Gaming Headset Opinions needed please

karmathegreat

CAGiversary!
I'm currently looking for a Gaming headset I can use for Xbox One and PS4, and possibly last gen PS3 and XB360 as well. 

I have done a tone of research and am astounded at the options out there now for gaming headsets.

(Astro A40) $149.00 BestBuy $250 mixamp kit ) I have narrowed it down to a few different options and want to get the best bang for my buck. I really like the reputation and track record of the Astro A40  although they are really expensive for the pack with the mixamp I could buy the A40 seperate and buy a mixamp later on down the road but would also have to purchase the chat adapter for xbox one ontop of the $149.99 price tag. 

(TurtleBeach XO Seven $139.99 NewEgg $105.00 Refurb) I like the reviews and look of the XO Seven although they are just as expensive as the Astro set, they do  come with the chat adapter for Xbox one so that would save some money as well. Also have found Factory Refurbished versions of this headset for cheaper although not sure if its worth the savings of going brand new. 

(PDP AfterGlow Karga $88.58 Amazon) I have checked these out at my Local Walmart and am pretty impressed with the sound quality but haven't had hands on with others to compare. they look nice but the light thing is gimmicky and I would never use it. I'm not sure how well the retractable mic would hold up over time and if they are a wise choice over a turtle beach or astro. 

(Microsoft Xbox Stereo headset$49.99 Gamestop) Not crazy about the look of this headset but I know Microsoft should be decent build quality and sound I've heard they are pretty good but haven't ever demo a pair for sound quality and fit. 

(Sony Gold Wireless Headset $89.88 BH photo) I have heard a lot of good things about these as well although I'm not crazy about the style and oversized ear cups, they are completely wireless on PS4 and would work on xbox one with chat adapter but would have to buy that separate once again.

any opinions would be greatly appreciated guys thanks in advance and please share your experience with any of these or other options you suggest for use with both systems. 

Astros and Turtle Beaches both work great in my experience, I prefer the build of the turtle beaches though. 

I havent used the gold headset but a few buddies have them/love them

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back