* * * * * 1 votes

The Official 2015 Yard Sale Thread

yard sale garage sale hauls 2015 scan shaming

#721 ChuckT   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

Saw a woman advertising a yard sale yesterday morning, and noticed some video games in the pic. I sent her a note, and she let me come over last night and take a look. Here's what I got:

19751324350_92fe37e73a_k.jpg

19752669319_66c9378618_k.jpg

19939349505_45908faa58_k.jpg

19318364903_3830e8e24b_k.jpg

19939351795_1c9505c66a_k.jpg

$150 for everything. Everything is in excellent condition, and there's nine Pokemon titles, so I'm more than covered in terms of investment. 

As I was leaving, she mentioned she had Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Color games in the closet, so I'll be going back for those shortly. 

#722 slowdive21   CAG/Hoarder/Archivist of Pop Culture CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:21 PM

I've got some good news and some bad news.

Good news: I bought a super Nintendo lot today for $7.

Bad news: I think it has poo on it.

:puke:

A couple of the cartridges are broken too. Pics after I find gloves and clean it up a bit.

#723 FOnewearl   Whooooooooa Bundy! CAGiversary!   1734 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

I've got some good news and some bad news.

Good news: I bought a super Nintendo lot today for $7.

Bad news: I think it has poo on it.

:puke:

A couple of the cartridges are broken too. Pics after I find gloves and clean it up a bit.

Screen-shot-2012-08-14-at-9.44.07-AM.png

62 Guides For Trade Brand Then Alphatized Updated 3-6-10.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=36537

#724 slowdive21   CAG/Hoarder/Archivist of Pop Culture CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

I had a day today that can only be described as spectacular. The only thing I missed were a couple games with empty cases (but the guy will call me if he finds them) and a ziploc bag of GI Joe accessories. Pics and stories in a few days.

#725 Ferrari Racer   Amiibo Wars: Wave 5 CAGiversary!   3578 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

I had a day today that can only be described as spectacular. The only thing I missed were a couple games with empty cases (but the guy will call me if he finds them) and a ziploc bag of GI Joe accessories. Pics and stories in a few days.

Your finds are always amazing, is this the find that dominates all other finds?

Found a neighborhood sale event nearby got these...

Star Wars walkie talkies for $1. A 2GB iPod Nano 1st gen for $10, I almost passed on it because I thought the older iPods were worthless, but after looking it up on eBay, I'm totally wrong lol. Got a few 100 Pokemon cards for $2 with a bunch of rare cards and quite a few valuable EX cards! Kind of crazy how valuable some Pokemon cards are. Also not pictured a vintage Luxman tuner for $7 and a vintage minolta 35mm camera with 2 70mm lenses for $5.

iwata-laughs.png
Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#726 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   991 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

I'm jealous Slowdive, I had a terribly mediocre day today. I've certainly done worse before but man... for how hot it was this haul doesn't seem worth it, ha ha.

IMG_20150724_1239243501.jpg

First score of the day was a copy of Interstellar for $00.50. It's the Blu Ray/DVD combo pack with the IMAX cell included so that was cool for so little.

A little while later I got a couple of DS games for $1.75. They were Deca Sports Extreme (3DS) and New Super Mario Bros (DS). Deca Sports is complete, Mario is just the cart. Meh but for the price and since I wasn't finding much I grabbed it.

Found a Gamecube shortly after with 5 games and a wavebird. All the games were junk except Mario Kart. She wanted 40 and wouldn't come off of it so I passed. Not an awful deal but just not enough profit to make it worth it for me at that price.

Right after that i found my best gaming deal of the day, a stack of Wii games. She wanted 2 each but did 6 for 10. Not all great but a few of them were good. Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Monster Jam, Lego Batman 2 and Star Wars Force Unleashed 2.

I stopped in at Half Price books shortly after and got 1943 for 7.99 for NES. Not great but it seemed fair to me.

My last score of the day was a lady who had all media for $1.00. .Not much good but she had a ton of DS games, but they were all like Mahjong, Solitaire, Jewel Thief, Mystery Files, things like that. I grabbed 3 (Jewel Quest Mysteries, Magnetica and Solitaire Overload Plus) for $1.00 each and got Moonlighting Seasons 1 and 2 for $1.00 also.

www.vg-force.com

#727 Javansdaddy   Yeah, I'm a podder... CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Javansdaddy

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:20 PM

Your finds are always amazing, is this the find that dominates all other finds?

Found a neighborhood sale event nearby got these...

