* * * * * 2 votes

The Official 2015 Yard Sale Thread Post your finds!

yard sale garage sale hauls 2015 scan shaming retro collection retro games garage sales yard sales

#181 dasme313   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   365 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:54 AM

Tomorrow is my first legit yard sailing day of the year and I feel like I'm out of practice! Good luck everyone, we'll all meet here tomorrow with tales of glory and hopefully pictures.

On a side note... A moving company by me had an auction yesterday... I bought a ridiculous amount of boxes for $127. So far, the noteworthy things are a Bose Wave Radio w/ CD changer, some really nice chop block knife set, and a 14kt gold necklace (another box had two sets of skin colored foam lady chests, and about 8 leisurely woman toys... didn't want you think it was all good stuff) !  My favorite, though, was a box marked "bar". I paid $20 for that and about 9 other boxes in one lot. The "bar" box had 36 bottles of liquour & liqueur, most of them sealed.  Now to get to the other two thirds of the boxes before I pass out  -_- .  

#182 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1431 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:01 AM

Was gonna put this in Craigslist Stupidity Thread but it fits here. Guys you def dont want to miss this sale, check out those sweet prices!!!

http://stlouis.craig...4993871820.html

I am having a garage sale at 305 Merle Dr. Troy, Mo, from 7am - 1pm (Please, No Early Birds) and I am selling a ton of video game things. Besides the list and what's in the picture. I have quite a few other games that will be available. 

VIDEO GAMES

- Original Nintendo (NES) w/ 2 Controllers, Hook Ups, New Pins & 10 games - $100 (SOLD)
- Nintendo 64 (N64) w/ 1 Controller, Hook Ups, Expansion Pak & 2 games - $50
- Nintendo 64 (N64) w/ 1 Controller, Hook Ups, Regular Transfer Pak & 2 Games - $40
- Nintendo Game Cube (NGC) w/ 1 Controller, Hook Ups & 2 Games - $35
- Nintendo Wii (in the box) w/ 1 Controller, 1 Nunchuck & Hook Ups (sorry, no games) - $65
- Nintendo DS Light (NDS) w/ Wall Charger & 10 Games (in cases, most with manuals) - $55
- Playstation 2 (PS2) (Phat Model) w/ 1 Controller, Hook Ups & 30 Games - $60
- Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP w/ 8 Games (sorry, no charger) - $25
- 2 Atari 2600 Systems (1 small & 1 big) w/ 5 Joysticks, 2 Paddles, Hook Ups (only 1 AC Adapter) & 68 Games - $100
- Also have a bunch of various Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360 & Computer / PC Games (PS1, Intellivision & PC Games are Pictured with the movies. Some 360 & PS3 games are double pictured)
- A Few Strategy Guides

#183 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:16 AM

I was at C2E2 today, so no sales for me. I dropped $265 on comics. Mad at myself, but there were not a lot of deals at the convention. Easily $1,000 resale value, but still a lot to pay out at once.

Doesn't look like there are many sales tomorrow. I'll probably go back to the convention on Sunday and try to buy some super cheap comics.

EDIT: A guy had a booth with games. $30 for a greatest hits KH on PS2. $50 for the generic GC controllers from five below.

#184 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10867 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:26 AM

Saw a sale that had advertised games. I had his morning off from work so I headed there. Guy had a bunch of n64, ps1, and a few Wii/ps3/SNES games for sale. They were $3 a piece. The ps3/wii games weren't anything intersting. The N64 games were common as well.

I did snag Digimon World disc only, Battlezone N64, Gran Tursimo complete, and Legend of Legaia complete for $10

#185 dasme313   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   365 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:36 PM

Guys, I did it. Wii U pics coming soon.

#186 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2163 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

This weekend was a rain out. Next weekend there are community sales and great weather is expected.

#187 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

I got some good media today, only 1 game. Pics in 2021.

#188 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3650 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

Today was decent.

:360: Halo 4 - $1 (Actually regretting this purchase, lol)

:360: Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse - $2

:360: Borderlands GOTY Edition (2 disc) - $3

:360: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - $3 (Selling this, I hate CoD)

:360: Dragon Age II - $3

:360: Alan Wake - $2

:wii: Mario Kart Wii - $2

:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns - $2

:dvd: Beavis and Butthead: The Mike Judge Collection Vol. 1 - $1
:br: Spider-Man 3 - $1 (Brand New)

#189 strawyleader997   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

strawyleader997

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

I went to about 5 sales today and got:

Shadow Hearts(no manual)-$3
NHL 12, NHL 13, Nicktoons MLB-$5 for all of them(Xbox 360)

#190 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

Got these for $25 seems a lot but everything is overpriced in California lol NH9KrEe.png

GS sells KH for either $35 or $40. Theatrhyrhm: CC is $25 used at GS.

