* * * * - 8 votes

November 28 - December 1 Xbox.com Black Friday deals. This was pulled off the black Friday page in about 2 minutes after it went live.

#61 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13502 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

If you follow a guide, each episode is probably about an hour to an hour and a half and I believe there are five episodes per season.

Ok thanks.  So I can probably knock a season out in one sitting.

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

If 4chan is the Internet's anus, Reddit is the taint.

#62 mexicanfan   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   572 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

mexicanfan

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

Welp. All of my excitement is dead. I thought it was BF4 Premium Edition that came with BF4+Premium Membership for $24.99. Never mind. These sales are lackluster.

Wait a second, so BF Premium does not include BF4?

#63 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2472 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

Wait a second, so BF Premium does not include BF4?

It is just the expansion pack.

644690.png

https://www.gofundme.com/newhomeforpam - even social media shares help!

#64 CodeeCB  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:32 PM

Assuming these prices are correct I'm going to be dropping around $350. This week between the new deals with gold and these sales. I'll be able to trade in 5 physical copies though for games I'm replacing digitally. I've been waiting for sales like this for a long time! Just wish there was more people selling xbl credit lol.

I'm always interested in purchasing Xbox Live credit in any denomination of cards! Please PM me of you have any extra :)

CodeeCB.jpg

#65 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3568 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:33 PM

Nobody can see your posts and you are the only one who can see them?  Maybe you are dead.

#66 cigaro   Constants and Variables CAGiversary!   925 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:34 PM

Nobody can see your posts and you are the only one who can see them?  Maybe you are dead.

To reddit he is. 

534753.png

#67 Spokker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2211 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

I don't see what is so unbelievable about those prices that you would be banned for posting them. Prices are perfectly in line with the Black Friday week deals going on now. Disappointing prices. Was expecting many games to be $20-$25. Digital on consoles is a letdown when it comes to deals. 

#68 Konfusion   Bleeding Purple and Black CAGiversary!   1663 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:42 PM

for sports and FPS games going digital is great

I don't buy anything digital unless it's cheaper than physical copy, but sports games would be the last thing I would buy digital. They are good for a year and then the new one replaces it. If I have a disc, I can trade it in for a fair amount toward the new one. Yearly FPS games like COD are a similar situation, but I would be much more likely to go back and play an older shooter than an outdated sports game, so it has more value.

OrganizedChaos11.png

#69 mexicanfan   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   572 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

mexicanfan

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

I don't see what is so unbelievable about those prices that you would be banned for posting them. Prices are perfectly in line with the Black Friday week deals going on now. Disappointing prices. Was expecting many games to be $20-$25. Digital on consoles is a letdown when it comes to deals.

It all depends on your taste and situation. The titanfall bundle is good considering it includes all DLC. But if you don't care for this then it is not a deal.

#70 Spokker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2211 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:04 PM

Yeah, Titanfall seems like the only good deal. 

#71 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:15 PM

FYI, here is Major Nelson's blog post about this week's sale, Black Friday Edition:

http://majornelson.c...friday-edition/

Quite a lot of stuff in there!

#72 Mustainium  

Mustainium

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:19 PM

Thanks OP, I'll be in for TWD

#73 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:27 PM

Welp. All of my excitement is dead. I thought it was BF4 Premium Edition that came with BF4+Premium Membership for $24.99. Never mind. These sales are lackluster.

So it's just premium and not the game. I thought it was both also.

#74 io   ... Super Moderators   24643 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:48 PM

Seriously. You can tell who the people without GCU are if you see someone getting excited over these "deals".

Pretty much this. Plus digital has no resale value

I already got Destiny for about $10 (had a $50 promo credit at Microsoft store for them messing up an order of mine). But I play it so much, plus I have well over $160 sitting on my MS account that might expire sooner or later (didn't they say that points carried over from the 360 days would expire in 2 years or something?). I should add that I got that $160 for probably less than $50 total.

I play Destiny so much that disc switching is getting to be a pain. I could just buy the DLC pass for $35. But now for $81 I can get the digital edition which includes that pass. So really I'm just paying $46 of that MS funny money to switch to digital and then I can sell my disc. The only problem is that all this BF nonsense is going to depress the value of the physical disc so I'll probably only be able to get about $35 for it. So in the end I might be out $10 of virtual money for the convenience of not switching discs. I can live with that.

And oh yeah, I have GCU through 2019 ;).

#75 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3768 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:41 AM

How does anyone consider these good deals? You're absolutely stuck with these if you buy digital, but you can get almost any of these cheaper during BF on disc. Not to mention that Titanfall Season Pass was on sale for about the same price (if not cheaper) a few weeks ago.

Titanfall is a good deal...

w5Q80iM.gifj5IniQc.gifgTTA3Aa.gif

Spoiler

#76 CodeeCB  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:01 AM

How does anyone consider these good deals? You're absolutely stuck with these if you buy digital, but you can get almost any of these cheaper during BF on disc. Not to mention that Titanfall Season Pass was on sale for about the same price (if not cheaper) a few weeks ago.

