'll wait and see.

Although I don't see Wolfenstein for PS3 anywhere on the ad either, actually.

Wolfenstein will be $19.99 for 360 and PS3. When you click on a game in the ad, it shows you the price across all available platforms.

automechtech1.png

#819 GoVols   SuperCAG CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:18 AM

Is there no deal on ps+ membership?
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!

#820 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:00 AM

So are prices for games going to be good online? Really don't feel like going to best buy....

Link to my trade post:

https://www.cheapass...deadpool/page-1

#821 AkariK   マスタースパーク CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:03 AM

Wolfenstein will be $19.99 for 360 and PS3. When you click on a game in the ad, it shows you the price across all available platforms.

Ah, didn't notice that. So I was right, and D3 won't be on sale for PS3 at all. Guess I'll wait for more ads.

#822 esalw822  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:26 AM

Ok thanks

I guess I'll have to check huh

Thank you

(You're right about 15 days but it's not a concern atm, I just want to know)

Yes. As long as you purchase the Visa Prepaid with cash/credit and not BB Gift Cards, then you will get points and the total will go towards your Elite status.

Enuf is slippin' as this used to be the kind of post that he would give a four paragraph answer to, explaining how it could be done and recommending it to everyone

#823 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:29 AM

Yes. As long as you purchase the Visa Prepaid with cash/credit and not BB Gift Cards, then you will get points and the total will go towards your Elite status.

Enuf is slippin' as this used to be the kind of post that he would give a four paragraph answer to, explaining how it could be done and recommending it to everyone

Thankfully hes probably busy with the holidays,.

Deader2818.png

#824 NEP   Oogaboogabooga CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:32 AM

Interesting. I work at a Best Buy and was informed by management today that we weren't opening on Thursday and we were instead opening at 1AM on Friday.

#825 plowboy3982   Mr. Unapproachable CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

plowboy3982

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:37 AM

Interesting. I work at a Best Buy and was informed by management today that we weren't opening on Thursday and we were instead opening at 1AM on Friday.

Do you work in a state or area that has laws about when stores can open on Thanksgiving/Black Friday?

#826 Hielostar   The Never-Ending Baaaaacklooooog CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:43 AM

Yep, ye olde MA law says no stores open on Thanksgiving - physical ads distributed in MA will typically have the adjusted times listed for when sales start (RI is another one, IIRC).

MsHielo.png

MsHielo.png

#827 Rick4Life  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:47 AM

I just purchased the 40" insignia for my mothers guest bedroom. My family will no longer be forced to watch the 13" TV/VCR combo she has in there. Excited!

Debating replacing her living room 37" Olivia with that 50" Vizio smart tv on the 20th. Will elite plus members have access to that 50" Panosonic before the general public? Sorry if it has been answered, it's just hard to follow this thread every day.

#828 therealdanhill   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

therealdanhill

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:22 AM

Was really hoping for an xb1 closer to 200 somewhere on black friday. oh well

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#829 mitch079   Don't be a moron! CAGiversary!   12637 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:35 AM

Was really hoping for an xb1 closer to 200 somewhere on black friday. oh well

You'll probably only find that price used on warehouse deals or cowboom, if they drop their prices to adjust for the new ones.  Or maybe in 3 months when MS still finds themselves trailing the PS4.

Under Construction

spoiler.JPG

#830 irishsoccermbw   Banned Banned   6423 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Is it worth my time to bring the receipt for the Xbone Unity w/kinect bundle I picked up a couple of days ago to attempt to get the free extra controller on black friday?

I'll be going to BB anyway to pick up Shadows of Mordor.

Free DS2U

#831 Lumas101  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:13 PM

Is it worth my time to bring the receipt for the Xbone Unity w/kinect bundle I picked up a couple of days ago to attempt to get the free extra controller on black friday?

I'll be going to BB anyway to pick up Shadows of Mordor.

No, Best Buy does not price match bundles. The only way for what your suggesting to work is:

Go buy the full bundle on Black Friday.

Return everything EXCEPT the extra controller under the original receipt.

I don't know if that will be worth the time and effort on Black Friday....

#832 irishsoccermbw   Banned Banned   6423 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:15 PM

No, Best Buy does not price match bundles. The only way for what your suggesting to work is:

Thanks for the heads up.  My receipt shows that I paid 200 for the bundle (through some cashier wizardry) so even the full buy then return with old receipt wouldn't work. 

Free DS2U

#833 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3763 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:24 PM

Anyone thinking of buying that 4K Samsung, you should think twice since it is only has 60hz and does not have an HDMI2.0 port (which is what you need for 4K).

Oh not this crap again...

Is this really happening, fake 4k? Just like fake HDMI when it just came out that had video only and no audio passthrough. Or similar to AT&T and their fake 4G with a new iOS update.

#834 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:03 PM

Did you open the other console already? Co if thats the case it be hard for you to return the new one using the old receipt since itl show a differnent serial number.

#835 RockLobster   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

RockLobster

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

What do you guys feel are the odds that the PS4 bundle will sell out on Thanksgiving/BF?  Or the 2 games I'm most interested in--Infamous: Second Son and MLB 14?

Trying to decide if I should just the PS4 now and worry about the games that day, or attempt to do it all that day.  My fiancee and I are gamers, but neither of us are particulary interested in GTA V or TLoU (maybe LoU down the road, just now right now) so there's a big part of me that wants to just go ahead and buy the console now.

the-killers-1227292061-hero-wide-0.jpg

I saw the Devil wrapping up his hands, he's getting ready for the Showdown.

-The Killers "Dustland Fairytale"

#836 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2476 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

What do you guys feel are the odds that the PS4 bundle will sell out on Thanksgiving/BF? Or the 2 games I'm most interested in--Infamous: Second Son and MLB 14?

Trying to decide if I should just the PS4 now and worry about the games that day, or attempt to do it all that day. My fiancee and I are gamers, but neither of us are particulary interested in GTA V or TLoU (maybe LoU down the road, just now right now) so there's a big part of me that wants to just go ahead and buy the console now.

Not likely that either of those things happen.

644690.png

https://www.gofundme.com/newhomeforpam - even social media shares help!

#837 Rick4Life  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

What do you guys feel are the odds that the PS4 bundle will sell out on Thanksgiving/BF?  Or the 2 games I'm most interested in--Infamous: Second Son and MLB 14?

Trying to decide if I should just the PS4 now and worry about the games that day, or attempt to do it all that day.  My fiancee and I are gamers, but neither of us are particulary interested in GTA V or TLoU (maybe LoU down the road, just now right now) so there's a big part of me that wants to just go ahead and buy the console now.

Just get a movers coupon from the post office, use the coupon to get 10% off at best buy, get the console for $359.99... Use $40 savings to buy two games on black friday.

#838 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:57 PM

Anyone buy the 40 inch insignia for 180$ and have an opinion on it ?
Robocop vs Terminator for Sega genesis ... Probably my favorite game ever created .

#839 RockLobster   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

RockLobster

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:04 PM

So BB should have both the GTA V/TLoU Bundle and the standard PS4 on BF, right?

the-killers-1227292061-hero-wide-0.jpg

I saw the Devil wrapping up his hands, he's getting ready for the Showdown.

-The Killers "Dustland Fairytale"

#840 Lumas101  

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:04 AM

Anyone buy the 40 inch insignia for 180$ and have an opinion on it ?

No, but I own a 50" Insignia that was well worth the price, if that helps at all.