Playstation TV for $79.99 (base) / $99.99 (bundle) on Amazon

DarkonJohn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
PlayStation TV $79.99

PlayStation TV DualShock 3 Bundle $99.99

I've been considering getting a Playstation TV so I could play my PS4 games on a second TV at home and while I was browsing the prices on Amazon their price dropped $20 for the base model and $40 for the bundle (with controller, 8GB card and game).

I was hoping for a Black Friday deal, but I decided to bite on the bundle at that price. Hopefully with a wired connection I won't have any lag/connection issues some people have reported when using WiFi connections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately I already have a bazillion devices that can play NetFlix, so that's not a concern for me. I'm mainly getting it so I can play my PS4 games in my office at home using remote play when I can't kick the family off the main TV. It should also be nice for playing some of my Vita games on a bigger screen and with a better controller. 

This is a bargain. The ideal audience for this is someone who has had a PS3 and PlayStation Plus for a while - you would've racked up dozens of Vita games by now. So $80 to play all those games you collected is cheap as chips.

I might just have to jump on this deal. I already have a Dualshock 3, and the memory cards for the Vita are super cheap right now. So, I don't really need the bundle. $80 is probably the best it's going to get, until they start clearancing these all out, due to lack of interest. Most people that wanted the Vita already bought the Vita.

No netflix still kills this,,, I will wait for these on amazon warehouse to fall in price and then get one, but this still a great price 

This is a bargain. The ideal audience for this is someone who has had a PS3 and PlayStation Plus for a while - you would've racked up dozens of Vita games by now. So $80 to play all those games you collected is cheap as chips.
Yes, if you got all of those Vita games with your PSN+ sub but don't have a Vita to play them, this would be a great way to finally play them for 1/2 the price (or less) of a Vita. Or it just lets you play your Vita games on a larger screen with a better controller.

But for me, the remote play for PS4 is a big selling point since my PS4 is in the living room but I don't always have exclusive access to that TV.

Do you really care about Netflix? You have a hundred other devices for that. I'm pretty sure it'll be patched in but if not, oh well. Sounds like people complaining about PS4 not playing music CDs or whatever the issue with that was.

I've been considering getting a Playstation TV so I could play my PS4 games on a second TV at home and while I was browsing the prices on Amazon their price dropped $20 for the base model and $40 for the bundle (with controller, 8GB card and game).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVMHVQ8/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

I was hoping for a Black Friday deal, but I decided to bite on the bundle at that price. Hopefully with a wired connection I won't have any lag/connection issues some people have reported when using WiFi connections.
Just bought the PlayStation TV Bundle. If it doesn't work out, we have until 1/31/15 to return it (Amazon's Holiday Return Policy). Thanks Op!

I might just have to jump on this deal. I already have a Dualshock 3, and the memory cards for the Vita are super cheap right now. So, I don't really need the bundle. $80 is probably the best it's going to get, until they start clearancing these all out, due to lack of interest. Most people that wanted the Vita already bought the Vita.
Don't forget you get the Lego Movie game with the bundle, so for $20 more you get the DS3 controller, 8GB card and the game. Of course, you'll need at least an 8GB card, so factor that into your price. But if you don't care about the bundle extras and already have a card, you might as well save the $20 and spend it on something else.

Yes, if you got all of those Vita games with your PSN+ sub but don't have a Vita to play them, this would be a great way to finally play them for 1/2 the price (or less) of a Vita. Or it just lets you play your Vita games on a larger screen with a better controller.

But for me, the remote play for PS4 is a big selling point since my PS4 is in the living room but I don't always have exclusive access to that TV.
Except, as you pointed out earlier, some of the best "AAA" PS+ free titles (like Uncharted, Gravity Rush, PS All Stars Battle Royale, Wipeout 2048, etc) are incompatible with it due to the lack of touchscreen, gyro controls, and camera.

Don't forget you get the Lego Movie game with the bundle, so for $20 more you get the DS3 controller, 8GB card and the game. Of course, you'll need at least an 8GB card, so factor that into your price. But if you don't care about the bundle extras and already have a card, you might as well save the $20 and spend it on something else.
I don't really have interest in that game. And, the rumor is that bigger memory cards will be on sale for black Friday. So, I'll probably be able to get a 16gb for around $20. The 16gb is currently $30 on Amazon.

As an fyi the bundle version at walmart has another game as well (sly cooper thieves in time). YMMV on a price match but just in case anyone was interested.

