Guardians of the Galaxy (SteelBook)(3D Blu-ray)(Blu-ray)(Digital Copy)(Only @ Best Buy) $34.99 *in stock again

Thanks for posting. This is so worth it. I didn't see the 3D verison on the big screen but will watch it with my 3D TV.

Much as I want to jump on this, it's under my Christmas Wish List on Amazon. I know for sure one of my family will be buying it for me. I also have both Captain Americas listed too...but considering the Steelbook and 100 bonus points, I am unsure.

Thanks, OP.  Great price for a new 3D Disney release, but the tax and shipping kills this one for me, even with the exclusive steelbook.  I guess I'm hoping for an Amazon price of $19.99...

...Though what do you guys think?  Will Amazon sell this during release week for $19.99, or $24.99?  I can't remember what they sold Winter Soldier for during release week.

Thanks, OP. Great price for a new 3D Disney release, but the tax and shipping kills this one for me, even with the exclusive steelbook. I guess I'm hoping for an Amazon price of $19.99...

...Though what do you guys think? Will Amazon sell this during release week for $19.99, or $24.99? I can't remember what they sold Winter Soldier for during release week.
I'm sure Amazon will match this price.

Thanks, OP. Great price for a new 3D Disney release, but the tax and shipping kills this one for me, even with the exclusive steelbook. I guess I'm hoping for an Amazon price of $19.99...

...Though what do you guys think? Will Amazon sell this during release week for $19.99, or $24.99? I can't remember what they sold Winter Soldier for during release week.
You can choose store pick-up if you don't have free shipping.

I'm sure they will to but with in-store pick up + steelbook.... This is the deal to get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has price matched their 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + Digital Copy edition if you're into that.

I already had this pre-ordered @ Amazon and was waiting to see what Best Buy or Target were going to do. I'm not a fan of Steelbooks but since this is the same price I still don't know which one to get.

Amazon has price matched their 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + Digital Copy edition if you're into that.

I already had this pre-ordered @ Amazon and was waiting to see what Best Buy or Target were going to do. I'm not a fan of Steelbooks but since this is the same price I still don't know which one to get.
Best Buy is offering 100 bonus points and a Steelbook casing. Basically, 100 points = 40% of the way toward earning a $5 RZ cert and 20% of the way toward earning a $10 RZ cert. One advantage to Best Buy is they do work to offer some new releases with pre-purchases tacked for 100 points to your Best Buy account as well as trying to sell them as cheaply as can be reasonable. So if you buy three new releases with the 100 points promo, you've earned a $5 cert to use after 15 days; buy 5, on the other hand, and you've got a $10 cert.

Some of the real big releases are getting it as of late. I myself am conflicted, but I have until the 8th to decide.

Thanks for the heads-up. I ended up ordering it from Amazon with Prime, so I'll get it on release day.

The Steelbook from BBY would've been nice, but the cost of tax plus shipping (the closest BBY is a 30 minute drive from my house) doesn't make it worth it to me, even with the 100 bonus points. And this way I can watch it on release day!

I already had this pre-ordered for in store pickup when it was 27.99. Does Best Buy automatically update to the new price of 19.99 or do I need to contact somebody? It's no longer available for pickup in my store otherwise I would just cancel and reorder.

I already had this pre-ordered for in store pickup when it was 27.99. Does Best Buy automatically update to the new price of 19.99 or do I need to contact somebody? It's no longer available for pickup in my store otherwise I would just cancel and reorder.
It should auto-adjust, though I would suggest calling Best Buy to have them make the change on their end.

I ordered three to get them shipped in a box. This was months ago. Then when in-store pickup popped up I ordered two more. Now that the price dropped, I was going to make another order and cancel the prior in order to not worry about the potential call for price adjustment. Of course, now it's limited to one per account.

Guess I'll have six coming. :/

I ordered three to get them shipped in a box. This was months ago. Then when in-store pickup popped up I ordered two more. Now that the price dropped, I was going to make another order and cancel the prior in order to not worry about the potential call for price adjustment. Of course, now it's limited to one per account.

Guess I'll have six coming. :/
One per order, not account. FYI.

