CAGcast #389: Th*s Sh*t Su*ks!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Cheapy returns to NYC, Shipwreck and Wombat discuss Dragon Age: Inquisition, and many other things happen too!
Download (1 hour 16 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS

Thanks to our sponsor, RETRO Magazine

Coupon codes:

• CAGFREE - Free Digital Issues #2 and #4 of RETRO Magazine
  • CAGRETRO - $25 (USA), $35 (CAN), $45 (INTL) Print + Digital Subscription
https://audioboom.com/boos/2708124-cagcast-389-th-s-sh-t-su-ks

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Outro

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baby wipes, got to love them. The poor peoples beau de toilet.

Hey Cheapy, you could always use Wombat's home address and commute with your son to their school. Don't really know how far it is but might be an option until you get a permanent address. You might also consider using it long term if you find a nice place in a shitty school zone closer to Wombat's school zone. Anyway there are ways to work the system. 

If you liked walking dead you will love game of thrones. Borderlands is just OK though I am surprised Shipwreck doesn't own that one. 

I have been playing a lot of Dragon Age. I even paid $5 to play on EA access early. I have not encountered too many issues. Voice hasn't changed. Just made it to level 10 last night. I think one reason there may be issues is because it's probably mainly an upgraded Dragon Age 2. Yes it is a good game. I hated Dragon Age 2 so changes they made are in the right direction. 

By the way on Dragon Age: Just use world map to fast travel you don't have to go back to the war room. War Room is for "Inquisition" style actions. Are you guys using your perks? The 3rd or 4th thing I upgraded was inventory slots.

Good show. I don't live in times square or anything but I do live near train tracks,a police station and in a building with thin walls with a loud refrigerator and now I don't even notice any of the noise. Cheapy, you will either get used to the noise or get out before you go insane. Hope you find a nice place for reasonable price.

Wombat, did you link your Xbox One with the new Twitter features? That way they may notice that the fake Wombat Twitter isn't the same. Every little bit helps preventing trouble.

What happened to that crazy story that Cheapy was going to tell about the reason he was off the grid about a month ago.  He said he was saving it for the first CAGcast from NYC.  I know he's bummed out but that still would have been interesting to hear.

Good Lord, so much whining from Cheapy this episode! I almost couldn't stand it. Suck it up for a little while--you really don't have it that bad. Also, TCL actually makes pretty good TVs and they're pretty inexpensive. They were really big on Amazon for a while. One of my friends has two of them and they look good.

Thanks for the podcast, though--even with all the whining it's still the best gaming podcast around and I look forward to it every week(ish).

What happened to that crazy story that Cheapy was going to tell about the reason he was off the grid about a month ago. He said he was saving it for the first CAGcast from NYC. I know he's bummed out but that still would have been interesting to hear.
I need to figure out if/when that story is appropriate. Sorry about that.

Also, Mrs. Cheapy and I slept with earplugs in last night. It helped!

Cheapy I know that feel. I lived right in New Britain, CT a street away from the hospital. Ambulance/Cop noises 24/7, very noisy. It's jarring when you move from quiet to noisy. I'm sure things will get better, suck it up for a little bit Cheapy.

Cheapy, just out of curiosity, which carrier did you choose for your phone?
McDonald's also accepts Apple Pay, Google Wallet, or Microsoft Wallet.

In regards to the New 3DS question, if you still don't have one, you might as well wait. The new one improves on the old 3ds in every way. Plus, the price of the old 3ds is likely to drop when the new one comes out. So you'll either get a better device or likely save more money by waiting. If you waited this long, a few more months shouldn't change much.

Cheapy sounds down, he's going to miss Tokyo a lot I reckon.. I wonder what will happen with Tai and school? In terms of everything he's learnt already and the new school curriculum.

I think Mrs. Cheapy will have to compromise if Cheapy wants to have his dream apartment without having the breadmaker commute that far. But the decision will have to be ultimately hers to make.

I was thinking the Cheapys could move to Downtown Brooklyn, since Manhattan will always be too expensive. If you choose Downtown Brooklyn, you can get a Trader Joe's, Target, Barclay's Center, Fairway, and many other things that you can get in Manhattan. Train ride from Atlantic Avenue into midtown is about 30 minutes. Plus, the LIRR can also take you and Tai to where Wombat is, though Penn Station is where its at. Though you can always try Astoria, Queens?

