* * * * - 33 votes

PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Poll: PS Plus (37 member(s) have cast votes)

If PlayStation Plus stopped giving away free games, would you unsubscribe?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#15121 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

Tyler, when you get out here, you should take a drive to around me. There's a place down the road, a little local sub shop called Subway that makes delicious sandwiches. The best part is that no matter what kind of meat you get, it all tastes like turkey!

I heard there is a local place called Godfather's pizza nearby there too.  Sounds like a good lunch and dinner combo for him.

Check out Inverted Access for gaming news and reviews.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#15122 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30421 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

Tyler, when you get out here, you should take a drive to around me. There's a place down the road, a little local sub shop called Subway that makes delicious sandwiches. The best part is that no matter what kind of meat you get, it all tastes like turkey!

I'm not gonna have access to a vehicle I don't think.  But I may go out of pocket to rent a car for a day just to check out this "Subway" place.  Sounds amazing.

Actually I may actually stay in Boston for a few days after the conference and possibly get a car then.  So I'm all in to finally check out this mythical "Subway"!

tylerh1701.png 
Twitch: TylerH1701

#15123 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

Gator, the best local pizza place is clearly Little Caesars. They have a great pretzel pizza that is to die for.

#delicious

Wrencrest.png

#15124 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30421 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

Yet another instance of a indie developer lazily going with an all-bronze trophy list.

Why do you consider that lazy?

tylerh1701.png 

#15125 GatorBeerGeek   President of the PSN OT Michelle Jenneke fan club CAGiversary!   8612 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

GatorBeerGeek

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

Tyler, when are we moving to the next award category?  It seems like there is a clear winner on this one with that many votes already in.

Check out Inverted Access for gaming news and reviews.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#15126 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30421 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

Tyler, when are we moving to the next award category?  It seems like there is a clear winner on this one with that many votes already in.

Haha right now.  Thanks for the reminder.  I'm bored too so it will help me kill like 5 mins.

tylerh1701.png 

#15127 ProfessorStotch   Whatever happened, happened CAGiversary!   13619 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:36 PM

he's not gonna sleep with you

That's not what he told me.

ProfessorStotch.png

#15128 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30421 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:36 PM

Bioshock Infinite was actually the 2nd highest nominated game in that category, behind Velocity 2X.  I was surprised to see it won by several votes, and V2X was just in the middle of the pack with everything else.

This one we're running now ended up being my least favorite category.  We'll see how it plays out.

tylerh1701.png 

#15129 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30421 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

That's not what he told me.

You're not my type, you're just too young for me!

tylerh1701.png 

#15130 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36144 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

Why do you consider that lazy?

Because it seems like they just went for quantity over quality and went for as many trophies as possible. Pix the Cat has a nearly perfect trophy list in terms of that quantity/quality balance with at least one of each type.

Then again, this might be another instance where the complex nature of trophy logic comes into play and there's more to it than that.

#trophypolitics

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Blue Reflection (3.75/5 :3ds: M&L: Superstar Saga (4.5/5)

#15131 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

You're not my type, you're just too young for me!

Anything over 18 is never too young.  Or so I am told.

Wrencrest.png

#15132 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30421 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:43 PM

Because it seems like they just went for quantity over quality and went for as many trophies as possible. Pix the Cat has a nearly perfect trophy list in terms of that quantity/quality balance with at least one of each type.

I guess I don't know what kind of scale your using to compare one trophy set with the other.  This game has more trophies (so technically shouldn't that be less lazy?) but besides that I don't see the differences between the two, I'm sure they have the same amount of trophy points.

Maybe you just don't like bronze or prefer games that go with abbreviated trophy lists that have less bronze and more silvers and golds.

tylerh1701.png 

#15133 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16693 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:45 PM

I guess I don't know what kind of scale your using to compare one trophy set with the other. This game has more trophies (so technically shouldn't that be less lazy?) but besides that I don't see the differences between the two, I'm sure they have the same amount of trophy points.

Maybe you just don't like bronze or prefer games that go with abbreviated trophy lists that have less bronze and more silvers and golds.

As always tyler is right. Games like octodad and contrast did a good job with their all bronze trophy lists. If it's a fun list I don't care what color the trophies are.

#Equality

MildObstruction.png

#15134 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36144 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:45 PM

I guess I don't know what kind of scale your using to compare one trophy set with the other.  This game has more trophies (so technically shouldn't that be less lazy?) but besides that I don't see the differences between the two, I'm sure they have the same amount of trophy points.