#191 dasme313   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   365 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:45 PM

Today was awesome. 

First gaming find; two kids were selling their DS's. Both were nervous about saying a price. The boy decided on $5 for the DSi and bottom row of games, the girl decided on $5 for the DS & top row of games. I gave them $15 each.

Spoiler

A little later I saw a small backpacker guitar at a sale and stopped. Ended up getting a Luna backpacker for $20, I love it, and it's my second favorite find of the day. The same sale also had a Wii with a couple games for $20 (also have the cables, just not pictured).

Spoiler

At around 1pm I stopped at a sale and looked around. Saw one PS1 game on the table and said to the man running it "Ahh, I must have missed all the other game stuff." The guy had just thrown out a laptop bag, he reached in and grabbed it, saying he was throwing it out because he didn't have the system for it... He opens it up and for $1 I got.

Spoiler

Ended up with another Wii around 2pm. I was looking at some cables / power supplies a woman had and she said she had some older Mac software in the shed. She offered to let me look and I figured I might as well. Didn't end up with any software, but while we were there she pulled all this out and told me she wanted $25.  The Wii Sports/Resort combo & Wii Fit Plus games are missing, but everything else was there including 2 more Wiimotes in the box, and 2 sealed Wiimotes!

Spoiler

Around 2:30, I bought a Gameboy Advance SP for $10. The woman wanted $5 for each of the games she was selling and there was nothing there I wanted (all games geared toward young girls). As I'm walking away, she tells me to wait, and open my bag. She dumps the 8 GBA games in my bag, saying they're useless to her since they sold all lthe game boys.

My favorite find of the day was around 11:00. It was way down a road that I wasn't even sure would have a yard sale. I almost didn't stop, but the mom and son looked disappointed, like everyone else had just been passing (probably all in my head, but I know some young kids get excited when people look at the stuff they have for sale). It's then I see the games... Two sports games for Xbox One, a few Wii games and a few WIII U GAMES. Asked the price, he said $5 each. He was also selling the Wii U Console for $110. I hadn't noticed since it was in a tub under the table. I ended up passing on the Xbox one games, and he also had a red 3dsxl for $80... it looked like he never used it.

So, for $155 I got (cables aren't in the pic)

Spoiler

Ended up stopping back at the sale later to see if he had any 3DS games we wanted to sell. Ended up getting this for $3. I'm hoping he didn't wipe the save data lol. 

Spoiler

Also got a Commodore VIC 20 for $10, it had a few games and all the cables... but I'm still not sure why I bought it. I got a few other things as well, but this was all my gaming stuff. Absolutely floored for my first real yard sale week of the year.

#192 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3650 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:25 PM

Lucky bastard post.

^ I really want to kick you in the throat.

#193 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:30 PM

Today was awesome. 

First gaming find; two kids were selling their DS's. Both were nervous about saying a price. The boy decided on $5 for the DSi and bottom row of games, the girl decided on $5 for the DS & top row of games. I gave them $15 each.

Spoiler

A little later I saw a small backpacker guitar at a sale and stopped. Ended up getting a Luna backpacker for $20, I love it, and it's my second favorite find of the day. The same sale also had a Wii with a couple games for $20 (also have the cables, just not pictured).

Spoiler

At around 1pm I stopped at a sale and looked around. Saw one PS1 game on the table and said to the man running it "Ahh, I must have missed all the other game stuff." The guy had just thrown out a laptop bag, he reached in and grabbed it, saying he was throwing it out because he didn't have the system for it... He opens it up and for $1 I got.

Spoiler

Ended up with another Wii around 2pm. I was looking at some cables / power supplies a woman had and she said she had some older Mac software in the shed. She offered to let me look and I figured I might as well. Didn't end up with any software, but while we were there she pulled all this out and told me she wanted $25.  The Wii Sports/Resort combo & Wii Fit Plus games are missing, but everything else was there including 2 more Wiimotes in the box, and 2 sealed Wiimotes!

Spoiler

Around 2:30, I bought a Gameboy Advance SP for $10. The woman wanted $5 for each of the games she was selling and there was nothing there I wanted (all games geared toward young girls). As I'm walking away, she tells me to wait, and open my bag. She dumps the 8 GBA games in my bag, saying they're useless to her since they sold all lthe game boys.

My favorite find of the day was around 11:00. It was way down a road that I wasn't even sure would have a yard sale. I almost didn't stop, but the mom and son looked disappointed, like everyone else had just been passing (probably all in my head, but I know some young kids get excited when people look at the stuff they have for sale). It's then I see the games... Two sports games for Xbox One, a few Wii games and a few WIII U GAMES. Asked the price, he said $5 each. He was also selling the Wii U Console for $110. I hadn't noticed since it was in a tub under the table. I ended up passing on the Xbox one games, and he also had a red 3dsxl for $80... it looked like he never used it.

