* * * * - 27 votes

GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

GameStop trade trade-in TIV values promos credit

#5131 theking20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4670 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:55 AM

welp thats it for me, $800 in amazon gift cards purchased today

might get $200 more for my launch PS4 tomorrow if im not lazy, anyone know if i can just use my current PS4 hardrive in a new PS4 (by swapping, this one being a metal gear solid V PS4) , reason is i have P.T and i know if i upgrade to a new hard drive i would lose PT forever D:

#5132 WelfareBurger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

WelfareBurger

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:12 AM

welp thats it for me, $800 in amazon gift cards purchased today

might get $200 more for my launch PS4 tomorrow if im not lazy, anyone know if i can just use my current PS4 hardrive in a new PS4 (by swapping, this one being a metal gear solid V PS4) , reason is i have P.T and i know if i upgrade to a new hard drive i would lose PT forever D:

Direct swapping hard drives will make you lose everything, as it will need to format. If you use the backup procedure to an external hard drive, you can restore everything on the new hardrive, including PT. Backing up PT on an external hard drive will mean that you will never lose it :)

#5133 BrianJason  

BrianJason

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:20 AM

If you keep using someone else's b2g1 then you done goofed?

If your account seems intact online you're probably fine but I would stop sharing coupons going forward.

around the time of flippapalooza I used probably 3 other people's b2g1 coupons under my PUR.  Haven't had an issue with it.  I think they tightened the screws on the "sharing not allowed" policy right after that.

*disclaimer being, I'm currently under a "trade in limit reached" ban, but otherwise my account is fine.  Now, if a friend/relative share their birthday coupon with me, I use their account when checking out.

#5134 ritchardf  

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:27 AM

If you have any PS4 or X1 games you want to get rid of, you can trade them towards Halo 5 and get an extra $10 for each game. You can just cancel the pre-order and use the credit to pick up Blops 3.

Edit: Forgot to mention this doesn't start until Monday. 

I was about to jump on this deal until I did some research. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

The $10 trade-in credit is added to the trade-in value of the PS4 or Xbox One game. This offer only extends to one game and one that has a trade value of over $3.

Source:
http://www.dualshock...-xbox-one-game/

someone can correct me if im wrong, but i also believe this is with purchase, not pre order, so you cant just cancel it, you would have to return it. so extra $10 on ONE game with PURCHASE of halo. gamestop getting smarter.

#5135 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10032 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:27 AM

Direct swapping hard drives will make you lose everything, as it will need to format. If you use the backup procedure to an external hard drive, you can restore everything on the new hardrive, including PT. Backing up PT on an external hard drive will mean that you will never lose it :)

While I can't speak to hard drive swapping since I have no knowledge on it, just to add, I know that the PT access is licensed based to the same PSN account that originally downloaded it.  I tried accessing it on a second master PS4 account and i could never retrieve the demo on the second PS4.  The only closest workaround I could find was to create another user on the same PS4 that had my PT PSN account marked as the primary (somewhat similar to how gamesharing is done except it had to stay on the same PS4).  Once I deactivated my PS4, I lost access to PT forever.  

#5136 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14163 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:28 AM

I am really surprised that they have ever allowed trade credit for gift cards. The gas gift cards are basically cash (easy to resell at good margins) and it seems to me that it would encourage stolen merchandise to be brought in or expose them to some risk of being partner to some money laundering schemes.

Stores would try to convince people to get the gas cards instead of trading for cash because it would curve how much cash a store would give out (so the store's deposit wouldn't be negative and they would then start turning cash trade customers away) also GS's numbers are based on how much in trade a store did so getting 20% extra on a few more trades than before helps.

Since some regions wouldn't have Shell stations, etc. that's why they expanded to all the other brands. Also trying to appeal more to kids and parents.

#5137 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14163 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:30 AM

While I can't speak to hard drive swapping since I have no knowledge on it, just to add, I know that the PT access is licensed based to the same PSN account that originally downloaded it.  I tried accessing it on a second master PS4 account and i could never retrieve the demo on the second PS4.  The only closest workaround I could find was to create another user on the same PS4 that had my PT PSN account marked as the primary (somewhat similar to how gamesharing is done except it had to stay on the same PS4).  Once I deactivated my PS4, I lost access to PT forever.  

What Welfare said is correct. I did this myself when I swapped to a 2TB HDD last month and I still have PT.

Beware though it takes 5-6 hours to backup a nearly full stock PS4 HDD to an external then another 3-4 for the restore process so it will take most of a day to complete.

#5138 illidin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:54 AM

someone can correct me if im wrong, but i also believe this is with purchase, not pre order, so you cant just cancel it, you would have to return it. so extra $10 on ONE game with PURCHASE of halo. gamestop getting smarter.

