* * - - - 6 votes

Walmart Pre-Black Friday Ad 11/21 - 11/27 (LIVE NOW @ Walmart.com, 8AM Friday 11/21 for in-store.)

#181 XSpark210X   Yeah... CAGiversary!   640 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:00 PM

Anybody tried price matching Skylanders Trap Team at Target? I have no Walmart or Best Buy in my town. My only worry is that the discount is so big, that they will reject it. So, I was curious if anybody had been successful.

the only problem you might run into is if they only match it if its in stock online

#182 Why_So_Serious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Why_So_Serious

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

Any chance Amazon will match this? I'd love to get The Evil Within.

#183 OL DIRTY   Oooh Baby, I Like It Raw. CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

OL DIRTY

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:39 PM

Got lucky this morning when I went in for NBA 2K15 and FIFA 15.  There were people waiting in line for the TV's and managed to get 12th in line.  Fortunately my WM had 13 TV's for sale.  At $115, too hard to pass up.

#184 ronton   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

Do you guys know if we can price match BestBuy's blackfriday ad? (want diablo 3) 

#185 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2296 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:45 PM

Walked in at 7:30 and bought Wii Skylanders Trap Team, Sorry board game ($4.88), 2 copies of How to Train Your Dragon 2 Blu-Ray ($9.96 ea.), and the Avengers Blu-Ray ($9.96). I was in and out in 10 minutes. =)

Crap, I went in for Trap Team (got the last one for ANY system, fortunately they had the the XBox One I was looking for) and didn't even check the How to Train your Dragon 2.  Now I gotta go back later.  Hope they still have some.

#186 GoAztecs   Aztec Fire CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

GoAztecs

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

No line at my local Walmart but the TVs went quick, so congrats to you folks who got one. I picked up FIFA and Watchdogs on the PS4

#187 spedmunki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

spedmunki

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

Do you guys know if we can price match BestBuy's blackfriday ad? (want diablo 3) 

No, you can't. Why do people keep asking this. Walmart (and any store for that matter) matches CURRENT PRICES

#188 ronton   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM

No, you can't. Why do people keep asking this. Walmart (and any store for that matter) matches CURRENT PRICES

Dude calm your tits...the ad says "will match the price of any local competitor's printed ad" it's kinda ambiguous so I just wanted to make sure what it actually meant. But thanks anyways

#189 lifesun2001   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

lifesun2001

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:36 PM

Finally got an email confirmation that my online order for the TV's was cancelled.  From reading some comments out on the net,  there are quite a few people that were not pleased by this ad,  I guess many stores never got the items,  or sold them early before 8am.

I did manage to go to my local store at lunch and they had all of the PS4 games and systems in stock that were on sale.......so at least they managed to do that part right!  Didn't check on the XBox One items though....

#190 BowserG   Frak! CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

Thanks OP! Walked in WalMart, they had a ton of copies of NBA 2K15 for PS4, walked out with one for $30. F Black Friday!

#191 greenegt   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

greenegt

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:49 PM

Went to 3 WMs and they were all cleaned out of 2K15 for XB1. Luckily, they are back in stock online and I will pick it up on Wednesday.

#192 wolve   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1075 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

FYI Wolfenstien is already $30 on Amazon. It will be $5 cheaper next week, but I'm tempted to get it now. Just got XOne last week and getting bored of grinding in Destiny. ;)

#193 TwistedOwnz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

TwistedOwnz

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

Btw for anyone asking about the $115 tv's, they were never sent to stores for the sale. The tv's that the store had were there weeks ago and just never sold at the previous price. All instore pickup orders should have been cancelled because it isn't fair for the people waiting in line trying to get one.

#194 Cloudx9  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

Picked up my PS4 this morning with the $50 giftcard. Had to spend 2 hours and go to 3 stores though. Apparently each store had tons of PS4 systems in stock in the back warehouse but refused to sell them today and are saving them for next Thurs. Both store managers from the first two stores visited stated that they can only sell what's in stock at the front electronics section today, which is stupid since neither stores had any systems in the front. Meaning that even though it's on the ad, the store don't have any to sell lol. How dumb is that? Anyways I visited a third store and the clerk grabbed a ps4 for me from the back warehouse but couldn't ring it up. Then a manager came and told me and the clerk the same story as the other two stores. But the manager did feel bad for me since I waited in line for over 30 minutes to pay for the darn thing. So she adjusted the price of the PS4 to $350 and charged me for the gift card instead. Afterwards she told the other employees to not sell anymore ps4 with the free giftcards. Anyways it was a pretty big headache. Shame on walmart for advertising something most stores can't even sell a single unit of at the special price.

#195 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2931 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:10 PM

Just sounds like employees were holding out on everybody honestly. I should of went back and filmed people coming out of the store, then again probably better I didn't :rofl:

#196 lifesun2001   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

lifesun2001

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

Btw for anyone asking about the $115 tv's, they were never sent to stores for the sale. The tv's that the store had were there weeks ago and just never sold at the previous price. All instore pickup orders should have been cancelled because it isn't fair for the people waiting in line trying to get one.