So, for $155 I got (cables aren't in the pic)

Spoiler

Ended up stopping back at the sale later to see if he had any 3DS games we wanted to sell. Ended up getting this for $3. I'm hoping he didn't wipe the save data lol. 

Spoiler

Also got a Commodore VIC 20 for $10, it had a few games and all the cables... but I'm still not sure why I bought it. I got a few other things as well, but this was all my gaming stuff. Absolutely floored for my first real yard sale week of the year.

I would kill to see some sales like these here in Southern California 

#194 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   588 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:40 PM

Today, I found some SWEET hauls!!!!

At an estate sale I found by chance, I bagged a Super Nintendo system with all cords, 2 controllers and the following games:

Super Mario World

Mario is Missing

Super Mario Kart

Pilot Wings

Nolan Ryan Baseball

and...the silver tuna...

Zombies Ate My Neighbors!

All for $25!

Boo yah!

I also found a tres cool vintage Lisa Frank tin with kittens on it.

#195 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1831 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:16 PM

^ I really want to kick you in the throat.

Seriously. Do tell, was that Game Boy Advance SP one of the AGB-101 models? I've been dying to get my hands on one of those. It HURTS to play action games on a Game Boy Micro.

#196 yourlefthand   Daddy Gamer CAGiversary!   1762 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

yourlefthand

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:30 AM

I think I did ok.

xbox 360s (white kinect sports bundle) - $40

animal crossing (gc) - $1

sonic adventure 2 battle - $1

lord of the rings conquest ps3 - $1

donkey kong country returns - $1

Kirby's return to dreamland - $1

Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass = $1

PS2 bundle with piles of ps2 and ps1 games (including silent hill, diablo, and doom) - $20

Giant Boulder SE bike for my daughter - $20

I'm now looking for a HDD for the 360 in case I decide to keep it.

#197 handydiamond  

handydiamond

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:14 AM

Since I was not getting anywhere with the kitchen purge, I ended up in the library and found this ... I don't know if it is expensive . I think it should be, but I am about to check amazon now. 

pearl harbor.jpg

I asked where we got it and it was from a yard sale too! lol. I think it was at one of the yard sales that are done in the office or probably a white elephant. My wife used to work at parachutetech and my guess that's where she got it because one of our lamps is from the sale. I don't know if I should sell this. Maybe if it is worth anything. 

#198 handydiamond  

handydiamond

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:15 AM

I think I did ok.

PS2 bundle with piles of ps2 and ps1 games (including silent hill, diablo, and doom) - $20

I'd love to take "Legend of Zelda" off your hands. :) 

#199 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1831 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:08 AM

I think I did ok.

Return to Dream Land? Augh, expletive deleted! Nintendo needs to hurry the hell up and release this for the Wii U already. I will give you money, Nintendo. You give me the game. It's a really simple equation.

#200 yourlefthand   Daddy Gamer CAGiversary!   1762 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

yourlefthand

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:47 AM

Since I was not getting anywhere with the kitchen purge, I ended up in the library and found this ... I don't know if it is expensive . I think it should be, but I am about to check amazon now. 

attachicon.gifpearl harbor.jpg

I asked where we got it and it was from a yard sale too! lol. I think it was at one of the yard sales that are done in the office or probably a white elephant. My wife used to work at parachutetech and my guess that's where she got it because one of our lamps is from the sale. I don't know if I should sell this. Maybe if it is worth anything. 

Just to save other people looking, listings for that book start at $0.01 on Amazon. :(

#201 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3650 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:24 AM

Seriously. Do tell, was that Game Boy Advance SP one of the AGB-101 models? I've been dying to get my hands on one of those. It HURTS to play action games on a Game Boy Micro.

I could hook you up for a fair price.

#202 Twista48   Shabadoobie Showtime CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

20150425_135121_zpstofizilh.jpg

picked up an SNES for $7, doesnt have any power or AV cables but ive already ordered some for it. now to find some cheap games 

wish I had the luck of findong OG Xboxs with controllers cause I desperately need a new controller for my Xbox but all the ones I find are broke as hell

#203 Dokstarr   Tap, Snap or Nap CAGiversary!   2231 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

The town-wide sale like 20 minutes away was mostly a bust. I saw some games but people were not willing to haggle at all. $45 for GTA V for 360, $20 a game for a bunch of music games, wanting $35 for Blue Dragon for 360, etc.

The woman running the sale asked me after I was walking away how much a game like that is normally worth at a sale. I already said I wasn't interested but said probably a buck or two. She said wow and told me how she paid like 50 bucks for it for Jr. and she saw online it is worth a lot but maybe she would try to drop the price.

