- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/4 to 1/10)

#91 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2849 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:32 PM

I have Evil Within, but I've only played the first level. Is it worth the extra $20 to trade it in for Dying Light, or should I stick it out with Evil Within?

Maybe try just plowing through the rest of it asap, but honestly it only gets worse as it goes on.

#92 JaTaN   ... CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

Anyone know if the $10 off Dying Light coupon will combine with 20% off GCU & $10 preorder bonus?

$60 - $10 trade in cpn - 20% off GCU = $40+tax w/ $10 rewards

#93 x360x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

Anyone know if the $10 off Dying Light coupon will combine with 20% off GCU & $10 preorder bonus?

$60 - $10 trade in cpn - 20% off GCU = $40+tax w/ $10 rewards

Yeah it does

#94 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:56 PM

Is there a cheap flip option?

#95 x360x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

I'm just gonna do cod since with gcu and tax its like a $1 loss in trade value, but overall it makes it about $9 off the game. I dont have any more gs credit but i doubt their used prices are any good to make it better.

#96 KOPITARRULEZ_11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

KOPITARRULEZ_11

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

advanced warfare is 32 with GCU flip it back for 33

#97 Nealocus123   That's Vagtastic! CAGiversary!   1316 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Nealocus123

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

Might bite with Unity.

#98 lilbuddy  

lilbuddy

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

So best deal is buy COD for $32, trade it in for $33 + $10 coupon, reserve Dying Light and get $10, the. Buy for $52 when it comes out? Out of pocket $31 for the new game.

#99 x360x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

So best deal is buy COD for $32, trade it in for $33 + $10 coupon, reserve Dying Light and get $10, the. Buy for $52 when it comes out? Out of pocket $31 for the new game.

Do you have gcu, because you only get $33 with gcu, but the price you mentioned to buy it for would be less if you have gcu. With gcu your cost is basically $30, without it its around $40.

#100 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

Isn't that math a little off? Dying Light is (in FL) $51 after GCU. Trade in CoD for $33 towards DL. Wouldn't that make it $51-$33 = $18 oop?

#101 Worseley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

This will work the same as with the Ghost Trade-in that Advanced Warfare had.

The $10 off coupon brings the game to $50,

GCU drops it to $40 (20% off $50)

and the $10 pre-order giftcard brings the end price to $30.

Truth is the $10 coupon only nets you $8 when your using GCU.   Add in the extra tax for buying in store, the effort of trading in a game, putting $$ down in store and picking up Dying Light (2 store trips).    It may not be worth it.

It's worth it if any of these games on the list cost $10 and net the $20 minimum + $10 coupon. 

But since the coupon reduces the price of the game before GCU is applied, your only getting $8 off, not $10 vs getting the game with GCU w/o coupon.

#102 lilbuddy  

lilbuddy

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

Do you have gcu, because you only get $33 with gcu, but the price you mentioned to buy it for would be less if you have gcu. With gcu your cost is basically $30, without it its around $40.

I have many many years of GCU.

#103 StupidGonzo85   Noob CAGiversary!   349 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

StupidGonzo85

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

Checking craigslist right now and spotted a copy of fifa 15 on ps4 for $20. Hopefully its still available.

#104 x360x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

I have many many years of GCU.

Ok, Worseley broke it down really well, but basically what I said before works too. I ordered cod for store pickup and I had $15 in certificates so later today I'll have to head over. Not sure exactly how to trade it in since I guess I could head to the car to open it then come back in to trade it in. It'll be kinda awkward since its all the same employees

#105 Worseley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

Ok, Worseley broke it down really well, but basically what I said before works too. I ordered cod for store pickup and I had $15 in certificates so later today I'll have to head over. Not sure exactly how to trade it in since I guess I could head to the car to open it then come back in to trade it in. It'll be kinda awkward since its all the same employees

There was a promo on Ghost/Destiny last time.   I told them I wanted to trade Ghost in and keep Destiny and they didn't even blink.   Didn't even ask me to open Ghost.    Though they know there is always something happening when I visit.

I'm going to pass on this promo, just isn't worth the extra hassle for probably only $5 off after taxes.

#106 x360x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

There was a promo on Ghost/Destiny last time. I told them I wanted to trade Ghost in and keep Destiny and they didn't even blink. Didn't even ask me to open Ghost. Though they know there is always something happening when I visit.

I'm going to pass on this promo, just isn't worth the extra hassle for probably only $5 off after taxes.

Oh. The only coupon deal I've done before was for Madden just to flip madden but that was with used gs copies. I wasn't gonna get dying light but with this deal, no games and a lot of free time, no point in passing on it

#107 PandaJohnson  

PandaJohnson

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

What happens if GCU is applied and then you bring up your coupons and/or trade credits. Does their system not register the transaction? Either way am taking advantage of this. I purchased NBA 2k15 during black Friday  for 25 dollars and have not touch it since. 29.70 trade in value + 10 off. I'll be paying 10-12 dollars out of pocket and receive the pre-order certificate for the dying light.