I would recommend that anyone considering the PlayStation TV research it very carefully first.  It does less than you probably expect, especially since Sony stupidly pitched it as a Roku- or Apple TV-like entertainment puck, which it absolutely is not.

It isn't even compatible with all PSN PSP games.  Sony shrank the list of compatible games shortly before release, which is rather the wrong direction to move a compatibility list.

What exactly is wrong with the PS TV? I don't want a vita but I'd like to play persona, binding of Isaac and maybe a few other vita games.

It'll have netflix eventually.  They already did all the hard work getting it on vita, which is practically the same OS, so it's just a matter of time.

Finally a deal on a Vita TV, seems like nobody is going to have a deal on this on black friday.
No one has any deals on Vita period. I face it...and most have that it's just not popular and has a very low presence everywhere. Good stuff does come out for it, but yeah it wont get any BF deals or anything.

Just get a vita if you want to play vita games. Ps tv really sucks though.

Too many incompatible games and lack of apps.

What exactly is wrong with the PS TV? I don't want a vita but I'd like to play persona, binding of Isaac and maybe a few other vita games.
Then it should suit your purposes well enough (provided it plays the few other vita games you want to play).

The main complaints I've seen are the fact that it isn't compatible with a noteworthy chunk of the vita game library (there's a link to a compatibility list in a post above) as well as lag and graphic issues when using ps4 remote play. And it doesn't have many other features (like the aforementioned lack of netflix). So, basically, the two main things it DOES do right now are done pretty poorly.

You really don't need a Vita to play those games.
I don't have a PC worth using and don't have the money to buy one. And I'd like to play persona 4 golden since I loved it back in the ps2 days.

I'd really like to jump on this but damn, If it's a laggy experience then I'll hold off and see if they'll update it and fix the problems.

ordered it, there aren't any black friday deals so no point waiting, and Sony updates their systems so most of the issues will probably get resolved, its not Nintendo where their updates are usually patches against piracy

do you also get lag when playing vita games?

also how bad is the resolution when playing vita games on tv?

Im really tempted to get it.

thanks in advance

Don't buy it for PS4 remote play. I had it 10ft away in the same room from it and it would disconnect over and over again. Lag was bad too. Good selling point, poorly executed. Needs an update for sure. Once that happens, might be something decent.

I have one and, in all seriousness, even $80 is too much.

No Netflix, no Amazon; the actual library of games it supports turned out to be not what it was purported to be at launch*; UI issues (switching between resolutions for various content, since not all content can run at 1080i, but this requires manually changing it in settings each time); PS4 streaming is pretty lousy; etc.

A trip to the Sony support forums for Vita will turn up a lot of annoyed/angry customers, and as someone above said, Sony really should have just not even bothered releasing this here.

*I will stop short of saying Sony lied about this, but the compatibility list shrunk markedly *after* the device launched.

No one has any deals on Vita period. I face it...and most have that it's just not popular and has a very low presence everywhere. Good stuff does come out for it, but yeah it wont get any BF deals or anything.
Gamestop is probably the only retailer left that I haven't seen the BF deals. Maybe they will have a deal on a Vita. I don't know if I want a Vita and a Vita TV. Might get one secondhand to compliment the other.

So what can u do with this
I had hoped the Vita TV would let me retire my PSP Go setup of a PSP Go dock, PSP Go component cable, and PSP power adapter. So that I could play all of my PS1/minis/PSP/Vita games on my television.

Play Asia has the white version for $60 plus 16$ shipping.

http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-vita-tv-paOS-13-49-en-70-77lt.html
Kind of want that Phantasy Star Nova themed Vita TV more if I'm going the import route.

Disappointed that the list of compatible vita games are so short but I do enjoy playing some vita games with a regular remote controller. I can't game on the vita for long periods of time....maybe if they had larger buttons/analog stick.

When it says very good, does that mean it's used and traded in or that the box is somewhat bashed up? Sorry, never used Amazon - Warehouse Deals before...

do you also get lag when playing vita games?

also how bad is the resolution when playing vita games on tv?

Im really tempted to get it.

thanks in advance
No lag when playing vita games. While I can't speak of DJMax, I know Project Diva f 2nd -- which gets released in the US next week -- compensates for lag and lets it play as if it was the PS3 version of it. The first Project Diva f, for reference, does not as it was released before Vita TV came out.

Resolution is scaled up from 544 to 1080. As a result, it looks good; graphics wise most games are between PS2 and PS3. Take a screenshot of a vita game you find online and full screen it on a 1080 resolution screen and that's what it will look like.

bread's done
Back