* * * * - 12 votes

eBay Black Friday, and Cyber Monday 2014 ADs

#61 OL DIRTY   Oooh Baby, I Like It Raw. CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

OL DIRTY

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:02 AM

Hmm.  PS4 w/GTA V and TLOU @ $399.99 or PS4 console only @ $329.99 .....  decisions, decisions.

#62 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:25 AM

Hmm.  PS4 w/GTA V and TLOU @ $399.99 or PS4 console only @ $329.99 .....  decisions, decisions.

Unless you are taxed differently for the two options or have gift card situations (which I do), I don't see how this is a difficult decision. TLOU Digital is only $20ish right now, and GTA V will only go down in price.

#63 DieGo2SHAE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

DieGo2SHAE

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:32 AM

Don't forget 5% off with Discover.

That PS4 will be mine and hot damn if the Wii U smash bundle isn't tempting at that price too. Question about the Wii U: do I have to use that Fisher Price-tier tablet controller or can I use something else? And how easy is it to expand the memory (and have it be useful, for installing games and such)? Because 8gb probably isn't going to last long.

#64 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:35 AM

Don't forget 5% off with Discover.

I forgot: we can check out with Discover on eBay and get this 5%?

#65 DieGo2SHAE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

DieGo2SHAE

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:40 AM

I forgot: we can check out with Discover on eBay and get this 5%?

Yessir. Or add your Discover card to your PayPal account and use it when paying, either way works.

#66 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

Unless you are taxed differently for the two options or have gift card situations (which I do), I don't see how this is a difficult decision. TLOU Digital is only $20ish right now, and GTA V will only go down in price.

where the heck is digital TLOU for only $20

#67 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:44 AM

where the heck is digital TLOU for only $20

I saw it on SD, it's $20ish (forgot what was the exact number). I kinda assumed it's posted already on CAG.

Plus after BF, there must be plenty of those posted on the CAG trade board.

#68 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:45 AM

In for one XBL card. Thanks.

#69 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:46 AM

Yessir. Or add your Discover card to your PayPal account and use it when paying, either way works.

Cool thanks, I think using Discover to check out is safer, in terms of making sure I get that 5%. Now to do some calculation to make a decision.

#70 DieGo2SHAE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

DieGo2SHAE

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:54 AM

Cool thanks, I think using Discover to check out is safer, in terms of making sure I get that 5%. Now to do some calculation to make a decision.

While either way works (I've been getting 5% back on everything I've paid for online using Discover through PayPal), just know that to check out with Discover on ebay you have to select the 'I don't have a PayPal account' option and, if I remember correctly, you can't be logged in. Might make it a bit more likely to miss a deal if it's gone in a few seconds. I'd honestly recommend adding the card to your paypal account over taking up time entering the card information and such.

#71 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:02 AM

Anyone know how to turn Best Buy credit into something useable to use on eBay?

Anyone?

#72 tubers   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:13 AM

You just need your routing number and bank account number to connect to paypal.  Google nfcu routing number.

You can also link your debit card to paypal.

Thanks. 

Found 3 sources of the Routing Number (Google results and NFCU's main site).

Kinda guessed on the Account Number by logging into the NFCU site by using my Access Number on a small paper card that was given to me the same day I signed up in the bank. When the page loaded saw Personal Account Summary > Checking & Savings > EveryDay Checking > saw a 10 digit code beside the text Every Day Checking and used that.

..says 1-3 business days.. pending. 

Hope I got it right xD 

Probably not gonna make it for Wednesday though. That's the day the deal will be happening :(

#73 daywalker2k2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   281 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

daywalker2k2

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:29 AM

Hey but to make sure you get 5% cash back not 5% off immediately when you check out,correct??

While either way works (I've been getting 5% back on everything I've paid for online using Discover through PayPal), just know that to check out with Discover on ebay you have to select the 'I don't have a PayPal account' option and, if I remember correctly, you can't be logged in. Might make it a bit more likely to miss a deal if it's gone in a few seconds. I'd honestly recommend adding the card to your paypal account over taking up time entering the card information and such.

#74 DieGo2SHAE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

DieGo2SHAE

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:38 AM

Hey but to make sure you get 5% cash back not 5% off immediately when you check out,correct??

You don't get 5% off right away no matter how you do it, it's 5% cash back.

