* * - - - 6 votes

Walmart Pre-Black Friday Ad 11/21 - 11/27 (LIVE NOW @ Walmart.com, 8AM Friday 11/21 for in-store.)

#211 Zantra2  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:06 AM

Target and Best Buy refused to pricematch Walmart for the Skylanders Trap Team deal. So, YMMV.

#212 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3509 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:10 AM

Just a quick heads up for those people who pre-ordered The Evil Within with the $10 GC, you are absolutely able to post price match approved competitors and local stores. If you have any issues getting the price match, all you need to do is inform the agent that post purchase price matches are allowed during the Extended Holiday return policy (Nov.-Jan.) which can be found in their internal knowledge base.

As long as the deal is live before Thanksgiving day or after that following Monday they have to honor the price match according to their price match guarantee policy.

Unless they were blowing smoke up my bum, the manager was reading off their PM rules for BF, and said they will not PM any BF deals.

#213 Jeff Jr.   My Pokemart won't price match :( CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

Unless they were blowing smoke up my bum, the manager was reading off their PM rules for BF, and said they will not PM any BF deals.

Who said anything about Blackfriday? Just show the price on your phone on walmart.com and say it was a pricedrop. Nowhere on the page mentions anything about Blackfriday or the ad. I was able to pricematch NBA 2K15 by showing the page. 

#214 neonon19s   Gotta Catch 'em All CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

neonon19s

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:49 PM

I just wanted some 60¢ hot wheels and when I went yesterday they had 8 cars on the shelf and they were all the same car lol

I did get a copy of how to train your Dragon 2 so pretty excited about getting that for $10 early

#215 SonicGamer   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

i price match evil within at best buy with no problem for those wanting to know = )

#216 SonicGamer   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   999 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

you were lied to as long as its a legit pm they will do it they did it 2 years this will make 3 year my walmart is doing it i put games on layaway come in on BF and price match = )

#217 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

Just a quick heads up for those people who pre-ordered The Evil Within with the $10 GC, you are absolutely able to post price match approved competitors and local stores. If you have any issues getting the price match, all you need to do is inform the agent that post purchase price matches are allowed during the Extended Holiday return policy (Nov.-Jan.) which can be found in their internal knowledge base.
As long as the deal is live before Thanksgiving day or after that following Monday they have to honor the price match according to their price match guarantee policy.

Only problem with that is the game came out on 10/14 and the extended holiday price match didn't go into effect until 11/1 .

#218 ThePriceIsRight   Kupo b*tch!! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

ThePriceIsRight

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

Soooo decided to ignore the "not available for pick up" message online and went to my store. They had a bunch of NBA2k15 in stock! Was like wtf! Then for some stupid reason it kept ringing up for MSRP. Stood there for like 15 mins showing the $29 price on the website n arguing....nope.

Think Walmart is secretly holding on to stock for BF since its on sale then for $35. N e ways....F Walmart!!

#219 bar2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

I did the same as the person above and went to the store to see if they had any copies of the Evil Within....They 2 copies ea. for X1 and PS4....I got the PS4 version and told the guy to see what the price rang up b/c i wanted to price match the Walmart online price....

It rang up $29.96 s0 I grabbed a PS4 copy....I did see someone mention that on hear yesterday and it worked...Thanks OP

Oh, and they were the digital upgraded version 2 with the Fighting chance DLC and the Box Cover...Sweet!!

#220 Mageshadow   Taking A Deuce.. CAGiversary!   1470 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:52 PM

Heads up on the TV fiasco. SD'ers are reporting that if you call the number on the e-mail they sent that walmart will send your a $153-$183 GC to make up the difference so you can buy a comparable 40" TV from them at the same price as the pre-BF one.

You can also reply to the same e-mail. 

