* - - - - 3 votes

$30 towards GTA V on One/PS4 when trade in 360/PS3 version- Target 11/16-11/22

GTAV Grand Theft Auto V GTA Trade program Target Deal GTA V PS4/One

#61 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:08 PM

Will Best Buy match this deal? If not, I have GCU - what will that net me? Trying to see if it's worth doing now or waiting till after the holidays to pick it up at $40 when it inevitably drops.

Target is too far away from me to consider this.

#62 shanafan_cag   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   456 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

shanafan_cag

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

Yes they need to be there because they are not a regular target employee and are the only ones authorized to use the mobile kiosk which is the only place trades can be done. Nobody's arguing that it's stupid. Take it from someone who was a leader in that company for 13 years if you try to make sense of it you'll just get a headache.

Got it. Well, went to Target on my lunch break and glad there was someone working in Mobile. Quick and easy, and saved $30

#63 jj5206   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:12 PM

Very quick and easy service. Did it today and was in and out within ten minutes.

#64 CrimsonPaw   Professional Cheapass CAGiversary!   2104 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

CrimsonPaw

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:24 PM

Yeah, went to my Target at lunch and the Mobile person doesn't come in till 2. She is holding my GTA and Dragon Age for when I come back though.

#65 ya_boy_mario   mycologist. CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

ya_boy_mario

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

Why the Fuck do you type in third person??

ya boy mario wonders why you don't?

#66 slamduck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

Is holding onto the $30 off coupon until you can pm it for less gonna be a thing or does it also expire the end of this week?

#67 girlracer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:56 PM

never traded in at target but it was pretty easy. I traded in my gta 5 for ps3 that I found at the pawn shop for $8 so trading it in to get a ps4 version was a no brainer.

#68 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5681 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:59 PM

Used my $27.xx giftcard from trading the 360 version + GCU+ movers coupon at Best Buy only came $13.xx out of pocket for the X1 version

Add me dennisb407

#69 dboi22   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

preordered at BB online last night with gcu price going to trade in 360 version and a few more games just to test out the credit at BB , use it for xbox on black friday or maybe some of the full price games i was gunna grab

#70 Trojann   2nd Sucks CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:06 AM

So I have the limited edition for the 360 I went to best buy with the two discs and just a plain 360 case they did except it they want the fucking steelbook. Looks like I'm going to print out the art work see if they take it.

#71 m1b5p   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:33 AM

So I have the limited edition for the 360 I went to best buy with the two discs and just a plain 360 case they did except it they want the fucking steelbook. Looks like I'm going to print out the art work see if they take it.

Hey Trojann just shot you a PM. Im in the same boat as you and Target wouldnt give me the discount. Let me know how it goes, good luck!

#72 PrinnyJ   Stay@HomeDad Gamer CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:06 PM

For anyone that has done this, when does the coupon expire?

Edit: Also, does it restrict the version?  If I trade in a PS3 version, can I use the coupon for the XB1 version?  Or only PS4?

Edited by PrinnyJ, 19 November 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#73 onecoolmint   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

onecoolmint

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:43 AM

Interesting. I had the opposite problem.  I went in with my PS3 special edition version... steelbook, outer box, all maps and paperwork in immaculate shape.  And they told me they wouldn't accept the special edition, only the regular version (even though I think the actual game disc is identical).  Anyone else encounter this?

#74 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6541 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

The Target store down the street from my place still had the GTA V pre-order cards for sale on a peg above to the Xbox One copies of GTA V.  I almost bought one just to see if they would sell it to me.  

#75 LouieT  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:04 AM

Is holding onto the $30 off coupon until you can pm it for less gonna be a thing or does it also expire the end of this week?

For anyone that has done this, when does the coupon expire?

Edit: Also, does it restrict the version?  If I trade in a PS3 version, can I use the coupon for the XB1 version?  Or only PS4?

The coupon is valid until this Saturday.

If I remember right, coupon said "PS4 or Xbox One version". You won't be stuck with a PS4-only coupon if you trade in a PS3 version.

#76 PrinnyJ   Stay@HomeDad Gamer CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:33 PM

The coupon is valid until this Saturday.

If I remember right, coupon said "PS4 or Xbox One version". You won't be stuck with a PS4-only coupon if you trade in a PS3 version.

Ok thanks.  Sucks that it's only good for a few days, but I guess they think people would immediately go get the new gen version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GTAV, Grand Theft Auto V, GTA Trade program, Target Deal, GTA V PS4/One