I agree that it wouldn't be fair,  except that the ad did not say in store only,  and they were in fact available to purchase online.  In my past experiences with Walmart,  Best Buy,  etc.  if an item is a door buster in store only,  you either dont see the item online, or it is not the sale price.  They should not have let people order online if they were not available.   Bottom line,  Walmart really botched this sale for a lot of people,  online and in store.....

#197 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6858 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:57 PM

So how is the PQ on that TV? I know it's probably not great but I wouldn't mind replacing that 42" sharp best buy had last year I picked up for the bedroom...that thing has pretty bad PQ

#198 highoffcoffee496   I gotta believe! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

highoffcoffee496

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

in for the $19 Canon Wireless Printer

anyone have a link? can't find it

#199 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:06 PM

anyone have a link? can't find it

http://www.walmart.c...-White/38067902

#200 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

Just going to throw it out there for those who are on the fence about Wolfenstein...

It's so worth it. Very old-school vibe. The funnest game I've played in a while. If you're a trophy nut, you'll get the majority of trophies just by playing through the game. Uber Mode isn't very difficult. Pretty easy Plat.

#201 asianorange  

asianorange

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:29 PM

Best Buy priced matched The Enemy Within for me because you can still add it to cart. I didn't have to wait a few days for Wal_Mart's in-store pickup.

#202 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3509 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

Best Buy priced matched The Enemy Within for me because you can still add it to cart. I didn't have to wait a few days for Wal_Mart's in-store pickup.

Yesterday when I went into BB for the nokia 635 M$ deal, they said they will not PM any BF friday deals even a week ahead, so went to WM and got it for 39.

#203 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2931 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:31 PM

So how is the PQ on that TV? I know it's probably not great but I wouldn't mind replacing that 42" sharp best buy had last year I picked up for the bedroom...that thing has pretty bad PQ

On the Emerson 40", I've only set it up for antenna TV temporarily until I get cable installed tomorrow (depending on the weather/installer), but on a 720p channel I noticed a lot of interlace, on a 1080p channel it of course looked fine. Yet have not hooked up my game systems, will do that later tomorrow. It is no Samsung, but it is better then having to squint at a small best buy brand TV which I paid more for a while back.

#204 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:35 PM

On the Emerson 40", I've only set it up for antenna TV temporarily until I get cable installed tomorrow (depending on the weather/installer), but on a 720p channel I noticed a lot of interlace, on a 1080p channel it of course looked fine. Yet have not hooked up my game systems, will do that later tomorrow. It is no Samsung, but it is better then having to squint at a small best buy brand TV which I paid more for a while back.

how small was the bestbuy tv?

#205 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:17 PM

Just a quick heads up for those people who pre-ordered The Evil Within with the $10 GC, you are absolutely able to post price match approved competitors and local stores. If you have any issues getting the price match, all you need to do is inform the agent that post purchase price matches are allowed during the Extended Holiday return policy (Nov.-Jan.) which can be found in their internal knowledge base.

Yesterday when I went into BB for the nokia 635 M$ deal, they said they will not PM any BF friday deals even a week ahead, so went to WM and got it for 39.

As long as the deal is live before Thanksgiving day or after that following Monday they have to honor the price match according to their price match guarantee policy.

#206 sixteenvolt420   Hidefninja.com CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

sixteenvolt420

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:24 AM

Grabbed The Evil Within for the PS4 today after work.

#207 frosty47   Banned Banned   854 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

frosty47

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:44 AM

Just a quick heads up for those people who pre-ordered The Evil Within with the $10 GC, you ar absolutely able to post price match approved competitors and local stores. If you have any issues getting the price match, all you need to do is inform the agent that post purchase price matches are allowed during the Extended Holiday return policy (Nov.-Jan.) which can be found in their internal knowledge base.

As long as the deal is live before Thanksgiving day or after that following Monday they have to honor the price match according to their price match guarantee policy.

phone script:

1) open this: http://www.bestbuy.c...cat297300050000

2)call BBY

3) read script:

"Hi, I just need a price adjustment on a recent purchase of Evil Within on Xbox One. The lower price can be found on Walmart.com

Answers to 3 most common objections:

Q: I'm sorry sir Walmart.com is not listed on the approved list of websites in our low-price guarantee.

A: According to your low price guarantee Walmart qualifies as a local competitor. They are within a 25 mile radius and the deal is offered in store as well as online. 

Q: Our system is down I'm unable to verify the price on walmart.com.

A: Per your policy you may "call the retail store and verify price and availability." Their # is XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Q: I'm sorry sir, this is a Black Friday sale and we don't price match during Black Friday.

A: Actually the Walmart sale period falls outside BBY's excluded time period of Thanksgiving day thru the Monday following Thanksgiving.

#208 Gmmr04   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:55 AM

Probably will buy evil within and see if I can get it from BB. If not, I'll just keep it. If I can get it cheaper ill return it. $5 saved lol

#209 Chinese_cuisine   Dim Sum Yum Yum CAGiversary!   471 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Chinese_cuisine

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:26 AM

Just got back from best buy from picking up smash broa. They adjusted my previous purchase with gcu discount and added the 20 percent off with the price match. Seems like it's ymmv but just in case anybody from the bay area wants to give it a tey. I did it at the union city best buy

#210 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:15 AM

SMASH BROA!