The prices were so high at some places I didn't even try to haggle. Like where to go when someone wants $75 dollars for a Guitar Hero/Rock Band set. I can't remember which it was - it was just high enough that I was like eff that. Even the DVDs were crazy. Disney DVDs for $10. Bleh

I have never been yardsaling in a real rich area before. Like I usually do it in a nice area with nice houses, but I've never been to that many houses that were easily over a million dollars. One person told me that they thought their games were probably at either the beach house or the ski cabin, but they couldn't remember which one.

I ended up doing better when I hit up two sales close to my house at about 1 pm.

All and all this is what I got.

$30 tub of about 40 - 45 skylanders with 3 games and two portals

$2 new sealed Linksys wireless printer server

$6 N64 remote (needs analog) and a sealed pack of SNK stickers from 1988 (Double Dragon, Iron Tank and a few others)

$8 Xbox 360 guitar, Wii guitar, and a Wii Guitar Hero game (more than I usually pay but the guitars have proven to be a very easy flip usually)

$3 new sealed Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time Kite (definitely the find of the day)

#204 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:02 PM

I had a decent day saling yesterday. Nothing super amazing, but some good finds.

The first sale I rolled up to had advertised video games, and there were two other guys who rolled up at the same time as me that had my exact same look. Yeesh, I'm starting to feel like a stereotype. At any rate, it was just some kids' Wii games, the woman said her little one didn't want to part with his good stuff. Legit.

Next was a yard sale I had been invited to through a friend on Facebook that advertised games, comics, and movies. They had a small bin of games and I picked up the stuff below for $30. A little higher than I'd like, but it's a friend of friend that might have more games at some point plus it's mainly for MAGFest. I also picked up a Pelican Gamecube fight stick for $2 and a gardening book for the wife for $1.

20150425_113358_zpsb6yx917x.jpg

I had to be back early so my wife could have the car, but there were a few sales in my neighborhood so I packed up the kiddo and started walking. The first was a multi-family sale a few blocks away, and they brought out some PS3 and 360 games as soon as I was walking up. I picked up Soul Calibur V (PS3) and Perfect Dark (360) for $15. Also, I overheard them talking about how there was a guy there earlier asking about video games, so it looks like I definitely have competition in my home neighborhood. Probably the guy who's trying his hand at a nerd collectables store.

And last I walked up to a little community flea market at a nearby school. There wasn't a ton of game stuff, but I did pick up Katamari Damacy CiB and Robotech Battlecry, both for PS2, for $1 total.

#205 strawyleader997   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1035 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

strawyleader997

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

Went to one sale today and got:

2 - Sprint cars world of outlaws(complete)(sells for $30)
Sprint cars 2 showdown at eldora(complete)(sells for $10)
NASCAR dirt to Daytona (complete)(sells for $20)

All of them for $11

#206 dasme313   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   365 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

20150425_135121_zpstofizilh.jpg

picked up an SNES for $7, doesnt have any power or AV cables but ive already ordered some for it. now to find some cheap games 

wish I had the luck of findong OG Xboxs with controllers cause I desperately need a new controller for my Xbox but all the ones I find are broke as hell

Not even lying when I say, I have a tub full of OG Xbox controllers. But I don't have an Xbox to see if any work lol. Saw one at a yard sale yesterday but the seller told me they didn't think it worked, and then that they wanted $25 for it.

#207 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2581 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:22 AM

Thanks for always posting your finds people.

#208 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13612 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:16 AM

Shoot me a PM if you're looking for an OG Xbox controller. I grabbed some Controller S(MS Brand)'s at GS when they were doing the 75% off OG Xbox stuff a couple years ago.

#209 cardsharkrob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   525 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

cardsharkrob

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:59 AM

So not really a yard sale find, well kind of since I am the one going through all my stuff and what i am selling but cleaning out some boxes because I am moving, and found a cart only BurgerTime for the NES that i totally forgot I bought years ago. 

#210 robwhois   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

robwhois

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

11121955_896477090395326_1339567146_n.jp

Actually had the whole weekend off for once, and had a community sale going on in my own neighborhood, so was definitely excited about what could have been. Saturday was such a bust, with sharks everywhere, people jumping out of running cars, and leaving them in the middle of the street, to ask the people if they had games, and if they didn't, run right back into their cars and go to the next....made me sick.  

My one big find for the weekend happened on Friday, a day that doesn't usually have many sales near me. Games were a dollar each, and got their only a few minutes before another game guy. I did leave some games behind, so he went home with some as well. The highlights are for the ps1(silent hill, resident evil 2, dino crisis), a few sealed ps2 games, and that luigis mansion, although it's missing the manual, and very scratched, so it might be a coaster, but figured for 1 dollar, i'd give it a shot. RE6 was 3 bucks, because it was a newer game lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yard sale, garage sale, hauls, 2015, scan shaming, retro, collection, retro games, garage sales, yard sales