* * * * - 26 votes

GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

GameStop trade trade-in TIV values promos credit

#35401 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:37 PM

I went to another store and I was able to use the $5 card on two games that were both under $5 base credit. I didn't even have to be sneaky and get the guy to scan the coupon on my phone. He scanned one for me and even let me use it more than once and he let me keep it. I'll make this store the one I need to go to trade stuff in and I'll be looking out for this particular employee. I don't think the manager would have done it but I'm not sure yet. I wish I could give him positive feedback but I don't know how.

Persona1379.png

icemagician.png

#35402 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   12610 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

Been so for 9 years. Ima try another store. Is there a details page i can print out to show them? I had it reserved at one store and tried a second store, sent both of them to GSO and was still denied.

Im driving and sitting at a light so i cant responsibly look for it right now

You should have gotten an email at the email you signed up for PUR at earlier this week entitled "Time to do battle! Deformers rolls in 4/20"

I got it on the 17th.  It says your preorder will be available on 4/20, and tells about the discount.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

#35403 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   9888 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

Has anyone used the Deformers 50% off with the standard version of the game?  If so, did the discount come off automatically when your Pro card was scanned or did it require a coupon?  I'm sure I'm going to get some resistance with getting my CE preorder at 50% off so I am curious to see how it works with the standard edition and I can use that towards my argument.

#35404 gamerdad101  

gamerdad101

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:47 AM

Has anyone used the Deformers 50% off with the standard version of the game?  If so, did the discount come off automatically when your Pro card was scanned or did it require a coupon?  I'm sure I'm going to get some resistance with getting my CE preorder at 50% off so I am curious to see how it works with the standard edition and I can use that towards my argument.

I went and picked up my collectors edition I didn't even have to mention the 50% they just did an override with no issues. 

#35405 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1314 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:38 AM

I showed them the email and all, still no. Oh well

#35406 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1462 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:50 AM

I wish I could give him positive feedback but I don't know how.

Fill out his survey on the receipt even if you cant be entered into the drawing for the month

They get rewards and bonuses based on those.

pk.jpg

Friend Code: 2595.1798.1465

Tradelist 3DS/PS4 Games FirewatchPokemon

#35407 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2785 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:26 AM

So if the workers looked at the promotion correctly under Power Up Reward Pro then there should have been a memo that they need to manually adjust it the discount. 

If not just wait until Friday because it's been theorized that the promo code isn't working because the game officially doesn't release until Friday. 

Weirdly most of my gamestop employee's were under the impression the game released on Tuesday 

:3ds: : ---        :psp: : ---

:br: /   :dvd:  : ---

:pc: : 7 Days to Die

:xb1: : 

:ps4: : 

#35408 icyjones   I Think I Have A Problem. CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:32 AM

I bought one of those action replay powersaves for Amiibo when they were on clearance. I thought you could overwrite Amiibo with another amiibo's data, so I bought some AC ones since they are so cheap. Turns out I was wrong, so know I have 4 AC amiibos for no reason. Haha.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#35409 blackbeard4886   On a highway to Hell CAGiversary!   2503 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:39 AM

I bought one of those action replay powersaves for Amiibo when they were on clearance. I thought you could overwrite Amiibo with another amiibo's data, so I bought some AC ones since they are so cheap. Turns out I was wrong, so know I have 4 AC amiibos for no reason. Haha.

mqdefault.jpg

Gamestop/Best Buy/Redbox/GameFly Flip & Boomerang Spreadsheet

animated-arrow-image-0039.gifFlip & Boomerang Spreadsheet Link animated-arrow-image-0040.gif

Ghetto Gamestop Brickseek Spreadsheet

#35410 dkstariob   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

dkstariob

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:47 AM

I'm just going to buy the NFC tags for Zelda on ebay to use for BOTW instead of trying to hunt amiibo down or pay scalper prices.   And before anyone says anything, I don't have an Android phone.  Probably going to buy the set that has the tags come in card format with nice pictures on the front.   

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

Lionel Hutz: Well, he's kind of had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

#35411 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:07 AM

Found a bunch of MGSV and Until Dawn Rush of Blood at Target. Looking forward to the bump next weekend.

#35412 wakkawakka   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

wakkawakka

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:42 AM

I showed them the email and all, still no. Oh well

That sucks dude. You should've been able to get it. Try calling back tomorrow and ask em if they know about the 50% off.

#35413 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:55 AM

Found a bunch of MGSV and Until Dawn Rush of Blood at Target. Looking forward to the bump next weekend.

