Barnes & Noble Criterion 50% Off Sale 11/11/14 - 12/1/14

Anyone know of any coupons out in the wild for B&N right now?
Sadly they had 20% member and 15% non-member coupons last weekend, so it will probably be a few more weekends. Can't wait for the 30% coupons. I miss the days when the coupons didn't have a unique code and you could use them multiple times. Even the non-member coupons seem to have a one time use now.

Just a reminder if you are a member and get a 20% off coupon, you can use it in store and online as long as the purchases are within several hours of each other.

Picked up the Jacques Tati box set and Persona dual blu ray/dvd set.............SO FAR.

Was able to use the emailed 15% off coupon on the box set perfectly! came out to 56 or so bucks! yay.

Just a word of warning, it looks like Criterion is getting rid of those Blu/DVD packs and just releasing them separate. Happening much sooner it seems after their announcement to stop those. just an fyi!

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the Jacques Tati box set and Persona dual blu ray/dvd set.............SO FAR.

Was able to use the emailed 15% off coupon on the box set perfectly! came out to 56 or so bucks! yay.

Just a word of warning, it looks like Criterion is getting rid of those Blu/DVD packs and just releasing them separate. Happening much sooner it seems after their announcement to stop those. just an fyi!
If they're reducing the price, then I'm all for it since I only want the Blus anyway. If they're the same price, then that sucks.

it's going to be the same price as before they did the dual pack. Basically like it was before, DVDs and Blu's separate.
I see. I just recently started buying some Criterions and not all of mine have been dual packs. My Zatoichi set is a dual format set and if they could've reduced the price (and package size) of the set by getting rid of ~2/3 of the discs (DVDs) I'll probably never watch, I wouldn't have complained at all. But if they would've sold it for the same price anyway, I guess it makes the cost a bit more palatable.

Thanks OP. Had forgotten about this. Finally broke down and got my 666 spine and Eraserhead. Now to track down a BD copy of Cronos and I should be good for this round. I really hope they end up with more 70's car flicks. They did such an amazing job with Two-Lane Blacktop that I'd like to see them do the same with the likes of Vanishing Point. I know it's a pipe dream but I stand by it.

They have sent me two 20% off coupons that stack with this so I've grabbed a few movies. Think I'll get The Innocents and maybe The Seventh Seal tomorrow.

I also got another 15% coupon that I plan on using in-store.  I used my previous one on an online order that I had shipped home.  I had to return it twice for replacement because they just shrinkwrap it in a thin cardboard mailer with no padding whatsoever, causing it to be crushed.  I'm hoping the third one will come in a padded box as i requested for my first replacement (which didn't happen).  I can understand using that type of packaging for mailing a book (even then, I can see a book getting ruined that way) but for something like a Blu/DVD, it's ridiculous.

FYI, it appears that the 30% off one item Black Friday coupon does work for Criterion sale items.  I ordered the new Complete Jacques Tati set for $43.74 after the coupon (normally $124.99, Criterion sale price $62.49). The coupon code is BFRIDAY14 and it's good through Sunday.

It also appears that that coupon codes are not unique, so you may be able torepeatedly use them in store as a non-member. Still would only be able to stack the 30% coupon and 10% member once though.

FYI, it appears that the 30% off one item Black Friday coupon does work for Criterion sale items. I ordered the new Complete Jacques Tati set for $43.74 after the coupon (normally $124.99, Criterion sale price $62.49). The coupon code is BFRIDAY14 and it's good through Sunday.
Thanks for the code, friend! I was able to get Eraserhead for my girl at a song! Happy holidays!

FYI, it appears that the 30% off one item Black Friday coupon does work for Criterion sale items. I ordered the new Complete Jacques Tati set for $43.74 after the coupon (normally $124.99, Criterion sale price $62.49). The coupon code is BFRIDAY14 and it's good through Sunday.
Thanks! I was hoping a coupon I could use would pop up. Got Eraserhead and Hidden Fortress.

[quote name="arcane93" post="12279356" timestamp="1417146903"]FYI, it appears that the 30% off one item Black Friday coupon does work for Criterion sale items. I ordered the new Complete Jacques Tati set for $43.74 after the coupon (normally $124.99, Criterion sale price $62.49). The coupon code is BFRIDAY14 and it's good through Sunday.[/quote]

Got in just under the wire with an order for the Tati Blu set as well. Glad I didn't realize I probably could have used the code repeatedly in store, as that would have led to some financial difficulties on my part... ;)

Got in just under the wire with an order for the Tati Blu set as well. Glad I didn't realize I probably could have used the code repeatedly in store, as that would have led to some financial difficulties on my part... ;)
I used it 3 times in-store. :)

I believe I heard that the follow up to the Criterion sale is a 50% BBC and British sets. Following that was a 40% off sale on blu ray. Can anyone confirm? Debating using the Cyber Monday coupon on the Sailor Moon blu (currently around $62), but will hold off if the blu ray sale is around the corner.

bread's done
Back