#108 Worseley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

Coupons get treated as Rewards Certs.   It'll discount the item, then apply GCU.

#109 x360x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

Just got back from bb. I picked up cod and since I had to cancel some other preorders, I just left those receipts in the car, and went back in after opening cod to trade it in, cancel the things and preorder dying light.

#110 PandaJohnson  

PandaJohnson

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

Just got back from bb. I picked up cod and since I had to cancel some other preorders, I just left those receipts in the car, and went back in after opening cod to trade it in, cancel the things and preorder dying light.

How is the 10 dollar off coupon given to you? Do they print it out on the spot?

#111 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2849 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

The ultimate joke here is that you guys are doing this for Dying Light, of all things. You know, since Techland and Dead Island have such good track records.

#112 x360x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

How is the 10 dollar off coupon given to you? Do they print it out on the spot?

Yeah it prints off along with the receipt they give to you and the one you have to sign. All on normal printer paper

#113 Worseley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

Coupons print out with the receipt for trading in the games in question.   So after your done with the trade in, one of those pieces of paper being printed out will be the coupon.

Then to use the coupon you must pre-order the game (put $$$ down) on the game then/there.   When you pick up the game, you give them the coupon and it'll drop the price of the game to $50.   Your deposit is then taken off the $50 total, then GCU is applied.

This is where myself and others got really upset since they treated $$$ down as a coupon and applied GCU after.   If they fixed this issue I don't know.

#114 x360x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:19 PM

Does that $10 off dying light coupon print out automatically after the trade in's done or do you have to mention it to the employee? Any chance of BB nuking cod AW tomorrow if a lot of people trade that in today?

I brought it up to the guy when he read off my total and he's like yeah the dying light trade up promo or something like that. I assume it's already checked off/goes through automatically when it knows the game is on the list. I'd mention to the worker to be sure as they're doing it

#115 fluffynumkins   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   366 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

fluffynumkins

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

Coupons print out with the receipt for trading in the games in question. So after your done with the trade in, one of those pieces of paper being printed out will be the coupon.

Then to use the coupon you must pre-order the game (put $$$ down) on the game then/there. When you pick up the game, you give them the coupon and it'll drop the price of the game to $50. Your deposit is then taken off the $50 total, then GCU is applied.

This is where myself and others got really upset since they treated $$$ down as a coupon and applied GCU after. If they fixed this issue I don't know.

Im pretty sure you dont need to preorder the gane to use the coupon. But preordering it is in yoir best interest

#116 lilbuddy  

lilbuddy

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

You have to tell them to print the $10 coupon. There is a box they check.

#117 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

Traded in the COD:AW i got at microsoft store a few weeks ago for $20, already finished the campaign a while back and haven't touched MP much so why not.  You can preorder at the customer service desk where you trade, just make sure they attach your rewards zone info to the preorder so you get the $10 bonus.  If you don't preorder at the customer service desk you can just go to the gaming area and grab a $5 preorder card and do a normal checkout with that, they are usually next to the interactive giant touchscreen kiosk.

The coupon you get is only good from 1/25 - 1/31, and you pick up and pay for your preorder from the customer service area.  Make sure the math is done correctly when you do at the end of the month, a lot of times they screw up the $5 preorder deposit:

$59.99 game

- 10 coupon

- $5 preorder

= $45 

- 20% GCU

= $35.99 + tax out the door

it might be 20% gcu before $5 which would make it $34.99 + tax, not sure.  You'll also get back 500 RZ points after 3 weeks so $26+$5 (preorder) + tax, even if the game sucks can't really beat that price especially if it trades in decently.

Also the $10 coupon will probably make the movers coupon not work, i don't remember from Madden if people were able to use it or not...

#118 KOPITARRULEZ_11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

KOPITARRULEZ_11

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

So tried an adjustment on advanced warfare first the guy was hesitant because he said games are not included in the holiday return period but than some other guy came up and did it but the bummer the adjustment came off the price from the coupon not the price it was before the coupon so I don't know if the system will double dip with the 10 dollar coupon

#119 PandaJohnson  

PandaJohnson

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:19 PM

The ultimate joke here is that you guys are doing this for Dying Light, of all things. You know, since Techland and Dead Island have such good track records.

If the game is terrible I can trade it back for 40 (44 with gcu), which covers the cost of the entire game while also earning points towards another 5 dollar certificate.

#120 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7868 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:31 PM

Ok quick question. I missed the PSN sale on the Walking Dead games last week and would like to get them eventually. I do already have the first one on my 360 digitally. It doesn't matter what system I get it for since I have both and I would also like to pick up The Wolf Among Us. I do have enough in gift cards to cover the price and I also have GCU. I also have a 8+ game backlog got both systems. Should I get them now for $51 total after taxes or should I wait it out for another digital sale on one of the systems?

Thanks