#75 daywalker2k2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   281 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

daywalker2k2

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:45 AM

You don't get 5% off right away no matter how you do it, it's 5% cash back.

Yeah just making sure!! Trying to figure out which wii u bundle to get!

#76 aaronrodgers   Yo...Siggy, Phido! CAGiversary!   1799 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

aaronrodgers

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:53 AM

Man, I just bought an Xbox One with my Discover with 5% back, now I'm tempted to get a PS4 at the 329 with the 5% back too.

Gah

#77 msdmoney   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2849 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

It's not that great IMO considering it's $70 off as opposed to getting $110 in free games.

I'd prefer just straight money off.  Games drop in price quick, hardware doesn't.  To me it isn't $110 in free games because I would never buy those games at full price.  You have to really want those games to make them $110 in value.  $70 off is $70 off.

None of the console deals tempted me until now.  This was going to be a fairly quiet black friday.  Now I'm not sure how difficult it will be to get the ps4 deal.

#78 Sgt Barone   CAG since 2008 CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Sgt Barone

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:27 PM

Been looking for an Xbox Live deal. Thanks, OP!

#79 spiderman4657   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

spiderman4657

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:30 PM

Who is going to be the retailer? Newegg?
If that's the case I'm going to be taxed -_- (which kills the deal)

Depending on which one has tax I'm in california as well I'll either pick up a Wii u or a ps4 also if you get shop discover its bssically the cashback value so just do that.

#80 TwistedOrange  

TwistedOrange

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hmm. I wonder if it'll be Newegg...has there been any word on whether Newegg will have an Xbox One deal on their website or not?

#81 mexicanfan   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

mexicanfan

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hmm. I wonder if it'll be Newegg...has there been any word on whether Newegg will have an Xbox One deal on their website or not?

Assassins bundle for $329. That's it.

For those hoping to score a console on ebay. Good luck if things go down like last year. Ebay had the vita for cheap last year on BF and it was supposed to go live at 1am and I refreshed and refreshed the damn ebay page for an hour and nothing. I later came back around 3:30am or so and it was there so I bought it. Hopefully this year they will honor their start time but be aware of this. Newegg was the seller by the way.

#82 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

newegg black friday ad

http://bfads.net/Bla...d?page=4#viewer

#83 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:17 PM

yea i honestly think most of these items are going to be through Buy.com on ebay since that wii u price matches with the price they normally have it on sale for and last year they were the one with the 12 months xbox live cards during the ebay sale. 

#84 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

yea i honestly think most of these items are going to be through Buy.com on ebay since that wii u price matches with the price they normally have it on sale for and last year they were the one with the 12 months xbox live cards during the ebay sale. 

isn't buy.com basically raukten? it is def not from newegg.com tho

#85 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

isn't buy.com basically raukten? it is def not from newegg.com tho

yes it the same company 

#86 juubei1i   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:44 PM

Would someone mind indulging a fellow CAG without much experience on eBay? It's one website I've honestly never used, although most of my CAGing is done online. I was too late for the Wii U deluxe deal via Newegg on eBay last week, so it isn't so much that I'm hesitant to use eBay, I just haven't before. I have a couple of questions.

1. I wouldn't mind ordering from eBay if it's Newegg, but I've heard horror stories about Buy/Rakuten, especially with credit card fraud. Should I be worried? Any fellow CAGs with experience buying from Buy/Rakuten with advice/stories would be most appreciated.

2. I've read some people having issues with companies like Sony refusing to honor warranties on systems because of a lack of documentation/because eBay isn't an authorized retailer (see here for example). Does Newegg via eBay provide purchase receipts? Or Buy/Rakuten? I don't see anything about authorized retailers in Ninty's warranty but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Apologies in advance for what are probably lame questions. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

No one has any thoughts on this?  Everyone's just taking their chances or assuming they'll not be the 1% that has a problem?

Was going to wait till there was a game I couldn't resist but this PS4 price is very tempting.

Anyone know about the supposed ability to use the Vita as a controller?  I've got two vitas in the house so that would be great if I didn't need to buy a second controller. 

• 2xJ likes this

#87 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

Really ? Best buy owns rakuten?

#88 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:51 PM

ps4 for $329 and use your BBY gcu ;)

#89 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:57 PM

GCU doesn't work on consoles.

#90 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:59 PM

Oh well then buy the games separate lol