CAGcast #388: Sayonara, Toilet!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Cheapy signs off from Tokyo as the gang discusses a plethora of big releases, including Dragon Age: Inquisition, Grand Theft Auto V, and of course, the Jackbox Party Pack.

Download (1 hour 26 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS
listen on audioBoom
Thanks to our sponsor, Target Acquired!

Target Acquired is a side-scrolling endless runner game with a run-and-gun twist. Think Capcom’s classic Mega Man mixed with Temple Run. In fact it’s a bit of a tribute to Mega Man (the musical score was even composed by Manami Matsumae, the legend who composed the Mega Man music), but with it’s own unique style.

Comment in the kickstarter comment section (after pledging) writing "Manami rocks!" to receive $50 off the (signed or unsigned) 3D Pop Up CD tier. Someone will confirm with you via PM that you heard of this offer from the CAGcast and you will receive the discount.

Listen to the full track of the Target Acquired Main Theme in the Bonus section of this week's episode in the free CAGcast app for Android!

iOS, Windows Phone and Amazon coming soon.

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro (John Parr vs. Tommyknockers - New Horizon) - Outro (Target Acquired Main Theme)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when download content first came to consoles and it seemed like some were predicting we'd see exactly what is happening: broken games rushed to market with the "we'll just patch it later" mindset. Like a comment I made a few weeks back, the only thing I think is going to change this is for consumers to hit the publishers in the pocketbook. With all the emphasis on those first week sales (the blockbuster mentality,) if a sizable number of people sit back and wait for the full, working version of the game, they're going to have to notice. Or not. Maybe too late already. But that's yet another reason I'm not a Day One purchaser.

Also, I'd love to be jacked...I mean the Jackpack.

I definitely have the same sentiment regarding the Vita and 3DS when it comes to updating those systems. Most of the puzzles released on the 3DS via spotpass aren't downloaded to my system for some reason. It's like you have to use your handheld everyday to keep it fully up to date otherwise it becomes a massive chore.

Great show as always and I felt like Shipwreck really delivered some hilarious comments where he might normally stay quiet and let Cheapy and Wombat talk.

Also, I don't care if I need I get Jacked by Wombat or Jack Wombat myself but I really want that Jack Pack for the Xbox One.

Good luck with the hellacious move, Cheapy.  When you get settled you are gonna LOVE Far Cry 4.  Cleaner interface, verticality, and eagles.  Damn those eagles

Looking forward to seeing whatever changes a stateside Cheapy will bring to CAG. Even if that just means he sounds tired all the time. Because I can relate to that.

On the verge of getting an Xbox One, so I'd love to get a copy of Jack off Wombat. (Letter of the law...right?)

Great episode. Shipwreck seemed to be more assertive and it made for a good episode. I want to get jacked off by Wombat. Good luck on the move Cheapy.

The current metacritic scores for Escape Dead Island (at least the Xbox 360 scores) are baffling.  Polygon gave it a 2, while EGM gave it a 7.5.  I enjoy the series, so I'd love for one of you three to at least try it and tell us what you think.

I'd settle for being jacked off by Wombat, though.

I'd love to be jacked off by Wombat!

...I'd like to enter the contest, too. Good luck with the move, Cheapy! Great show.

Since Cheapy is doing most of the work for Wombat's News and Stuff, bring back the CAGs on News theme and call the segment that again.

Stirring up controversy...

Shaq-fuing the industry

Am I the only one who has nostalgia for that tune?

Sitting on the bus laughing because all I can think of jacking off Wombat.

I bought the Halo MCC and tried playing it, and since its still broken, I've lost almost all interest in it. Releasing broken games is unacceptable these days.

And good luck with the move Cheapy!

Really enjoyed the show this week. Hope the move goes well Cheapy!
I would not like to be jacked off by Wombat but I would enjoy The Jackbox Party Pack!

8632614_7.jpg

Had to listen a dozen times to Wombat explaining the sponsor deal to understand what the hell he was talking about... stretch goals, Konami rocks, something about Mega Man.

Good luck with the move Cheapy!  I'm looking forward to hearing about your NYC adventures again since it's been a few years since I worked there.  Too bad there's no Blockbusters for you to hide prizes in anymore :)

I wasn't going to download the app, but you sold me with the bonus content.  

Where was the black Friday deal talk?  It seems you did it all for 8-4 play and saved none for the CAGcast.

Cinemaware Anthology holy sh*****t!

I had no idea this was coming out. I played these games like crazy on my Amiga 500 back in 1990-91. Those were the days. I loved TV Sports Football so much that I got the Turbografx version too. It's not particularly a good game but was still a classic because of Cinemaware's TV style presentation. TV Sports Basketball is another classic. My friend and I used to play it for hours on end.

It was good to hear Cheapy somewhat enthusiastic about it too. Gamers that are 30+ enjoyed a great era in gaming... early PC... Commodore, and of course those 8-bit classics.

