* * * * - 16 votes

GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

GameStop trade trade-in TIV values promos credit

#31951 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5914 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:26 AM

Has anybody dealt with gamestop customer service? The guy who took my trades didn't give me my 50% bonus and I called the store to ask if they could fix it there which was a no go and told me to call CS. Is it even worth calling? Is there even a chance if I call that they can give me the 50% bonus?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

The bonus is automatic within the POS when done correctly and has nothing to go with the guy 'giving it to you'

#31952 bengi15  

Posted Today, 04:27 AM

Has anybody dealt with gamestop customer service? The guy who took my trades didn't give me my 50% bonus and I called the store to ask if they could fix it there which was a no go and told me to call CS. Is it even worth calling? Is there even a chance if I call that they can give me the 50% bonus?

what did you get? if you didn't preorder official Nintendo switch accessory or game. you won't get the boost. trade is done, you agreed on the trade, there is no taking back or boost. just take it as a lesson and read the screen next time.

#31953 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   3962 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:28 AM

You should always walk in having a good idea of how much you should be getting back. Did you not preorder a switch game or accessory? You needed to do that to get the bonus.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

871100.png

#31954 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted Today, 04:32 AM

Ik this is a really old post, but just catching up...I used a pur day 50% bump coupon from a friend's account on mine in January and I was fine yesterday.

Nice so basically you can buy b2g1 coupons for 15 bucks.

#31955 BrianJason  

BrianJason

Posted Today, 04:42 AM

Nice so basically you can buy b2g1 coupons for 15 bucks.

Sure but it's not always easy to get good value out of that b2g1 with GameStop's high prices.

#31956 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted Today, 04:51 AM

Sure but it's not always easy to get good value out of that b2g1 with GameStop's high prices.

Right now it's easy with so many boomerangs being close to even or profitable trades. Even without the 60% the 50% should make money. More than 2 free games and you're already up money.

#31957 BrianJason  

BrianJason

Posted Today, 04:55 AM

Right now it's easy with so many boomerangs being close to even or profitable trades. Even without the 60% the 50% should make money. More than 2 free games and you're already up money.

Right, but the bumped values will go back to normal before you get the coupon

#31958 NoOtherOptions   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

NoOtherOptions

Posted Today, 05:01 AM

Right, but the bumped values will go back to normal before you get the coupon

Coupon takes 48 hours, the promo is staying till the 19th just with a 10% drop. It'll be fine. Unless every single trade value tanks, which won't happen.

#31959 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1124 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:02 AM

Just realized i gotta chill before i hit the 2000 mark.

Paid off switch, each launch game, two joy con and a pro controller, the ac adaptor, horizon, mvc3, and still sitting on 200 in credit.

That hunded g in points is what kept me going though.

#31960 Kyle1022  

Posted Today, 05:14 AM

Coupon takes 48 hours, the promo is staying till the 19th just with a 10% drop. It'll be fine. Unless every single trade value tanks, which won't happen.

It will... stealth bumps end after Mondays

#31961 saathe   Seasoned Cag (Curry) CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:31 AM

B2G1 only works in store right? you must be pretty lucky to have 3 decent smart phones in one store
actually they used to sell ipads and ipods in stores but i dont think i have seen any of them in a long time.

Yeah the coupon is in store only. We have a few gamestops within a short drive, and between the 5 stores there are usually 3 phones. My local store's manager is nice enough to have stuff sent from other stores as long as there aren't any in the immediate area. He last time I bulk moved credit was during the B2G1 during the holidays and just ordered online.

#31962 saberdragon  

saberdragon

Posted Today, 06:20 AM

Are there any good flips that will last for this week?

Persona1379.png

saberdragon.png

#31963 unforeseen   Crime Scene Investigator CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:31 AM

No.

#31964 dorkyden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:34 AM

it depends on your definition of "flip" 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

Don't forget to use ebates when you shop at Best Buy, ebay, Dell, newegg, etc!

#31965 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   901 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:42 AM

it depends on your definition of "flip"

When you tell the gamestop employee your favorite movie is la la land but it's actually moonlight type of flip

#31966 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49040 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:29 AM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ou're a dumbass

#31967 JDKingdomHeartsFAN4LIFE  

JDKingdomHeartsFAN4LIFE

Posted Today, 07:43 AM

Is there a trade in limit? because I want to trade games in today towards Lego city for the switch. Also am I allowed to cancel the travel case and the joy con charging grip. My Girlfriend and I realize how pointless the charging grip is.

#31968 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   6389 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted Today, 07:50 AM

Is there a trade in limit? because I want to trade games in today towards Lego city for the switch. Also am I allowed to cancel the travel case and the joy con charging grip. My Girlfriend and I realize how pointless the charging grip is.

Yes (~$2000/month)

Yes

Anak+Chuckatoa.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

GameStop TIV comparison spreadsheet --> https://docs.google....zkYs/edit#gid=0

#31969 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   461 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted Today, 07:55 AM

Excellent.

Out of curiosity, do those of you in this thread have another way of converting your hundreds of dollars in credits to cash, or do you just eventually end up spending it on games to play?

buy boomerangable stuff from electronics category during b2g1 preowned & trade them back in & opt for cash. Electronic trade in values are the same regardless if u credit & cash, just credit bonuses don't apply to cash

That sale is loonngggg over with. There was stuff like PS4 Sleeping Dogs and Terraria that I essentially paid $7 for and traded in for $19.20 

Wish I had held onto some of those games instead of trading in everything that time. Would've gotten more $ if we waited =/

Ok. I know I know, this may be a rookie question, but I think im going to try my first game stop to game stop flip today. Go to one gamestop, use my gift card to buy a bunch of games, then go the the other game stop a few minutes away and sell them there. Any red flags that may come up I should look out for?

No unless you get a jr detective. As long as they don't look at your trade history you're golden. Make sure to desticker all boxes though in case that's not obvious.

Also scout out the store before going in, jk XD as long as none of the employees from the 1st store decide to go visit the 2nd store to drop off store stuff or whatever, since they are minutes a way from each other rofl...

Make my own cod ps3 combo UPC code . It did the trick. My store seem really caution on these combo disc trade.manager who stand next to my associate double check that my game are unsealed. Won't accept screenshop $5 bonus and yesterday said that they have a box of these bonus card in the back.

lol @ box of those bonus cards, wasn't Sunday the last day? Maybe they'll extend it again since some stores still have so many cards left O.O

Funny when the GS employee mentions CAG to check out deals from other stores though LOL

#31970 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   6389 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted Today, 08:05 AM

lol @ box of those bonus cards, wasn't Sunday the last day? Maybe they'll extend it again since some stores still have so many cards left O.O

They are good through 2/28.

Anak+Chuckatoa.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

GameStop TIV comparison spreadsheet --> https://docs.google....zkYs/edit#gid=0

#31971 ZeroGame  

Posted Today, 11:56 AM

Oh noes!!! My points haven't updated yet from my trades yesterday. It's only 5am where are they??! Am I bannndzzzd?!!

#31972 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:07 PM

Oh noes!!! My points haven't updated yet from my trades yesterday. It's only 5am where are they??! Am I bannndzzzd?!!

There are always points in the banned-nana stand.

#31973 irishsoccermbw   User was banned for this post CAGiversary!   6316 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted Today, 12:20 PM

My points from yesterday have been credited.  You are banned.

#31974 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted Today, 01:03 PM

Yes.