It seems that all three were wise to not go to the PlayStation Experience. From the news I saw on Kotaku, it seems that half the games are Japanese games (which you three definitely do not like to play) and there's Day of the Tentacle.

On the RETRO Magazine subscription. They only take Visa/Mastercard. That's easily remedied by buying a $25 gift card, so the 1 year subscription actually costs $28. Which sounds like a good deal anyway.

So, on the Retro subscription... I used the CAGFREE code and instead of issues 2 and 4, it's giving me the most recent issue.  *shrug*

I also went ahead and used the other code for a fa'real subscription, but did so after noticing that, so confident that isn't related.

It's already been pointed out, but the H in horno is silent.

First Hawaii is boring, and now a paid-for apartment in Manhattan sucks. What tragedy will strike next in the lifestyle of the rich and famous CheapyD? :p

Something must have been going on with Pay Pal this weekend.  I had someone add a new address and credit card and tried to change my password this weekend.  I just went ahead and cancelled rather than be bothered.

As far as Dragon Age, you can buy and sell in the Hinterlands at the Crossroads.  In the other areas, you get keeps where you can do everything except the war table.  I stopped picking up everything, so I slowed my inventory getting filled so fast.  Also, hit those camps, switch out characters and update them with all of the best stuff and sell off garbage weapons and armor.  You can keep inventory pretty low without having to run back and forth a lot.  Don't forget to dump all the research stuff.  It takes up a lot of space.   

I need to figure out if/when that story is appropriate. Sorry about that.

Also, Mrs. Cheapy and I slept with earplugs in last night. It helped!
First off, great show! I'm sorry the move hasn't been quite as enjoyable as you would like. I would totally be griping about all of the same things too. Just out of curiosity, why did y'all decide to move to NYC?

You should check out the vastly superior Dallas/Ft. Worth area. You get the big city/modern feel with Dallas and the suburbs/family feel with Ft. Worth. Plus housing is pretty cheap, here is a 3 bed 2 bath house with 2400 square feet in Time's number one best city to live (McKinney) for only $245,000.

In regards to the New 3DS question, if you still don't have one, you might as well wait. The new one improves on the old 3ds in every way. Plus, the price of the old 3ds is likely to drop when the new one comes out. So you'll either get a better device or likely save more money by waiting. If you waited this long, a few more months shouldn't change much.
Yeah, basically, this.

First off, great show! I'm sorry the move hasn't been quite as enjoyable as you would like. I would totally be griping about all of the same things too. Just out of curiosity, why did y'all decide to move to NYC?

You should check out the vastly superior Dallas/Ft. Worth area. You get the big city/modern feel with Dallas and the suburbs/family feel with Ft. Worth. Plus housing is pretty cheap, here is a 3 bed 2 bath house with 2400 square feet in Time's number one best city to live (McKinney) for only $245,000.
Cheapy's already talked about why they made/were making the move. Mrs Cheapy was being overworked to hell in her Japan job, and Cheapy was tired of being a perpetual foreigner. They moved to NYC because that's where Mrs Cheapy got a job offer, and because Cheapy lived in New York in the past. I think it's too late to be linking information for them to move somewhere else.

Cheapy's already talked about why they made/were making the move. Mrs Cheapy was being overworked to hell in her Japan job, and Cheapy was tired of being a perpetual foreigner. They moved to NYC because that's where Mrs Cheapy got a job offer, and because Cheapy lived in New York in the past. I think it's too late to be linking information for them to move somewhere else.
Ahh, definitely makes sense. Thanks!

So, on the Retro subscription... I used the CAGFREE code and instead of issues 2 and 4, it's giving me the most recent issue. *shrug*

I also went ahead and used the other code for a fa'real subscription, but did so after noticing that, so confident that isn't related.
I wasn't that clear on the CAGFREE coupon, I tried it and got issue 4 only. Still a very nice magazine.
Only bringing this up again because I wasn't very clear with my first description, I got the new issue, #5, instead of 2 and 4. The description of what I was going to get when I used the CAGFREE code indicated that it was just for #4, but after using it, I actually got #5. Not dissatisfied, like I said, but I figured I'd give a heads up that it wasn't working correctly.

It's very difficult to live well in NYC without commuting or serious money.  You're going to have to compromise somewhere.  That's why I'm in the suburbs like Wombat.  I can understand the frustration and temporary housing definitely sucks but you guys are going to have to make some tough decisions fairly quickly

Move to Bakersfield California where all black holes take you, it'll be a lot closer to japan than in new york city :p

bread's done
Back