There seems to be at least some hope for this though as the current flyer on their website dropped the one game wording about a week ago. Will be trying 3 games on Monday will hopefully work out. Destiny had the same purchase requrement as well so they have certainly caught on to the pre order game. However for a company who so greatly emphasis pre orders these new policies will likely lose them quite a few numbers. Employees will def suffer a bit.

#5139 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1207 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:26 PM

Anyone know what God of War remastered is trading in for? I just got it from them for $20 new on their promo but I might just beat it quick and trade it if it's a fair amount.

#5140 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36687 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

Anyone know what God of War remastered is trading in for? I just got it from them for $20 new on their promo but I might just beat it quick and trade it if it's a fair amount.

$13 base according to the mobile app. There's always the chance it could go up a bit once the game's price reverts to $40, but if so, it won't rise by much.

#5141 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

$13 base according to the mobile app. There's always the chance it could go up a bit once the game's price reverts to $40, but if so, it won't rise by much.

Do you know when is it going back up to $40?

Also the ps4 controller charger dock trades in for $8.80...will GS accept any charger that chargers DS4s?

#5142 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13550 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

Is the GS.com store inventory checker FUBAR for anyone else right now?

It's showing my home store, then the next store is 80 miles away, then it slowly gets back to the stores near me.

#5143 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   6018 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:53 PM

It's showing my home store, then the next store is 80 miles away, then it slowly gets back to the stores near me.

It did that a couple of weeks ago on the site and the app.

#5144 azngtlman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:11 PM

Quick question about the extra $10 towards the purchase of Halo 5. Can you trade in multiple games and get an extra $10 for every game you trade in?

I've done this for different games in the past, but have they changed the policy recently?

#5145 illidin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:16 PM

Quick question about the extra $10 towards the purchase of Halo 5. Can you trade in multiple games and get an extra $10 for every game you trade in?

I've done this for different games in the past, but have they changed the policy recently?

The old AD with the 10/26 Start date states 1 game. The new ad with the 10/19 Start date which is currently on the website doesn't say anything about a limit. So it will be a luck of the draw on how the system runs it and if you can argue the ad with an employee to manually change it if it doesn't work automatically.

#5146 azngtlman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

The old AD with the 10/26 Start date states 1 game. The new ad with the 10/19 Start date which is currently on the website doesn't say anything about a limit. So it will be a luck of the draw on how the system runs it and if you can argue the ad with an employee to manually change it if it doesn't work automatically.

Thanks, seemed too good to be true. Thanks for the quick response.

#5147 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13550 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:23 PM

In store signage says "one $10 bonus per purchase"

#5148 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:23 PM

If it does work with multiple games, I'll be picking up Halo tomorrow since I have some $3-7 games lying around and an extra $10 ea would be killer.  If not, Halo 5 is just gonna have to wait.

EDIT:

In store signage says "one $10 bonus per purchase"

Fuck.

#5149 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36687 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:27 PM

As Z-Saber pointed out, this has happened before. I'm not sure why they haven't fixed it yet.

#5150 Syncsy   Syncsy CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:39 PM

Just one game apparently. Just called GS recently.

Does anyone know if the controller promo ended already?

#5151 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

Ended yesterday.

#5152 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

Haha

Edit: Does someone know if Sunday mass is over yet?

#5153 Hoping   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

Anyone successfully trade in anything after being hit with the "trade-in limit exceeded" message a few months back?

#5154 Jay   Free and Fearless CAGiversary!   1617 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:00 AM

Quick question if i go to gamestop before they close and preorder halo 5 would i get the 10 dollar extra promo andi just not pick it up and use the credit for blops 3?

#5155 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:02 AM

Quick question if i go to gamestop before they close and preorder halo 5 would i get the 10 dollar extra promo and go i just not pick it up and use the credit for blops 3?

Put $5 down and when you pick it up trade a game in for the $10 bonus.

#5156 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:08 AM

Quick question if i go to gamestop before they close and preorder halo 5 would i get the 10 dollar extra promo andi just not pick it up and use the credit for blops 3?

It doesn't mention anything about preordering to get the extra 10$ trade in for Halo 5 , it only states towards the purchase of Halo 5 .

#5157 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:24 AM

There is a 4 for 10 going. I can get the list up later

#5158 sgaldis   1d64F CAGiversary!   2436 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:29 AM

Nice, and thanks in advance. There were actually a few titles on the last 4 for 20, so hopefully this will have some more of the same.

#5159 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10674 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:31 AM

There is a 4 for 10 going. I can get the list up later

Nice

#5160 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:34 AM

Also save 30% when you buy 3 or more interactive figures.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GameStop, trade, trade-in, TIV, values, promos, credit