They're good deals compared to normal DITITAL prices. I have gone 100% digital and am just waiting for sales to trade in my remaining X1 physical discs. Aside from going digital I've never sold a game after I purchased it. I have around 250 Xbox 360 and ps3 games that I'll never turn in. Since there is no gamers club unlocked type deal aside room the 10% off EA games this is some of the best deals the digital fans will find. I have 3 Xbox Ones in my house, and can play any game on any one at any point in time. Having discs jugled between 3 Xbox Ones would be a hassle. Throw in the "home" Xbox and it's a great deal.

I'm always interested in purchasing Xbox Live credit in any denomination of cards! Please PM me of you have any extra :)

CodeeCB.jpg

#77 Indarkened  

Indarkened

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:23 AM

Deals seem good to me. Plus I won't have to fight over them like a rabid animal.

#78 genneo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

BF3 Premium Edition was the game AND all the expansion packs.

Doubt they would change that for BF4.

#79 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:46 PM

Trying to decide of premium is worth it at $25. I've never purchased dlc for BF in the past. Do the add on maps stay populated? I know with cod the population goes down after time

#80 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4963 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

Man, EVERYONE is discounting the Shadow of Mordor game.

This is not a new trend. If I am not mistaken all October releases are being discounted this BF. 

Despite Shadow of Mordor not having LOTR anywhere, it had a better launch than any LOTR title I believe.  Still it was foolish not to tack on LOTR in the title (remove Middle-Earth).

Anyway I don't think any other October release has had sales/drops like this.  Only Walmart is having a sale for Borderlands TPS.

Yeah but they get credit for discovering the $300 Xbox 360 TIV glitch at BB. That was nuts.

Can someone re-remind me of this?

#81 thatsbarejones  

thatsbarejones

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:49 AM

BF3 Premium Edition was the game AND all the expansion packs.

Doubt they would change that for BF4.

That's the thing though. The Premium Membership is on sale only. BF4 Premium edition is not. 

Trying to decide of premium is worth it at $25. I've never purchased dlc for BF in the past. Do the add on maps stay populated? I know with cod the population goes down after time

Well I just picked up BF4 pre-owned from GameFly for $13 and gonna go ahead and buy the premium membership when it goes live. 

If you buy it add me on XBL: thatsbarejones 

#82 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36681 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:14 AM

* No digital sale for Forza Horizon 2...?

I'm really disappointed in this as well. Was really hoping they would match their retail price or at least come close to it.

3ds120.gif Pocket Card Jockey  :pc: Final Fantasy 14  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Nier Automata  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 3 - Recently Completed: :ps4: Disc Jam

EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#83 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   1998 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:43 AM

I'm really disappointed in this as well. Was really hoping they would match their retail price or at least come close to it.

Its utterly baffling to me.

Microsoft is a publisher.  They own the console.  Why the hell are there not more Microsoft-published games included in the Digital sale?  (where are.....Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Forza Horizon 2, Zoo Tycoon, Kinect Sports Rivals)

I'm hoping we're missing something here - that the games listed are only half the titles going up over the weekend.  Or that Microsoft is running their own version of Daily Deals (a la Valve with Steam), and those were just the titles for Day 1 (Friday).  Either way, I suppose we're just 30 hours away from knowing....

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#84 cigaro   Constants and Variables CAGiversary!   925 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:45 AM

So is titanfall not part of this after all?

I dont see it on the live site. 

534753.png

#85 MattZack   Virtue for the virtuous, signaling for others. CAGiversary!   1257 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:47 AM

Titanfall is probably going live on Thursday or Friday.

Posted Image

#86 cdrw123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:07 PM

dont you find it wierd that they have a list of other retail stores where u can buy the products for cheaper

#87 genneo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:13 PM

Why not? Everyone has choices. Would you prefer people just be all closed minded and greedy bastards?

#88 cdrw123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

i'd prefer them matching the other retailers prices so there would be more deals available, wouldnt you?

#89 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   1998 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

dont you find it wierd that they have a list of other retail stores where u can buy the products for cheaper

I would really like to know why Microsoft has links to Sales of the physical discs of games they publish....rather than just having the games on sale digitally, too.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#90 ryverse   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:46 PM

Premium has always been worth it to me. In my experience (600 hours in BF3 & BF4 multiplayer), the premium maps stay populated because the premium audience is mostly battlefield vets that play often and get sick of the core maps, while the core maps are usually casual players. There are so many perks w/ premium and assignments that unlock rewarding weapons. The F2000 in the Second Assault map pack is one of the best guns in the game IMO.

I would say paying full price at launch for Premium would be more ideal than paying half price after the last DLC drop, but you should still get plenty of multiplayer time to make the purchase worth it.