* * * * * 2 votes

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/7 to 12/13): TRU B1G1 40%, BB B2G1 Free, Target B2 Select Games, Get $50 GC

#1621 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:08 AM

Now you guys have me wanting some grilled chicken nuggets :(

Now you have me wanting to try some grilled chicken nuggets :(

#1622 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:12 AM

really, at best buy?

two games cost me 104 with tax, 52 each..........and the newer titles are netting you 33 with gcu. so 104-66 = 38 for the price of the "free game"

Opposed to returning and rebuying during the b2g1 promo you will be basically paying for the "free game" with the reward certs lost $10 or $20 depending on the games purchased in november (a few didn't come with $10 certs). 

I know gamestop has a 40 guarantee on some newer games, and amazon doesn't look too bad if you ment trading somewhere else.

I traded my games in at $40. So I was $44. I prepared for tha B2G1 sale. Kept my RZ certs, and used them during this sale.....

#1623 ratedpg131987   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

ratedpg131987

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:14 AM

How do you return rebuy with just the receipt, they've told me to bring the game back with the receipt.

#1624 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3648 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:19 AM

I traded my games in at $40. So I was $44. I prepared for tha B2G1 sale. Kept my RZ certs, and used them during this sale.....

oh well yea that's def the way to go but can't do that now. If you missed out on that I would say it's better to just lose the reward zone points for a "free game" 

I had traded in unity/far cry before I knew about the promo and was able to lock in tiv's of 40 for dragon age/gta online the day before they dropped. 

I'm tempted to the rebuy/return to get anther game and saw you mentioned it would've been better to trade it in, I thought you ment it would be better to trade it in today than doing the rebuy/return. Thought I was missing something. 

#1625 GeorgeCostanza   Hangin Tough CAGiversary!   1504 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

GeorgeCostanza

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:22 AM

Anyone have the SKU for Little Big Planet 3 Plush edition?

#1626 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

oh well yea that's def the way to go but can't do that now. If you missed out on that I would say it's better to just lose the reward zone points for a "free game" 

I had traded in unity/far cry before I knew about the promo and was able to lock in tiv's of 40 for dragon age/gta online the day before they dropped. 

I'm tempted to the rebuy/return to get anther game and saw you mentioned it would've been better to trade it in, I thought you ment it would be better to trade it in today than doing the rebuy/return. Thought I was missing something. 

I'll be honest with you my mind slipped that some values dropped. Anything around a $40-35 would be better to trade, but then again returning takes 1 off of the 3 limit.

#1627 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3648 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:24 AM

How do you return rebuy with just the receipt, they've told me to bring the game back with the receipt.

I tried today too but they wouldn't let me either. 

I'm thinking about just rebuying the two games you are trying to return and grab your free game in store(if you order online for pick up chances are that big ass sticker will be on the cover that will have the new order # on it).  Then go return the first two games with the old receipt. Just not sure if it's worth the hassell and not really sure if I want anything else but getting a game for basically $20 is pretty damn sweet.

#1628 Budget Rock   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Budget Rock

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:25 AM

Hey GCU experts:

I got a stupid question for you.

If you use a coupon with GCU is your 20% off on the price AFTER coupon? This just happened to me and it pissed me off. it was only $1 but it's the principal of it.

Also, (more ranting) it just took the dipshit at BB 30 minutes to complete the trade of 3 games and the purchase of a game. WTF!? Is this normal? I was very patient but, seriously, what! the! FLIP?!!

#1629 DarrylMR  

DarrylMR

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

I'm hearing some people saying that they are able to bring 2 games they bought in November and ask for the B2G1 deal to be applied. Is there any validity in this? 

#1630 ErectileDysfunction   Banned Banned   152 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

ErectileDysfunction

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

For those who got the $1 million for gta v on ps4, what's the game's sku? Mine's 710425475252

#1631 DarrylMR  

DarrylMR

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

I tried today too but they wouldn't let me either. 

I'm thinking about just rebuying the two games you are trying to return and grab your free game in store(if you order online for pick up chances are that big ass sticker will be on the cover that will have the new order # on it).  Then go return the first two games with the old receipt. Just not sure if it's worth the hassell and not really sure if I want anything else but getting a game for basically $20 is pretty damn sweet.

I added MCC to my order last night with 2 pre-orders and I plan to do this with that game and use the saved money to put it down for another pre-order.

#1632 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1237 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:30 AM

Why isn't the b2g1 free working for me. This is frustrating

#1633 ErectileDysfunction   Banned Banned   152 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

ErectileDysfunction

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:35 AM

I'm hearing some people saying that they are able to bring 2 games they bought in November and ask for the B2G1 deal to be applied. Is there any validity in this?

I'd also like to know. Let's say you bought shadow of mordor nba 2k15 and evil within for $25 or $20 each at bestbuy with gcu, It would be cool if you can return them and rebuy them for the price you paid for each but get 1 of them for free. I guess they'd all have to be sealed though

#1634 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder Banned   7273 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:35 AM

Why isn't the b2g1 free working for me. This is frustrating

Only certain games. Its not every system.

