* * - - - 16 votes

Buy 2 Get 1 Free all amiibos at beast buy

#91 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:12 AM

I think I hate anyone who would buy these

Thats like the cherry on top of my collectable sundae. Delicious.

#92 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7550 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:18 AM

thanks op, but unfortunately , i don't have a beast buy where i live

Imma beast

Spoiler

Spoiler

#93 oper00   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:08 AM

beast buy is actually a slang at the Xavier Institute by the students that defined it as a monster purchase invented by Henry McCoy's intelligent use of economics and science

student 1: bruh buy 2 get 1 all amiibos!

student 2: that's such a beast buy!

#94 Electro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:13 AM

I bought my first 3 last night and I already hate myself.

#95 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:19 AM

I bought my first 3 last night and I already hate myself.

Yep, that's me.  And yet I also hate that I missed out on getting another set while still hating myself.

#96 lordlinx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

lordlinx

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:35 AM

Bought COD:AW, Halo:MCC and got Sunset Overdrive. Only paid $54 after rewards rewards certificate and GCU

#97 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:37 AM

Yeah I got Buy zero get three free.

#98 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:45 AM

beast buy is actually a slang at the Xavier Institute by the students that defined it as a monster purchase invented by Henry McCoy's intelligent use of economics and science

student 1: bruh buy 2 get 1 all amiibos!

student 2: that's such a beast buy!

i never heard of the Xavier Institute, is it like one of the ivy league colleges like Harvard?

#99 yamayama   •• Professional Beta Tester •• CAGiversary!   617 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:51 AM

I have 3 first wave amiibo (Samus, Link, and Fox) in my cart and none are showing up as free. Is this deal over?

I know the pre-order deal stopped working yesterday but I thought it still worked for the ones that are out already.

#100 Electro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:52 AM

Yeah it stopped last night.

#101 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1089 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

This needs to be moved to graveyard

#102 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11182 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

i never heard of the Xavier Institute, is it like one of the ivy league colleges like Harvard?

Charles Xaiver's School for Gifted Youngsters was the original school.
It was then renamed to Xaiver Institute when the Massachusetts Academy (which had been run by Emma Frost to train the Hellions- next generation Hellfire Club members) was renamed to Charles Xaiver's School for Gifted Youngsters.

Later, the Xaiver Institute was destroyed (again), and Xmen moved to San Francisco, dropped Magneto's Asteroid M from Earth's orbit and into San Francisco Bay, and claimed it a sovereign nation, dubbing it Utopia. 

Wolverine got sick of Cyclops shit and using young mutants as child soldiers, so he went back to the ruins of the Xavier Institute and built the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

#103 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4126 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

Well damn, now I'm just that much more driven to buy these. Thanks, mate.

#104 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   397 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

thanks op, but unfortunately , i don't have a beast buy where i live

But do you have internet and an address?

#105 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   397 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:11 PM

I can't wait to catch them all.  I love Nintendo.

#106 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

hahaha I also think Im an idiot for buying one of these. (I got the Wii fit trainer one shipped from BB yesterday). This sets a dangerous precedent because now Ill be wanting all the 'hard to find' ones. When these came out I swore Id never buy them. I never got into skylanders or disney infinite, but because its nintendo characters...it just makes it cooler 

#107 ctclements   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

I had just bought all of the 9 remaining amiibo that I didn't have on Amazon, got in bed, checked a few things on my iPad and then saw this deal.  Got out of bed, cancelled the Amazon order, bought the rest of wave 1, 2, and 3.  

I swore to myself I would only get 1 or 2 amiibo and now I have all of them.  Nintendo got me.

#108 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3044 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:08 PM

People were claiming some of these won't come back in stock earlier, but now I'm not so sure when analysts say that Nintendo will make 1 billion dollars off of these.

#109 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:19 PM

People were claiming some of these won't come back in stock earlier, but now I'm not so sure when analysts say that Nintendo will make 1 billion dollars off of these.

The Villager Amiibo thread had this posted on it

https://twitter.com/...7871361/photo/1

They will make more so if you have one that is valuable sell it now.

