The "Official" CAG Ultimate Anime Recommendations - Vote 1 Begins! (W/ Giveaway, $5 AmazonGC!)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
Hello everybody!

It has begun!

CAG Ultimate Recommendations Vote #1! - The Best Anime

***Do note this isn't a favorite list (Will do that one soon enough), but this one will be counted towards what you think are the best anime, well, ever made.***

Voting will last until I receive 35 total votes.

Number of Votes recorded - 25 (10 more to go!)

The prize for this round will be a $5 Amazon gift card. However, I want to at least reach 35 - 50 votes to raffle it off. So try to get other people to come in and vote!

To cast your vote, pm me with what you think are the top 5 anime ever made, with 3 honorable mentions.

This is how the scoring for the poll will work  -

(My List as an example)

#1 - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - 8 points

#2 - Beck Mongolian Chop Squad - 6 points

#3 - Nagi No Asukara - 5 points

#4 - Steins Gate - 4 points

#5 - Welcome To the NHK -  3 points

HM1 - Toradora - 1 point

HM2 - Anohana - 1 point

HM3 - Kids on the Slope - 1 point

At the end of midnight December 1st, I will tally up the votes and post results the next day. And the next one would begin shortly after this one concludes.

CAG Ultimate Anime Recommendations Vote 2 Topic - TBD

Let the fun begin!

(I am looking for someone to help me with a write up of a basic summary of the results of the vote at the end of the poll that will be posted as a blog post and linked to the thread here. If interested pm me as well!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vote # 1 Eligible Prize Winners 

#1 TheMaster20000

#2 Neoz

#3 - Solidsnake86

#4 - Zulux21

#5 - B:L

#6 - ARSignal11

#7 - jflooooooooo

#8 - starkillr

#9 - Pikagreg

#10 - Fishphoenix

#11 - Elessar123

#12 - Vigilante

#13 - HakaHina

#14 - Equstina

#15 - Roger Watersmelon

#16 - BMX Jouster

#17 - Panda Wizardry

#18 - Rodimus

#19 - Pheria

#20 - Meerkatgamer

#21 - Mclovin1108

#22 - Syngamer

#23 - q 3

#24 - Frozdragon

overall then by genre, seem like it work best.  as some anime is worth watching even if you hate comedy or drama an others are worth been top of their genre but mit not make the list of best overall. either way looking forward too this thread as i love anime an check daily to see what anime deals are out their in other threads

subscribed to thread, also I agree with jimmywolf. imo an overall list and then top shows by genre would probably be cleaner and a lot easier to navigate through, especially if your looking for something in particular 

Not sure what this is, but it seems cool so subbing for more info.
This is mainly for getting the community together and compiling a vote to see what the communities favorite anime is!

It will also serve as a list where people can go to to get recommendations so they don't clog up other threads doing so :)

And the giveaway is there to get more votes in!

All votes tallied, and added to prize list (Except myself of course)

Would like more votes, want to at least get 50 by the end of the week. Any help towards that would be amazing!

I'm having a more difficult time with this than I thought I would.  Mostly because in trying to be objective, I have many situations where a list of "the best shows" conflicts with my list of "favorite shows."

A couple of examples would be Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon.  I don't particularly care for either show, and they don't appear anywhere among my list of favorites.  Nonetheless, a list without them seems incomplete simply because of the undeniable success of the shows around the world.  However, once they make the list of "best shows" then I have even more problems.

If DBZ is in, why not One Piece or other shows that have long term success? Why would DBZ make the cut over shows that are among my list of favorites like Lupin, or even over a show like Dragon Ball (which I think is a better series than DBZ but still wouldn't be on a list of favorites).  

:D

I would say shows like DBZ are based on sales and popularity. Then again who knows really. :shrug:

It's partially why my honorable mentions were the more "popular" stuff. My personal list was basically "what would I pay out of the ass for?"

But seriously, Beck is that popular? To be nominated by 6 people? We're sure it's not the same person? And Nagi no Asukara being #3? Is it really just one person voting 5 times?

It's partially why my honorable mentions were the more "popular" stuff. My personal list was basically "what would I pay out of the ass for?"

But seriously, Beck is that popular? To be nominated by 6 people? We're sure it's not the same person? And Nagi no Asukara being #3? Is it really just one person voting 5 times?
That is just my list used an example to do so, not what the votes are currently

I'm having a more difficult time with this than I thought I would. Mostly because in trying to be objective, I have many situations where a list of "the best shows" conflicts with my list of "favorite shows."

A couple of examples would be Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon. I don't particularly care for either show, and they don't appear anywhere among my list of favorites. Nonetheless, a list without them seems incomplete simply because of the undeniable success of the shows around the world. However, once they make the list of "best shows" then I have even more problems.

If DBZ is in, why not One Piece or other shows that have long term success? Why would DBZ make the cut over shows that are among my list of favorites like Lupin, or even over a show like Dragon Ball (which I think is a better series than DBZ but still wouldn't be on a list of favorites).

:D
thank you. dragonball is a much much much better show than dbz. equal power levels. better fights. character development and exposition. amazing story arcs that never went on too long. great villains and cast. it was just pure fun. dbz came in and everyone had god like powers when only about three years ago were they using taijutsu or basic martial arts

And we are now up to 16 votes!

Like I said earlier, I at least want to get 35 votes in, so I may extend it to get that number of votes, and to do the raffle.

But as of now, there seems to be a clear number 1 and 2, everything else is fair play though.

Try to get more people to come into vote if you can guys!

PM'ed you with my list.  This was actually a little harder than I thought it would be.  I had to leave out a decent number of other shows and movies I really enjoyed.

Excited to see the list and how this all turns out.

Interested in seeing what people voted for.

I agree, I wanted to list my favorite anime versus what I figured what is popular.

Thanks again for the votes everybody! We are now up to 19! Just 16 more!

Help out and spread the word for an Amazon Gift Card :D

And finally a bump. 

After the weekend, we are up to 25 votes, and it is a very tight race!

That said though, I do want to get at least 35 votes total, so the poll will be ongoing until we get 10 more votes.

Spread word if you want that giftcard!

bread's done
Back