Uplay B1G1 free - Watch Dogs or South Park $9 on PC

etcrane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Hi guys, thought this was a pretty sweet deal - Uplay is currently running a B1G1 free on certain games -

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/html/pbPage.BOGO

Choices include the new Tomb Raider and the Temple of Osiris for $17.99 (normally $19.99) and free games include $39.99+ options like South Park: Stick of Truth, AC IV and Watchdogs.

Tales from the Borderlands is another excellent option when combined with the higher priced free games.

**Includes non-PC games at full price, but all free games are PC versions**

Sorry, deal isn't stacking ... free games aren't added even though the prompt asks you to select one before check out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tales of Borderlands + South Park for $25 is not bad. I wanted Tomb Raider on PS4 though. Does the TR game have controller support?

Interestingly enough, South Park actually activates through Steam. So you open Uplay and then it adds the game to your Steam library and installs.

If you didn't have to use it on your account, I would probably take part in this deal to get South Park.

Great point! Looks like the deal is stacking with their Cyber Monday sales ... so you get the discounted game PLUS another game free

Tropico 5 is $14 ... brings total for two games down to $7 a piece ... not bad if you want any of the more expensive free games.

*Update - damn, it removes the free game before check out ... nevermind

Great point! Looks like the deal is stacking with their Cyber Monday sales ... so you get the discounted game PLUS another game free

Tropico 5 is $14 ... brings total for two games down to $7 a piece ... not bad if you want any of the more expensive free games.

*Update - damn, it removes the free game before check out ... nevermind
I actually bought the combo. They seemed to have changed the way this deal is working... :(

How do you get South Park for $9?
Buy Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris for $17.99 and you're looking at each game for ~$9. A bit misleading but $9 for a game that comes out next week is pretty decent. You may also be able to sell the key if you don't want the game, hard to know for sure until it's released.

So you can buy Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris and get anything on the right side free? Thats a crazy good deal.

This offer is still live but it is confusing.  You click Add To Cart on an item you want to buy and then you are taken to the corresponding BOGO page.

It only seems to work on certain titles?  Perhaps full priced titles?  Can't find the find print anywhere on the site

OK so anyone buying tropico 5 or south park, I can confirm you can get steam keys for it, the way it works with it is you try to play the game with the uplay launcher, and it will open a steam redeem key window, as long as you don't proceed with it, it will not add the game and use the steam key, so you can do with the steam key from that page what you wish.

If anyone is interested in tropico 5 let me know, I bought it as my game to get south park, and would let it go for $7 (as if you went half in with me).

I take it only Ubisoft games use Uplay, correct? I'm eyeing the Metro Redux bundle with South Park, but not if I have to use the Uplay software at all.

I take it only Ubisoft games use Uplay, correct? I'm eyeing the Metro Redux bundle with South Park, but not if I have to use the Uplay software at all.
I don't know if that is still working but all those games are Steamworks games. Meaning they will give you Steam keys.

I bought Wolfenstein and took Black Flag as the free game. It charged my paypal, but I still haven't gotten any keys.
I think you have to open uplay and then click the game in your library, which then opens the prompt with the key in Steam (unless some of the games don't use Steam .. I can confirm that South Park takes you to Steam for its download).

Interesting ... everything but Watchdogs seems to be working with the Cyber Monday prices. So you can get Tropico + any other game on the list for $14. That's a pretty sweet deal, just too bad Watchdogs isn't working.

Remember you can also get physical copies on sale too ... so Assassin's Creed Rogue is $35 for an Xbox or Ps3 and will include a free PC game key. Not as good as Walmart's $25 but not bad if you wanted AC IV or III on PC along with it.

Thanks OP! Grabbed Tropico 5 and South Park! Now I just have to wait for stupid Uplay to update.

Edit: Wow, it only took a minute to update this time!

I bought Wolfenstein and took Black Flag as the free game. It charged my paypal, but I still haven't gotten any keys.
I just used Paypal and got my keys so I don't think there's any problem with Paypal if that helps narrow it down.

Also:

You have to use uplay (its a program like Origin and Steam) to get your key(s). Both games will show up in your games section and if you click on Wolfenstein and click play it should give you your steam key. I assume Black Flag is playable in uplay however, so you have to access it there.

Edit: Beaten badly by etcrane.

Edit 2: I got my keys in my confirmation e-mail. I guess you don't have to use uplay after all!

Prefer to stick with Steam games - does anyone know if the new Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris or Tales from the Borderlands activate on steam?  Looking for something to go with the South Park game.

Looks like Watchdogs is working. Still can't bring myself to pull the trigger though.

Also I think Steam is required for Lara Croft.

Prefer to stick with Steam games - does anyone know if the new Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris or Tales from the Borderlands activate on steam? Looking for something to go with the South Park game.
Lara Croft is your best bet. In the last year or so, Telltale started pushing their own DRM scheme on purchases outside of Steam so I wouldn't bet on Tales being a Steam key.

When does the site prompts you to choose your free game? I got to the page where I have to put my credit card information, and it didn't ask me anything so far.

Anyone just want Tropico 5 for $7, if it's possible to get steam keys? Only really interested in South Park.

As tempted as I am by Osiris + Watch Dogs for $18, I just can't pull the trigger. I've got enough of a Steam backlog; should I really start building a Uplay one? Besides, I'd have to pay with real money, not Steam card profits or discounted Xbox credit.

Looks like the sale ends on December 15. That should enough time for those who pre-ordered Lara Croft from this deal whether it gives you a Steam key for that game. It seems that a game that relies on multiplayer co-op would be best played in Steam.

Same here I am waiting to see if Osiris is a steam key or not. I definitely would buy both Osiris+Watch Dogs on PC for $9 each, but I won't buy Osiris if it's not the Steam version.

Same here I am waiting to see if Osiris is a steam key or not. I definitely would buy both Osiris+Watch Dogs on PC for $9 each, but I won't buy Osiris if it's not the Steam version.
I bought Osiris and South Park and received a steam key for both.

Anyone find out if Tales from the Borderlands is a Steam key?
I'd say it's highly likely to not be a Steam key. As with all recent Telltale stuff, most digital stores outside of Steam are selling a non-Steam version of it with Telltale DRM. In this case Gamersgate, Amazon and Greenmangaming are all selling it this way. Only the Humble Store is selling it as a Steam key.

UPlay is really, really terrible about detailing what sort of DRM a game has on their store pages but given that every other store besides Steam and Humble aren't selling the Steam version I would say odds are very high that UPlay is not.

From the reviews I've heard about the game, they probably did you a favor.
photo-333201.jpg

bread's done
Back