Cool. Don't have 3d but this is a good deal. I lagged it, waiting for a $5 bestbuy reward certificate to come through so now I got to drive a little farther to another city to pick it up.

Thanks OP, great deal.  I planned on buying this day one in 3D regardless of the cost, so I was very happy to see such a great price.  The 100 point bonus offer comes up on the standard 3D version as well.  I went with the standard version, I don't have a steelbook collection so I prefer just having a copy with a normal case and the slipcover. 

Thanks OP, great deal. I planned on buying this day one in 3D regardless of the cost, so I was very happy to see such a great price. The 100 point bonus offer comes up on the standard 3D version as well. I went with the standard version, I don't have a steelbook collection so I prefer just having a copy with a normal case and the slipcover.
This is what I was on the fence about. I have the SE of Avengers myself. But I have Guardians and both Captain Americas on my Christmas Wish List on Amazon, so I am hoping that I get them...still, I am tempted to shell out for at least the SE of Guardians to get the 100 point bonus, but what has me concerned is Best Buy's return policy. What does it change to on "unopened" Blu's on the Holidays?

Wow looks like they're out of stock on the steelbooks. Best Buy Marvel steelbooks always sell out, didn't expect this quick though. Glad I pre-ordered already.
This is gonna play out like or worse than the Avengers Steelbooks, I bet...definitely worse than the Thor ones. I can imagine that one of the biggest movies of the year is gonna equal the resellers buying these in bulk and flipping them on eBay for hefty profits. At this point, I don't care whether or not I get the Steelbook. Long as I get the movie for a good price, that's enough for me. Cause this movie's worth the money in any case.

This is gonna play out like or worse than the Avengers Steelbooks, I bet...definitely worse than the Thor ones. I can imagine that one of the biggest movies of the year is gonna equal the resellers buying these in bulk and flipping them on eBay for hefty profits. At this point, I don't care whether or not I get the Steelbook. Long as I get the movie for a good price, that's enough for me. Cause this movie's worth the money in any case.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised about the resellers.

I sent my fiancé the link for this as she was planning on giving it to me as an early CHRISTMAS present...she said she ordered it so hopefully it comes okay.

I pretty much saw these disappear from store pickup in real time. I finally decided to place an order with padding for free shipping when I figured store pickup wouldn't come back but then that also disappeared right before my eyes. Oh well, I'll just hope that there'll be some copies in store in release day and I'll just grab it then. No 100 points bonus but at least I'll have the SB.

Weird that a pre-order of something can sell out. The whole point of pre-orders is to gauge interest and know how many need to be ordered/made.

Weird that a pre-order of something can sell out. The whole point of pre-orders is to gauge interest and know how many need to be ordered/made.
It's not that the items are sold out, it's the amount that Best Buy made available for pre-order online. You can still likely get one in-store on release date, though BB won't allocate their entire inventory for pre-orders.

$19.99 + 100 free RZ points was more than enough reason to pre-order. I'm just glad that BB seems to have fixed the issues they used to have when they wouldn't let you pre-order an item like this for in-store pickup. You used to have to do it the evening before after 12-1AM timeframe when the release date "arrived" or the morning of with a normal order for in-store pickup. As we've seen in the past (Thor 2), sometimes even being at the store on release morning won't guarantee you a pre-order.

I suspect they're already made at this point, and these pre-orders will have no bearing on the size of the print run.

I have one pre-ordered for shipping at the $27.99 price. Will it automatically get adjusted to the $19.99 price or do I have to call? As of now it's still $27.99 so I'm guessing I'll have to call. :p

I am curious... like the other poster said how he PO at 27.99 and now it's 19.99... what if release week it goes to 22.99 or 24.99... Do I get charged at that price or do I need to call and lock it at 19.99 now???

I preordered mine ship to store in store pickup at the beginning of the month when it was 29.99 luckily BB gives the ad price for these on pre orders

I am curious... like the other poster said how he PO at 27.99 and now it's 19.99... what if release week it goes to 22.99 or 24.99... Do I get charged at that price or do I need to call and lock it at 19.99 now???
No you get charged the ad price, the Winter Soldier one was like that a few months ago

bread's done
Back