TL:DR if your tv ordered got cancelled, e-mail walmart and they will send you $153-$183 in an E-GC

#221 rzenger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

Heads up on the TV fiasco. SD'ers are reporting that if you call the number on the e-mail they sent that walmart will send your a $153-$183 GC to make up the difference so you can buy a comparable 40" TV from them at the same price as the pre-BF one.

TL:DR if your tv ordered got cancelled, e-mail walmart and they will send you $153-$183 in an E-GC

What email?

#222 Mageshadow   Taking A Deuce.. CAGiversary!   1470 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:11 PM

What email?

Dear XXXX,

I understand you were affected today by a cancellation for the pre-Black Friday 40” Element TV sales item.   I am terribly sorry for the negative impact this situation has caused you and for the lack of inventory available to fulfill your order.  Walmart takes great pride in ensuring the satisfaction of our customers and I know we fell short today with this issue.  If you have any questions about your cancelled item, please contact us at 1 (800) 966-6546.  I do hope you’ll give us another chance to earn back your business and to participate in the joy you will bring to others this holiday season. 

Affected Order(s):

Order number: XXXXXXXXXX

I just replied to that e-mail and got this responce:

Hi XXX,

Thank you for contacting us. We are happy to assist you. We understand your concern for that reason we have escalated your order to the correct department. You will received an e-gift card of $183.00
Please allow 5-7 business days for the email with the response.

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email and we'll be happy to assist.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXX

Walmart.com Customer Care

#223 lifesun2001   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

lifesun2001

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

I emailed customer service before I saw this post,   just to let them know that the way the order for the TV's was not handled very well,  and that I was disappointed.  I got the same email back shortly after and supposedly they are sending me an e-gift card for $153.00.  Its interesting that they are doing this,  rather than offering rainchecks.  I am surprised too that they are doing anything at all,  so kudos to Walmart for this,  I am quite surprised.

#224 HeightsBound   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   186 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

HeightsBound

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

Price matched The Evil Within at Best Buy, no issues, they did the usual, logged onto the website Instore to verify.

#225 Zantra2  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:29 PM

My Best Buy specifically said that they refuse to price match Black Friday and early Black Friday sales ads. Should I call and complain to corporate, or should I just let it go, and spend my money somewhere else? My local Best Buy is extremely crappy, and all of the teenagers that work there don't care. They don't even man the registers. The last time that I went there, I was standing in line by myself for 15 minutes waiting to buy something, before the guy at the door asked me if I needed any help.

#226 Mageshadow   Taking A Deuce.. CAGiversary!   1470 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

My Best Buy specifically said that they refuse to price match Black Friday and early Black Friday sales ads. Should I call and complain to corporate, or should I just let it go, and spend my money somewhere else? My local Best Buy is extremely crappy, and all of the teenagers that work there don't care. They don't even man the registers. The last time that I went there, I was standing in line by myself for 15 minutes waiting to buy something, before the guy at the door asked me if I needed any help.

Call corporate. BB will match anything up until BF, even if it's a pre-BF sale. If anything read the policy to the manager, if he doesnt budge I'd ask to speak to regional, or call up corporate and have the conversation in store and have the corporate rep talk to the idiot manager.

• Zantra2 likes this

#227 Zantra2  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:44 AM

I got the item for much cheaper at Target, but I will remember to do this the next time. If I go back. I have never had trouble price matching at any Best Buy, except for this one.

#228 JGON85  

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

Jumping on that $20 Canon printer for the gf, not sure what difference is between the $20 and $25 (both the same model number)

Thanks OP!

#229 TBoner101  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

was the white ps4 destiny bundle w/ $50 GC @ WM $399 or $449? cause i was there a couple days ago and saw someone get the normal ps4 w/ $50 GC for $399, which is listed in the ad, so assumed this one would be more expensive. also, when i do a search on their website, it shows up as $449. however, saw a post on SD for it and it shows up as $399 + $50 GC, and even the link from OP shows up as the same price.

not interested in a ps4, but thought id share in case it helps anyone out. unless it has always been that price, then just ignore this post.