Target: Free amiibo with Captain Toad/Smash, $50 card w/ Wii U console, ACU or FC4 free with PS4 console

Rotuhiiri

CAGiversary!
http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/target-on-flyer-december-5-to-11/single/5

Amazon has matched these deals if you follow the links below.

Some pretty good deals I thought. The free amiibo offer is also valid for Mario Kart 8. (Amazon has matched this deal "in limited supplies", use "FREEAMIIBO" code at checkout).

The Wii U is $299 with Nintendoland and Mario 3D World and you get a $50 gift card if you buy it.

The PS4 is the TLoU bundle for $449 and you get to pick which free additional game you'd like between Assassin's Creed Unity and Far Cry 4. Amazon.ca has matched this deals and it seems you also get GTAV if you buy from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooo... how can I score my free amiibo from Amazon.ca if I pre-ordered Captain Toad during the E3 promo? It seems like those who pre-ordered the game are not invited to this party.

Sooooo... how can I score my free amiibo from Amazon.ca if I pre-ordered Captain Toad during the E3 promo? It seems like those who pre-ordered the game are not invited to this party.
Contact customer service. Don't know if this will actually help though since it was a different deal you took advantage of.

[quote name="Rotuhiiri" post="12301331" timestamp="1417795940"]Contact customer service. Don't know if this will actually help though since it was a different deal you took advantage of.[/quote]

I'll find out, I opened a chat with them because I'm curious too. I'm not going to push it though because I'm overall happy with the preorder deal I got during E3.

BTW: awesome price on the PS4 bundle.

Nope not eligible. Amiibo must be ordered at the same time as buying Capt Toad and the purchase price is discounted. If I really wanted to I suppose I could buy it and return the preorder copy, but since I got an $8 discount anyway - theres no way it's worth it.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00OP4QQOQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=15121&creative=390961&creativeASIN=B00OP4QQOQ&linkCode=as2

PlayStation 4 Holiday Bundle + Bonus Game
While supplies last, get a bonus Assassin's Creed Unity or Far Cry 4 game with purchase of the PlayStation 4 Grand Theft Auto + The Last of Us: Remastered bundle. Both the PlayStation 4 and game of your choice must be in your cart, and you must enter the promotion code GTAVGAME at checkout for offer to apply. Offer valid when shipped from and sold by Amazon.ca. Amazon reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time. Promotion benefit will be applied at checkout. Limit one per customer. 

Thanks OP. Picked up a Link Amiibo with Captain Toad at Target. I prefer to pick up Amiibos at the store because the paint job on these can vary wildly. Of the half dozen Links they had on hand, this one was the only one without his eyes being crossed. Likewise, you'll see a lot of imperfections on ones like Kirby and Villager.

Thanks OP. Picked up a Link Amiibo with Captain Toad at Target. I prefer to pick up Amiibos at the store because the paint job on these can vary wildly. Of the half dozen Links they had on hand, this one was the only one without his eyes being crossed. Likewise, you'll see a lot of imperfections on ones like Kirby and Villager.
This worries me, because I pre-ordered the Zelda Amiibo off Amazon to hit the $25 minimum for free shipping on something else.

Hopefully she turns out okay.

Iwata confirmed during an investors meeting that certain Amiibos will see a limited run. So you can look forward to Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer prices to keep climbing. Thankfully we have two of those three and have no desire for Marth. Ike on the other hand..

Iwata confirmed during an investors meeting that certain Amiibos will see a limited run. So you can look forward to Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer prices to keep climbing. Thankfully we have two of those three and have no desire for Marth. Ike on the other hand..
That kinda pisses me off honestly. That means if I want those 3, I'd have to be willing to pay absurd prices. Hopefully I can find stores that still sell all 3.

That kinda pisses me off honestly. That means if I want those 3, I'd have to be willing to pay absurd prices. Hopefully I can find stores that still sell all 3.
I don't have a problem with limiting quantities, I think not making the consumers aware of which ones are limited is a shit thing to do.

I don't have a problem with limiting quantities, I think not making the consumers aware of which ones are limited is a shit thing to do.
Retailers seem to get a heads up about which ones might be limited. My local EB Games is saying that while Zelda will be in decent supply this Friday, Diddy Kong and Little Mac will have limited availability. It also seems that for whatever reason, EB isn't doing amiibo pre-orders anymore. I have a feeling that amiibo launch days are going to wind up having a few people waiting outside the doors in the morning to grab all the new characters, but at least Nintendo has the decency to give actual release dates to their figures, unlike Activision, who soft-launches their Skylanders which even the most dedicated collector might miss if they blink.

amiibo just got a little more terrifying.  Today Nintendo removed the street date for the three new characters, allowing retailers to sell them immediately.  We're still two days away from what we thought was the release date, and my local store is already sold out of Diddy Kong, with a notice that they will not be receiving another shipment of them.  Done, gone, before the release date, and no pre-orders ever could or can be taken.

I heard that the reason Captain Falcon, Pit and Luigi weren't released is because of the ongoing west coast port issues.  When they finally make it into the company and get to store shelves (and who knows when that will be), apparently all three will be a one-time shipment of limited quantities.

I'm afraid.

amiibo just got a little more terrifying. Today Nintendo removed the street date for the three new characters, allowing retailers to sell them immediately. We're still two days away from what we thought was the release date, and my local store is already sold out of Diddy Kong, with a notice that they will not be receiving another shipment of them. Done, gone, before the release date, and no pre-orders ever could or can be taken.

I heard that the reason Captain Falcon, Pit and Luigi weren't released is because of the ongoing west coast port issues. When they finally make it into the company and get to store shelves (and who knows when that will be), apparently all three will be a one-time shipment of limited quantities.

I'm afraid.
Two questions;

1. What is the release date for Shulk?

2. How much stock does EB plan on receiving?

We're expecting Shulk to be an EB exclusive and for most of them to be gutted plus roughed up with a huge mark up.

Two questions;

1. What is the release date for Shulk?

2. How much stock does EB plan on receiving?
It's part of wave 3, which I think is coming in February. I don't know how many they'll get, but because it's retailer exclusive, I kind of expect it to be easier to obtain, since there's only only place you need to look. We'll see.

It's part of wave 3, which I think is coming in February. I don't know how many they'll get, but because it's retailer exclusive, I kind of expect it to be easier to obtain, since there's only only place you need to look. We'll see.
Just checked Gamestops' website. They have Shulk listed for 2/1/2015. I hope EB lists him.

bread's done
Back