#1635 sbains   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:36 AM

Awesome, I just returned Far Cry 4 which I purchased on 11/11 and picked up on 11/18 since I have Elite membership (30 day return) and got $52 credit, then repurchased along with Dragons Age Inquisition and got Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition for Free, just paid another $52 with GCU. I didn't even have to bring the physical opened Far Cry 4 game back in, just show them the order number (BBY-xxx). Great time for them to run this promo!

I also went ahead and pre-ordered Bloodborne, The Order 1886, Uncharted 4 and Mortal Kombat X for PS4 this year to get 20% off f($47.99 each with release date) with GCU to keep next years 20% off in case they applied limits, they didn't this year on PS4 as I purchased The Evil Within and Diablo 3 also earlier and get discounts on those.

#1636 sbains   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:41 AM

Yes this is valid, I did just this today, you just show them your Best Buy Order # if you ordered online with in-store pickup. You need to be an Elite member for 30 day returns or Elite Plus for 45 day return window. 

#1637 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6699 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:41 AM

Awesome, I just returned Far Cry 4 which I purchased on 11/11 and picked up on 11/18 since I have Elite membership (30 day return) and got $52 credit, then repurchased along with Dragons Age Inquisition and got Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition for Free, just paid another $52 with GCU. I didn't even have to bring the physical opened Far Cry 4 game back in, just show them the order number (BBY-xxx). Great time for them to run this promo!

I also went ahead and pre-ordered Bloodborne, The Order 1886, Uncharted 4 and Mortal Kombat X for PS4 this year to get 20% off f($47.99 each with release date) with GCU to keep next years 20% off in case they applied limits, they didn't this year on PS4 as I purchased The Evil Within and Diablo 3 also earlier and get discounts on those.

you just took the order number with you? I don't have the pick-up receipt but I could try doing this with GTA. Worth a shot, right?

#1638 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:45 AM

I would do a return rebuy for far cry 4 but i dont want to risk losing the $10 cert ;/

#1639 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3648 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Yes this is valid, I did just this today, you just show them your Best Buy Order # if you ordered online with in-store pickup. You need to be an Elite member for 30 day returns or Elite Plus for 45 day return window. 

yea but with holiday returns it should work for any game purchased in November/December for anyone but it seems like I just see Elite members are pulling this off.

And remember each store operates a little differently and can depend on who you are dealing with. That's why I'm talking about just physically rebuying/returning with old receipts so I don't have to explain it/deal with the assholes at my store. 

#1640 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8677 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

I would do a return rebuy for far cry 4 but i dont want to risk losing the $10 cert ;/

U wont lose the cert

#1641 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:47 AM

U wont lose the cert

Oh?

#1642 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6699 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:48 AM

I think if they do an 'exchange', it prevents that. I had done that before and all I lost were the points I paid with the price difference.

#1643 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3648 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:48 AM

U wont lose the cert

I think you will but since it's passed 15 days (the normal return period) it might get overlooked

#1644 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:50 AM

I think if they do an 'exchange', it prevents that. I had done that before and all I lost were the points I paid with the price difference.

Hmm, well i guess id have to ask if they would do that without having me bring the game in. guess its worth a try.

#1645 sasuke543  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:56 AM

Yes I was able to return/rebuy without the games with me for those asking. All I needed was the order numbers for a couple of orders that I shipped elsewhere as gifts. Pretty nice that I get a free game but just hope the certificates don't get taken away. It's a long shot though!

#1646 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:57 AM

Guess ill try that and get LBP3 that i wanted anyways then no idea what to get as the free game. I guess Dragon Age or GTA V

#1647 DarrylMR  

DarrylMR

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:58 AM

Yes I was able to return/rebuy without the games with me for those asking. All I needed was the order numbers for a couple of orders that I shipped elsewhere as gifts. Pretty nice that I get a free game but just hope the certificates don't get taken away. It's a long shot though!

I already used up my certificates. Did the games you order have to be placed in the last 15 days? I recently got Dragon Age I and CoD in November and I would love to pick up FH2 for free. 

#1648 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6699 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:59 AM

I already used up my certificates. Did the games you order have to be placed in the last 15 days? I recently got Dragon Age I and CoD in November and I would love to pick up FH2 for free. 

Orders placed from November 1st onward are eligible for a Holiday return policy up until January.

#1649 DarrylMR  

DarrylMR

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:02 AM

Orders placed from November 1st onward are eligible for a Holiday return policy up until January.

Despite the game being opened? (Granted I'm hearing people say they didn't even bring the game with them). I'm going to try this tomorrow.

I might do it with Far Cry 4 instead of FH2. If I do it with FC4 I would just trade it in for store credit to help it go towards another pre-order (any clue how much I would get with GCU?)

#1650 ErectileDysfunction   Banned Banned   152 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

ErectileDysfunction

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:07 AM

I thought you return far cry 4 which you picked up on 11/18?

Edit: Nvm you returned it without actually bring the game to the store. Lucky bastard. Since I bought rocksmith for a total of $32 and shadow of mordor for $20 last week, would I be able to get a game below $20 for free or shadow of mordor for free if I get wolf among us or something if I show them 2 separate receipts?