- - - - -

Uplay B1G1 free - Watch Dogs or South Park $9 on PC

uplay ubisoft ubistore

#31 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20363 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

Prefer to stick with Steam games - does anyone know if the new Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris or Tales from the Borderlands activate on steam?  Looking for something to go with the South Park game.

Lara Croft is your best bet.  In the last year or so, Telltale started pushing their own DRM scheme on purchases outside of Steam so I wouldn't bet on Tales being a Steam key.  

#32 facls   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   618 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

When does the site prompts you to choose your free game? I got to the page where I have to put my credit card information, and it didn't ask me anything so far.

#33 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2891 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

When does the site prompts you to choose your free game? I got to the page where I have to put my credit card information, and it didn't ask me anything so far.

Immediately after adding an eligible BOGO game to the cart.

#34 facls   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   618 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

Immediately after adding an eligible BOGO game to the cart.

Thanks! It's not working then here in Brazil, even though the promo is advertised in the Brazilian Ubi Shop.

#35 V4Oldboy   Vengeance 4 Oldboy CAGiversary!   3851 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

Anyone just want Tropico 5 for $7, if it's possible to get steam keys? Only really interested in South Park.

#36 fuze9   piddle patrol, assemble! CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

As tempted as I am by Osiris + Watch Dogs for $18, I just can't pull the trigger. I've got enough of a Steam backlog; should I really start building a Uplay one? Besides, I'd have to pay with real money, not Steam card profits or discounted Xbox credit.

#37 minimidgy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

Looks like the sale ends on December 15. That should enough time for those who pre-ordered Lara Croft from this deal whether it gives you a Steam key for that game. It seems that a game that relies on multiplayer co-op would be best played in Steam.

#38 AdmiralGialHackbar  

AdmiralGialHackbar

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:41 PM

I should probably just read the thread....  I'll just ask...  Are these steam keys?

#39 saturdaysun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

saturdaysun

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

I should probably just read the thread....  I'll just ask...  Are these steam keys?

Tropico and South Park are for sure.  Not sure about all of them.

#40 LurkerLito   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

LurkerLito

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:22 PM

Same here I am waiting to see if Osiris is a steam key or not. I definitely would buy both Osiris+Watch Dogs on PC for $9 each, but I won't buy Osiris if it's not the Steam version.

#41 robl2e  

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:40 AM

Same here I am waiting to see if Osiris is a steam key or not. I definitely would buy both Osiris+Watch Dogs on PC for $9 each, but I won't buy Osiris if it's not the Steam version.

I bought Osiris and South Park and received a steam key for both.

#42 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1545 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

Anyone find out if Tales from the Borderlands is a Steam key?

#43 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:53 AM

Anyone find out if Tales from the Borderlands is a Steam key?

I'd say it's highly likely to not be a Steam key. As with all recent Telltale stuff, most digital stores outside of Steam are selling a non-Steam version of it with Telltale DRM. In this case Gamersgate, Amazon and Greenmangaming are all selling it this way. Only the Humble Store is selling it as a Steam key.

UPlay is really, really terrible about detailing what sort of DRM a game has on their store pages but given that every other store besides Steam and Humble aren't selling the Steam version I would say odds are very high that UPlay is not.

#44 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3768 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:17 AM

From the reviews I've heard about the game, they probably did you a favor.

photo-333201.jpg?_r=1392260561