Yeah, maybe. I know they have the same amount of trophy points, though.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :switch: LoZ: Breath of the Wild; Super Mario Odyssey :ps4: Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy :ps3: TLoH: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :vita: Ys: Memories of Celceta

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Blue Reflection (3.75/5 :3ds: M&L: Superstar Saga (4.5/5)

#15135 Derextreme   Do you even Sony? CAGiversary!   3154 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

Zimm - titan attacks worst ps+ goty? i thought we were brothers, but idk. how can you hate space invaders/clones? how can that many people here have nominated it, and metrico didn't make it? am i in the weekly deals thread right now?

DerekTheExtreme.png

#15136 Cleaner7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3350 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

And ask cleaner for food recommendations, not the guy who used to live 15 minutes outside the city.

Don't be jealous! I did my research before going. There's this sweet pizza place called Pizza Hut that sells these calzones there. I just know he'll love them!

(Eff you Gator for ruining my joke!)

Is half a DP just as good as a whole one?

Well, half of a double is a whole. You tell me.

#15137 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16693 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

also, anyone that doesn't like pinball is a communist. Anyone up for a side tourney? We could pick one pinball arcade table and one zen table and do cumulative or weighted score to make it as obscenely complicated as possible. I have an ultra street fighter 4 voucher that no one would want that I could throw in as a prize.

Edit - crunchewy gets an immediate -100m handicap to his total score no matter what tables we play. I'll take one too.

MildObstruction.png

#15138 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5731 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

Damn this site is running like shit today.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#15139 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

also, anyone that doesn't like pinball is a communist.

Anyone that plays pinball is old as dirt.  Did they even have electricity back when you started playing pinball?

Wrencrest.png

#15140 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30421 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

Zimm - titan attacks worst ps+ goty? i thought we were brothers, but idk. how can you hate space invaders/clones? how can that many people here have nominated it, and metrico didn't make it? am i in the weekly deals thread right now?

What the Fuck is wrong with Metrico?

What the Fuck is wrong you YOU?

tylerh1701.png 

#15141 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16693 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

Anyone that plays pinball is old as dirt. Did they even have electricity back when you started playing pinball?

I played the terminator 2 pinball table at a blacksmith's shoppe illuminated by a single oil lantern.

MildObstruction.png

#15142 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7572 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

I will SQL error you in a minute CAG.

I'm gonna admit that I'm an anal bastard 

Also a diary is smart. If you write down a bunch of crazy shit and your grand slaughter goes wrong, you can point to your diary as evidence. "See! I'm crazy!"

kilik123.png

#15143 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10979 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

I don't know.  It was short.  Not really original.  Just kinda bleh.  At least Proteus tried something different with its "explore this weird place over multiple seasons thing, even if it did get a little boring too.  Only other one on the list I played was Spelunky, which I don't love, but it's better than Titan.

Zimm108.png

#15144 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5731 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:57 PM

Damn this site is running like shit today.

Why should today be different than any other day of the week.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#15145 Cleaner7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3350 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:57 PM

Well I have 35 minutes to burn at the doctor's office so time to pull out the Vita.

Spoiler

Edit: I missed the easy "You felt me up and I never got a phone call" joke.

Also, obviously I'm not pregnant.

#15146 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:58 PM

I like PSN games that have all bronze trophies because I like that sweet "popping" sound.  The more (and faster) the better.

Although I do then tend to miss Gold and Silver.  Cause I like other colors besides "brown".  #racist

THIS IS THE THIRD TIME TRYING TO POST THIS DUMBASS COMMENT.  Fuck YOU CAG!

Wrencrest.png

#15147 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10979 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:58 PM

also, anyone that doesn't like pinball is a communist. Anyone up for a side tourney? We could pick one pinball arcade table and one zen table and do cumulative or weighted score to make it as obscenely complicated as possible. I have an ultra street fighter 4 voucher that no one would want that I could throw in as a prize.

Edit - crunchewy gets an immediate -100m handicap to his total score no matter what tables we play. I'll take one too.

original.gif

Zimm108.png

#15148 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11105 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:59 PM

Since it was my favorite game I played last year I figured it was silly to just do a jazz edition of the Vanquish review so I went ahead and did a full review + tips version.

https://www.cheapass...sh-review-tips/

Guardian_owl.png

#15149 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30421 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:02 PM

Just realized that NPDs should be out today.  Gotta think Xboner took December easily.

tylerh1701.png 

#15150 TheCro   wot CAGiversary!   4576 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:04 PM

I've played 3-4 Mario Karts. The first ones (SNES) had the best battle mode IMO. The other ones I tried just didn't measure up. Though that could easily be due to nostalgia.

SASRT is by far the best kart game I've played. Blew all the MK's I've played out of the water.

Better than Diddy Kong Racing? C'mon son.

TehCro.png