Dragon Age Inquisition

Currently stuck at work but can't wait to get home and get started on this. 

I loved the first DA and was underwhelmed with the sequel. The story for DA 2 was fine but limited exploration damn near killed the game. 

If anyone wants to add me for some multiplayer, please feel free. PSN: bobo2k4

I have my preorder down. I played the first one and liked it but skipped the second due to the poor reception.

Well, reviews are coming in now and Metacritic is showing an average critic review score of 89.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/dragon-age-inquisition
The second game isn't bad at all. It's prettier, very actiony, gives us a couple of memorable characters...it doesn't have a grand scale to its story as it does focus on a more localized approach. A lot of people weren't used to the sudden change from what Origins' tactics style did versus the actiony approach DA2 took. Plus, the maps were rehashed for exploration (you had a general map in some areas, with parts of it broken off during various 'acts'). I am just saddened that Bioware didn't release DA2 with a full bundle of its DLC like they did Origins. Now that the third is out, we may expect the trilogy at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently stuck at work but can't wait to get home and get started on this.

I loved the first DA and was underwhelmed with the sequel. The story for DA 2 was fine but limited exploration damn near killed the game.

If anyone wants to add me for some multiplayer, please feel free. PSN: bobo2k4
XSkittleKrazyX is my PSN tag. Getting a kick out of the game so far.

Yea, once I got to the first big map and started discovering all the side stuff, I just went crazy trying to find/do everything.   5 hours later I think I only have about 40% of the first map uncovered, with some areas i'll have to go back to due to barriers requiring specific elements which I didn't spec my mage for. 

FC4 took me about 40 hours (still missing a handful of trophies). I can definitely see how EA says people could spend 150 hours in the game.  I look forward to a lot more exploring tomorrow.

Guys, don't stay in the Hinterlands too long, the story becomes much better when you leave, and you start to recruit most of your companions.

I spent 12 hours in the hinterlands before moving on(not done exploring it yet) and even now I'm not moving on with with the story. I'm in the southern swampland area infested with zombies... Can't remember the name now but check that area out if you want an insane amount of action.

This game is so awesome. Like Skyrim, you don't need to follow the story to have a lot of fun. It's practically begging you to explore endlessly.

The key thing with any game it to make sure you're enjoying how you're playing it. As long as that is in play it doesn't matter who you play.

I definitely recommend at least doing the story until you get to Skyhold (4? story missions).  Once you get there, every character unlocks their own special ability tree.  I was really concerned about every mage being the exact same build, but the character abilities added some variety to it.

Noted. When I get back at it tonight I will get to Skyhold. Just like Elders Scroll I could care less about the main story once out in the wilderness exploring and doing battle.

Has anyone tried taking down a ram by running him over on a mount? I have a hard time hunting them unless I take two rogues and a mage or vice versa with me out in the field(I'm a warrior with a traditional sword and shield setup.)

What is a good level to leave the Hinterlands? I just hit level 7, and I'm maybe half done with the quests in that are.

Complete noob to the Dragon Age series....more of a "FF RPG guy"...but just got it for Christmas. Any tips before starting my game? Do I need to know DA 1&2 story to understand or can I juzt jump right in?

Thnx

Cant play destiny due to PSN being down. Load Dragon Age into the ps4...press options button loading screen forever as it tries to connect to EA :(

Stupid hackers...

Edit: It eventually let me start a game, so I at least have something to play until the psn haxxorz get bored.

I just got the game new years day and I'm loving it. I'm in the highlands now. I'm level 5 or 6 and just going through almost every side quest. The only problem I have is that I don't like the way my character looks. Will I be able to change her look or do I have to do it all over again? I really don't want to start over again after playing for about 10 hours. 

Nope. Luckily I googled that same question before starting...so I took over an hour creating my character lol. You can respec skill tho.

FYI...theres a couple of rifts in Hinderlands with lvl 12 deamons...so make sure to level up before closing those. Also when you spot the dragon in that area...run!!

Nope. Luckily I googled that same question before starting...so I took over an hour creating my character lol. You can respec skill tho.

FYI...theres a couple of rifts in Hinderlands with lvl 12 deamons...so make sure to level up before closing those. Also when you spot the dragon in that area...run!!
I kinda figure I wouldn't be able to change my character. All well I made it this far, I'm just to her now. Yeah, I got kill a couple of times at those rifts so I just stay away. I already know not to mess with that dragon. The first time I saw him, hit us with fireballs. I was out of there. I played a little last night. I'm level 7 now. I started doing some of the Haven subquest and talking to the NPCs. Today I'm going to try to finish the rest of the quests and level up before going back to the story.

I kinda figure I wouldn't be able to change my character. All well I made it this far, I'm just to her now. Yeah, I got kill a couple of times at those rifts so I just stay away. I already know not to mess with that dragon. The first time I saw him, hit us with fireballs. I was out of there. I played a little last night. I'm level 7 now. I started doing some of the Haven subquest and talking to the NPCs. Today I'm going to try to finish the rest of the quests and level up before going back to the story.
you can't change character class. you can only change the skill tree/specialization within your chosen class.

just finish Dragon Age. 65 hrs. i rush to finish at the end, got tire of doing side quests. it was great experience, definitely my GOTY 2014.

This game comes highly recommended. give me more wrpg rather than linear text base jrpg. 

Alright, I played the game for 2 days straight. I got out of Highland and finished the second story mission. I tried to finish the 3rd mission but keep getting my ass kicked at the end so I decided to go back and level up so more. My mage is level 10 now. I might got back to the story when I'm level 12 or higher. 

Alright, I played the game for 2 days straight. I got out of Highland and finished the second story mission. I tried to finish the 3rd mission but keep getting my ass kicked at the end so I decided to go back and level up so more. My mage is level 10 now. I might got back to the story when I'm level 12 or higher.
you level up really slow in this game. i am op at lvl 17.

I know, normally I would have been higher. What am I doing wrong? how do I level up faster?
I just play the game as normal and do as many sidequest as i can. I was over 40hrs in and was only at lvl 14. I think doing quest in "emerald graves" and "emprise du lion" got me to 17 rather quickly.

I just play the game as normal and do as many sidequest as i can. I was over 40hrs in and was only at lvl 14. I think doing quest in "emerald graves" and "emprise du lion" got me to 17 rather quickly.
I'm 35 hours in and in-between level 10/11. I'm doing as many quest as I can. I haven't got to emerald graves yet.

Killing all dragons, doing almost all the side quests, and all story missions except the last one put me just shy of lvl 24 on nightmare (at 109 hours). Leveling past 20 takes forever each level. Killing dragons and closing fade rifts are the fastest way to level.

If you are going for the platinum trophy, avoid using dispel on the spawning rift mobs. Dispelled demons don't count towards the 1000 demons killed.

bread's done
Back