If they didn't have a bump last month, they might not have one. 

Persona1379.png

icemagician.png

#35414 blackbeard4886   On a highway to Hell CAGiversary!   2503 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:15 AM

https://docs.google....t#gid=874849279

animated-arrow-image-0039.gifFlip & Boomerang Spreadsheet Link animated-arrow-image-0040.gif

#35415 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:18 AM

Good point.

#35416 icemagician  

icemagician

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:32 AM

Good point.

It depends of which versions you got. The PS4 and Xbone versions had a stealth bump.

Persona1379.png

icemagician.png

#35417 mchittumjr  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

Picked up Mario Kart Double Dash :gc: and Pikmin :gc:  for $30.43 after tax from the retro sale. Good deal retro shops around here want $35+ for Mario Kart. Had bad luck from GC games from Gamestop so far, hopefully that changes. 

#35418 Kyle1022  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

They'll almost be guaranteed to be disc only which would substantially lower the trade value at a mom and pop shop

#35419 Keen314   CAGsiversary! CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

They'll almost be guaranteed to be disc only which would substantially lower the trade value at a mom and pop shop

I'm pretty sure they're building a collection, not flipping.

#35420 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

What are they, stupid??!!!! The only reason to collect these things is to flip them!!!!!!

A friend of mine just got into collecting original xbox games. Against my counsel he ordered 3 copies each of a dozen different games he wanted, hoping that at least one would be complete and he'd return the rest. I have to assume GS wouldn't be too thrilled about (best case scenario) continually getting 24 games returned to them that they handled and shipped for free. 

I'll have an E please, Bob.

#35421 mackie619   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

mackie619

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:06 PM

What are they, stupid??!!!! The only reason to collect these things is to flip them!!!!!!

A friend of mine just got into collecting original xbox games. Against my counsel he ordered 3 copies each of a dozen different games he wanted, hoping that at least one would be complete and he'd return the rest. I have to assume GS wouldn't be too thrilled about (best case scenario) continually getting 24 games returned to them that they handled and shipped for free.

Lol. I did that before on a B2G1. I ordered multiple copies of SW:force unleashed ultimate sith hoping for at least 1 complete copy. Sad to say, but disc only. I got weird looks when I returned them and a mini lecture about how " you play the game, not the cases". Yeah, well, I like to see cases on my shelf thank you.

#35422 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   985 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

"You charge the same for a loose copy that a complete copy sells for so why would I accept less of something for the same price?" should shut them up. Want me to not complain about lack of case? Charge me less than you would if it had one. 

I'll have an E please, Bob.

#35423 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10003 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

My Target also has Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 for $8.98 for PS4. YMMV but it trades in for $11 + 50%

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#35424 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4439 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

It depends of which versions you got. The PS4 and Xbone versions had a stealth bump.

Even without the stealth bump, a $6 copy would still be profitable if used towards that 50% promo
"...don't be sensitive and angry at the sh!t that I wrote
Cause if you can take a Fuck n d!ck, you can take a joke" -IT

lol

#35425 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

24 games returned in a month is a almost a guaranteed banning.

#35426 Kyle1022  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

Oh I misread that. But even still, disc-only games in a collection? Eww

#35427 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

The buy 2 get one free ds is over too.

Awww thought it wouldn't end til 04/23

#35428 blackbeard4886   On a highway to Hell CAGiversary!   2503 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

Between yesterday and so far today Deformers has sold an estimated 1,100-1,200 non-pre-ordered physical copies in store across all platforms ( :ps4: :xb1: :pc:) this includes both Standard and the CE. Surprisingly enough the :ps4: Standard has sold the most so far ( Around 700 copies)

#35429 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   12610 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

Between yesterday and so far today Deformers has sold an estimated 1,100-1,200 physical copies in store across all platforms ( :ps4: :xb1: :pc:) this includes both Standard and the CE. Surprisingly enough the :ps4: Standard has sold the most so far ( Around 700 copies)

Does that include preorders though? I believe they aren't reflected in inventory at first.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

#35430 blackbeard4886   On a highway to Hell CAGiversary!   2503 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

blackbeard4886

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

Does that include preorders though? I believe they aren't reflected in inventory at first.

Yes sorry that is correct, it does not include pre-orders just walk ins. I think in 2-5 days I will start seeing all non picked up pre-orders.

I am assuming :xb1: is going to have the worst player count of all platforms since there were no free Xbox codes and its physical copies don't seem to be taking off very well yet either.