Gamestop Exclusive Shulk amiibo up for Pre-Order $12.99

Celsius

CAGiversary!
1415721713-nfp-amiibo-no25-shulk-ps-rgb.png

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-gamestop-exclusive/118681

Only available at Gamestop apparently.

It sounds like several retailers will be getting exclusives in the third wave. Not sure if they are just timed exclusives or actual exclusives.
....and this is why I won't be attempting to collect Amiibo's at all, availability bullshit be damned.

I'll just pick the odd one I like up when ever I see them in-stock, which may be very infrequently.

Hopefully these things will go on sale at some point. Not sure I want to pay full price for an amiibo.

Uh... are we already discounting the fact that the computer generated PEOPLE and the actual figures are looking completely different between Nintendo advertising and real life?

I'm sitting on pins and needles here as a EarthBound fan, I just want them to announce the Ness Amiibo already, lol. Definitely picking up Shulk as I loved Xenoblade Chronicles. I wonder if Club Nintendo will have exclusive Amiibos as prizes this year, something like a gold Mario, those would certainly be worth a bit to collectors.

anyone tried to preorder this in-store yet? My gamestop said that they don't have it available for preorder, so it must be a little early

I wonder if Japanese Amiibos will have no trouble working with American systems or games. I may as well just pick up the Japanese Shulk and save myself the hassle.

Can we get a limited edition version of this retailer exclusive version?

Underwear Shulk.
Yes please!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else click this wondering why Nintendo paid Marvel for rights to She-Hulk for one of these stupid figures...then get instantly pissed when they're reminded of Gamestop making New-Used copies of Xenoblade to profit off of high collector-market prices?

Disappointed that I can't use my GCU on this since its GameStop exclusive .-. Well I have to pre-order this now because I have no self control

Yes, but other items that were said to be Gamestop exclusives turned out not to be... Those character Gamepad fighters are just the latest example.

I keep calling them Wiiaboos by mistake. I was interested in collecting them, but if they're going to be doing this exclusivity stuff out of the gate, they can keep 'em. I don't want to have to find $22 of filler to get one from amazon, or no discount elsewhere,

I have most amiibos preordered at BB now because of GCU. I just swung on Shulk yesterday because of the exclusitivity. The upcoming subscription with Loot Crate might be cheaper though and I'm pondering canceling my BB preorder. Thoughts anyone?

Geez... I feel sorry for parents these days. Between cell phones (not to mention plans), tablets, game consoles and now these NFC toys (Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Amiibo), they just can't get a break. 

Geez... I feel sorry for parents these days. Between cell phones (not to mention plans), tablets, game consoles and now these NFC toys (Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Amiibo), they just can't get a break.
Don't feel bad for us.. I draw the line... like Disney. The kid wanted all the Marvel... so I got her all the Marvel (because when she's done with them.. they're going on my nerd shelf). Did I buy her all the originals? Hell no. They're toybox only.

And until these Amiibo's do something other than "unlock a mii costume" in Mario Kart 8.. they're useless $15 DLC. And judging the sculpts we've seen IRL I'd be embarrassed to have them on my shelf.

Don't feel bad for us.. I draw the line... like Disney. The kid wanted all the Marvel... so I got her all the Marvel (because when she's done with them.. they're going on my nerd shelf). Did I buy her all the originals? Hell no. They're toybox only.

And until these Amiibo's do something other than "unlock a mii costume" in Mario Kart 8.. they're useless $15 DLC. And judging the sculpts we've seen IRL I'd be embarrassed to have them on my shelf.
Nuff said

All this talk about the amiibo's being mostly useless have me second guessing myself about my best buy order for all of them.  While I do really like the idea of having these figurines, $10 each makes me wonder if they really are worth it.  The number of first party games Big N is going to release from here on out will be limited.  Are they really gonna release more Amiibos that support more than 1 or 2 games each?  Hopefully it's not unlocking a special skin for a character, that would really make me mad that I spent $10 bucks for a character skin.There had better be some meat on this idea.

All this talk about the amiibo's being mostly useless have me second guessing myself about my best buy order for all of them. While I do really like the idea of having these figurines, $10 each makes me wonder if they really are worth it. The number of first party games Big N is going to release from here on out will be limited. Are they really gonna release more Amiibos that support more than 1 or 2 games each? Hopefully it's not unlocking a special skin for a character, that would really make me mad that I spent $10 bucks for a character skin.There had better be some meat on this idea.
No.. it's a skin per game. And so far... that'll be 1 skin for Hyrule Warrior, 1 skin for your MII in Mario Kart, and then you can save your character to the figure in SSB WiiU. Except, it only holds one game, so if another game wants to do that? You LOSE THE SSB save....

It's brilliantly thought out.

No.. it's a skin per game. And so far... that'll be 1 skin for Hyrule Warrior, 1 skin for your MII in Mario Kart, and then you can save your character to the figure in SSB WiiU. Except, it only holds one game, so if another game wants to do that? You LOSE THE SSB save....

It's truly genius, and I'm not being sarcastic.

Sounds like Amiibo 2.0 will be in the product line.

bread's done
Back