Favorite quote of the week:

"You don't see a mouth with a wang in it....You don't even see boobs!" -- Wombat

Curious to see if my kids would be into any of the Jack Pack games...hope I'm lucky enough to find out for free. Thanks guys! (Welcome back to the East Coast, Cheapy---best of luck moving.)

By the way, do any of you remember the Buck Rogers episode with the vampire alien dude who turned into a ball of light and could travel through walls? I remember being a kid in elementary school, taking a shower, embarrassed that I was slightly worried about the possibility of a ball of light coming through the shower curtain to vampire me to death.

Glad to hear Wombat's not letting his celebrity go to waste.

CheapyD, I hope you get your office set up right, because you probably don't want to go buy somekind of soundproof tent to drape around your computer.

Disney Anywhere tip, even better, sync it with your Google Play account and you can see your movies via YouTube. Yes, I've tried it on Xbox and it works.

I wanna get jacked off by wombat on my new Xbox one I bought yesterday!!

I'm trying to get caught up on arrow so I can start on season 3 before Hulu starts dropping the episodes.

It seems like they have to call pre release tests alphas now because games are still in beta on launch day. It's just a $60 beta.

What's up with Shipwreck always calling Saul? There must be more folks of the Jewish persuasion in his neighborhood than he's led us to believe.

Much respect to Nintendo for not releasing buggy messes and always getting me a good, working game on day one whether digital or physical. Aside from Smash on the 3DS, for which balance updates were damn near demanded, I can probably count the patches I've downloaded for Nintendo games on one hand.

CAGcast app is great. Just wish there was a mobile version of the fourm included in the app. I am sure that is much easier said than done but it would be awsome!

Also I want to be in a circle JACK with Wombat and the rest of the CAGcast crew!

Hope you have a safe and easy move back to the states, cheapy.

That jackbox pack seems like a great deal, I'm holding out for the steam release though.

Good points on the "warranty" issue for new releases. My question would be how far would you go to determine if a game is fundamentally broken? For example, if Mass Effect 3's multiplayer was botched on release, I could have cared less. However, if a game had it's save-game feature broken (as discussed), I could definitely see the argument. 

Anyways good discussion and I agree with Ship it ain't gonna happen.

NEW YORK HERE WE COME CHEAPY!!!

kickstarted retro as that sounded interesting, but a mobile game is out of the my wheel house.

Embargoes I don't mind, as long as the embargo is lifted at least 36 hours before the game comes out (so if it's out Tuesday, noonish on Sunday). If the video game publisher can't get the game in their hand early enough to have a review ready a day and a half before release then I am going suspect it has problems.

I would like the jack pack.

Good luck on the move Cheapy! I want Wombat to have a weekly Agents of Shield segment on the show. Make it happen!

I truly look forward to being jacked off by Wombat as well.

Good show this week guys! 

Hope the move goes smoothly for you Cheapy. Also, I'd totally jack off Wombat in a totally heterosexual sort of fashion.

In a serious note, are the jack off collecion keys for xboner or ps4? I only jack on my ps4 here...

I need the Cagcast App for Windows Phone... picking up the Nokia 635 (AT&T) for $39.99 during Black Friday. I have the 520 right now and it's great. Windows Phone 8.1 Elite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q84HUwBJPxk

I don't want to be jacked off by Wombat, but I would like the Jacked game!

That Cinemeware collection came out of the blue. I remember playing Defender of the Crown on my C-64. I have a feeling those games might not hold up well after thirty years though.

Shipwreck, you're gonna have a fun-ass time whenever you get around to picking up a Virtual Boy and playing Virtual Boy Wario Land.  Having played it recently, I can say it still holds up and is my personal favorite of the series.  But did... did you really pick it up at Half-Price Books?  Is there a secret knock I need to know to make the site's game section something besides an unnavigable wasteland that spits me back out into book listings?

Shipwreck, you're gonna have a fun-ass time whenever you get around to picking up a Virtual Boy and playing Virtual Boy Wario Land. Having played it recently, I can say it still holds up and is my personal favorite of the series. But did... did you really pick it up at Half-Price Books? Is there a secret knock I need to know to make the site's game section something besides an unnavigable wasteland that spits me back out into book listings?
Teleroboxer (robot punch-out) is also really good, that's probably my favorite of the Virtual Boy games,

Haven't listened to the show but did Wombat steal a car? All the talk about jacking takes me back to those 90's hood movies.

On another gaming website a couple guys were talking about playing gta5 in first person mode made them uncomfortable. The fact that shooting average Joe coffee in that perspective changed the game to them. I personally don't have a problem playing this way. Then again I like playing the storyline and don't make a habit of going on average Joe killing sprees. Unless they are hipsters. I hate hipsters. Just wondering if this changed the game for you?

Yes guys... KMart does indeed still exist! At least in Northeast Ohio anyhow. A shame they've fallen so far, they used to be so awesome for game deals. Didn't they at one point have like an ambassador to CAG?

I too want a Wombat Jack Off! I've always loved Jellyvision. They had a web only social game way back when called Acrophobia that was fantastic and that I miss. Sounds like some of these other games have a shot at capturing some of that nostalgia magic.

bread's done
Back