Funding OMNIBUS! and your ideas....

egofed

CAGiversary!
Reading and listening to all the talking heads debate the Omnibus and possible gov't shutdown has really driven home to me personally the lack of a political party that represents me. First off, none of the bastards voting on it have read and understood all the add on pork and spoils built in to it, yet alone the main tenets it includes.

Next, I hate regulations as much as the next Libertarian, but to overturn regs put in place after the last bailout seems crazy. The banks are crazy greedy to think that taxpayer money should be used to insure them and bail them out if they conduct risky derivative trading and the like. They want it both ways, the safety net of the gov't while still having the power to gamble on high risk products.  It is like people on welfare demanding there right to reproduce while having to live off of other people's money. Crazy town indeed. We should pull all gov't backed insurances totally and tell them to have at it. Rise and fall on your own merits. Freddie and Fannie are pushing to give more mortgages to lower income people again as well. Hello 2008!

I am against the President's immigration executive action as well. This quote from Obama fits the situation very, very well.

“I taught constitutional law for ten years. I take the Constitution very seriously. The biggest problems that were facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all, and that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m President of the United States of America.”

Hilarious. Right?

So what party actually wants smaller gov't? The Tea Party? Libertarians want totally open borders, but only if we do away with welfare. Open borders and a generous welfare system equal wayyyy more debt and unfunded programs.

Ok, I'm rambling a bit now, so I'll wrap it up by asking this. If you were made supreme dictator of the US, what policies would you enact to make it a better country and fix all our woes? Socially, militarily, budget wise, tax rates, etc. I think it will be interesting to see people's ideas and might enlighten us in future interactions. I guess if you fall lock step totally with a party platform then you can just list its link.

Last edited by a moderator:
That liberal harpy Elizabeth Warren is on the news again voicing opposition to the bill because of the pork that includes making our Wall Street friends not liable for their catastrophic mistakes. Hey job creators are taxpayers too.

That liberal harpy Elizabeth Warren is on the news again voicing opposition to the bill because of the pork that includes making our Wall Street friends not liable for their catastrophic mistakes. Hey job creators are taxpayers too.
I hope they get her to run for president.

Since they are trying to talk Jeb into running, that would be the best shot for him to not lose.

The thing that gets me about her, is that people say Ted Cruz is extreme, have they ever listened to her open her mouth? At least Ted Cruz stands up for Americans and tries to do what is right. Warren should just walk around with a swastika on her sleeve.

bread's done
Back