#110 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

The Villager Amiibo thread had this posted on it

https://twitter.com/...7871361/photo/1

They will make more so if you have one that is valuable sell it now.

yet there are articles like this where they have been updated with the official word from Nintendo that these figures will not have more made, only core characters like Mario and Link:

http://www.destructo...e--284688.phtml

#111 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1897 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:27 PM

I refuse to purchase any of these. I have nothing against them, and I'm glad you guys enjoy them, but I see them as kids toys and I'm an adult without kids at the moment. Maybe when I have kids I'll use that as an excuse.

#112 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

yet there are articles like this where they have been updated with the official word from Nintendo that these figures will not have more made, only core characters like Mario and Link:

http://www.destructo...e--284688.phtml

It's crazy to me to think that these would be unavailable since they already have the means of production set up.  I get shelf space issues, but that is less of a problem for online sales.  All these retailers (walmart, best buy, target, tru, amazon, gamestop, etc) sell certain items exclusively online so I don't buy "shelf space issues" as an actual problem.  

I do admit that Nintendo likes their items to hold value rather than drive a game ip into the ground like EA, Ubisoft, Activision, and others, so I guess I could believe that it could happen.

#113 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:45 PM

It's crazy to me to think that these would be unavailable since they already have the means of production set up.  I get shelf space issues, but that is less of a problem for online sales.  All these retailers (walmart, best buy, target, tru, amazon, gamestop, etc) sell certain items exclusively online so I don't buy "shelf space issues" as an actual problem.  

I do admit that Nintendo likes their items to hold value rather than drive a game ip into the ground like EA, Ubisoft, Activision, and others, so I guess I could believe that it could happen.

Yeah it makes no sense lol...but Kotaku also just posted the same quote from destructiod, so these may not be made anymore. I wish theyd just come out and say which ones are going and which will stick around. Oh well, I am just gonna get the ones I really want, just saves me some money in the long run.

http://kotaku.com/ni...-run-1668352067

#114 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

Yeah it makes no sense lol...but Kotaku also just posted the same quote from destructiod, so these may not be made anymore. I wish theyd just come out and say which ones are going and which will stick around. Oh well, I am just gonna get the ones I really want, just saves me some money in the long run.

http://kotaku.com/ni...-run-1668352067

I was waiting for them to go on a B2G1 sale before buying any.  I did get 12 of them when the glitch was still active, but obviously all these hard to get ones were gone.  The only one I really want is Rosalina so I'll get that from Target when they have it available.  I'll probably just put the rest up on my shelf.

I already have a lot of rare stuff (more stuff than I really even want) so I'll just have to let this one go.

#115 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4126 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:59 PM

I think it just baffles me that the Villager Amiibo was around for less than two weeks, it seems.

I wanted one, but I wasn't ready to drop more money than the game itself at launch, so I was planning on picking it up sometime between November 21st and the end of the year.

But if they've gone through their entire run and that's it, I guess I won't be owning one. I refuse to pay over MSRP & Tax with a few bucks for shipping. It's a shame, really, because I feel like Nintendo is leaving a lot of money on the table by not keeping these well stocked.

#116 Beatles   Cartoon Character CAGiversary!   4349 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

Can this be moved to the deal graveyard it hurts thinking its working again every time its bumped

I know, irony, I'm complaining about bumping it while i bump it

#117 predseth   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

Newest story is pretty definitive that there won't be any more WFT, Marth, or Villager. http://www.wired.com...o-discontinued/

#118 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:26 PM

I like that people ignore the fact that Nintendo has said they are NOT discontinued.

#119 gnoh  

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:33 PM

Newest story is pretty definitive that there won't be any more WFT, Marth, or Villager. http://www.wired.com...o-discontinued/

Ionno man, I got TWO Nintendo reps that told me the exact opposite. Not gonna reveal my sources of course, journalistic integrity and what not.

#120 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1515 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:38 PM

I like that people ignore the fact that Nintendo has said they are NOT discontinued.

Doesn't help when people at Nintendo say the exact opposite. There is no definitive answer at this point.