- - - - -

How can I make a thread permanently wiki enabled?

wiki topic thread deals

#1 SirConnery  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:04 AM

I manage the iOS Deals thread and I'm having problems with the Wiki featuring disabling itself. Is there any way to make this permanent? Currently it will stay Wiki enabled after I set it as such, but at some point it looses it. I try to keep my eyes open and if I see it drop, I re-enable it. Otherwise someone wants to post and they can't, they message me, and I re-enable. I'll keep doing that if I need to, but would love to find a way for it to stop dropping Wiki. Any suggestions I can try?

#2 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10515 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

I manage the iOS Deals thread and I'm having problems with the Wiki featuring disabling itself. Is there any way to make this permanent? Currently it will stay Wiki enabled after I set it as such, but at some point it looses it. I try to keep my eyes open and if I see it drop, I re-enable it. Otherwise someone wants to post and they can't, they message me, and I re-enable. I'll keep doing that if I need to, but would love to find a way for it to stop dropping Wiki. Any suggestions I can try?

For whatever reason, threads occasionally kick their wiki status flag. I have three threads that were all started as wikis and they all do it, though it happens primarily after the thread is edited.

#3 htz  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:30 PM

I just had this issue with the Best Buy early access event thread. I will try and contact John to see if he can fix this.

#4 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30683 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:58 AM

Been an issue since the start of CAG 3.0.  The XBL thread was wikified in 2.0 but we couldn't get the wiki to stick once CAG moved over to 3.0.