Star Wars walkie talkies for $1. A 2GB iPod Nano 1st gen for $10, I almost passed on it because I thought the older iPods were worthless, but after looking it up on eBay, I'm totally wrong lol. Got a few 100 Pokemon cards for $2 with a bunch of rare cards and quite a few valuable EX cards! Kind of crazy how valuable some Pokemon cards are. Also not pictured a vintage Luxman tuner for $7 and a vintage minolta 35mm camera with 2 70mm lenses for $5.

yBL8XC7.jpg

If it's a true 1st gen iPod, it's under recall from Apple because the battery may overheat. If you send it in, they will send you a new iPod Nano. I did with mine that was sitting in a drawer when I heard about the recall a few years ago and ended up with an 8gb 6th gen Nano as a replacement (which I gave to my dad). The website's still active, worth a shot to see if they still accept them: http://www.apple.com...no_replacement/

2 Schmoes & a chick talking about their vast knowledge of nothing...

www.junkiosity.com

#728 Ferrari Racer   Amiibo Wars: Wave 5 CAGiversary!   3578 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

If it's a true 1st gen iPod, it's under recall from Apple because the battery may overheat. If you send it in, they will send you a new iPod Nano. I did with mine that was sitting in a drawer when I heard about the recall a few years ago and ended up with an 8gb 6th gen Nano as a replacement (which I gave to my dad). The website's still active, worth a shot to see if they still accept them: http://www.apple.com...no_replacement/

holy crap well thank you. I just submitted a request.

iwata-laughs.png
Gamertag - ITS DAT DAM KID. NNID: Its_Pikachu.

#729 SPS   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:57 PM

I had an ok day yesterday (wont post pics as there isn't anything too spectacular):

Brand New never opened PSONE controller $2

World War Z (book): .25  This one's for my brother :)

Three Strategy guides for a buck apiece:

Pokemon Crystal: Perfect Guide (Versus Books)

Oracle of Ages/Seasons (Versus Books)

Pokemon Gold/Silver (Prima Guide)

and the impulse buy of the day (which ended up being pretty good):

Survival Kids (GBC) for .50

#730 slowdive21   CAG/Hoarder/Archivist of Pop Culture CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:11 PM

I'm going to my friend's house to meet her new puppy today, so I will have to give pics and deets a a couple days.

Had another great find, another amazing freebie and a great surprise about my epic freebie! (It is now 100% more EPIC! -actual EPICness is estimated and may vary from expectations of "EPIC")

Today's "great find" is a Verve drum set with paiste cymbals. They told me about it yesterday and they pulled it out today. I talked to their son who is in a band and we talked a little about music and his band and how I used to be in punk bands and I used to book shows and played a couple shows with alkaline trio and the blue meanies, and that I was pretty tight with everyone on thick records, blah, blah (I had to throw in that extra info :P). Long story short. He wanted $50 for a incomplete kit. I offered $20 and he took it!

It is missing the snare and doesn't have a hi hat, but it has a crash with a double braced TAMA stand and a crash ride. I'll probably dump the drums locally and keep the crash,TAMA stand and the tom tom stand. (This was originally a 5 piece that has one of the toms on a separate stand. I'm sorry if it is confusing for non music people.)

I can't believe he took that offer. :whee:

more to come!

#731 zekana  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:57 PM

Somewhat dissapointed with today.  i actually found quite a few sellers with games today, a rarity around here  sadly most were shovelware or sports titles.  i did find a Silver classic gamecube controller for $2.  the edges of the handles are a little worn but its purely cosmetic.  been wanting to get a replacement controller anyway cause the top of the c button broke off of that one.

#732 tat2dbri78   DEATH before DISHONOR CAGiversary!   1334 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:01 AM

i had a good day yesterday.

got super mario galaxy 2 for 1$

unopened mario party 9 1$

starfox n64 2$

new super mario 1$

mario party 4 gc disc only 1$

not a great week but good enough stuff to flip

858559.png

#733 Kranekinjar   I REALLY HATE WEEBS, TBH CAGiversary!   430 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Kranekinjar

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:42 AM

These are my weekend finds! Each picture equals a bundle. So, the GameCube belongs with GC and N64 games bundle.The DreamCast system belongs with DC games. The DreamCast bundle was $10 and the GameCube bundle was $20. Shenmue, came with all the discs but, they have Hollywood Video rental stickers, on them. I'm happy about adding more boxed N64 and Dreamcast games to my collection (even though they're not the greatest, most of them aren't drawer worthy, lol). I'm really stoked about finding a clean copy of Jet Grind Radio! One of the Game Shark's Version is V.3.3 (I don't have much knowledge on cheat devices). 007 2 and Tom Clancy are gray cartridges, instead of blue and black. Does this mean anything?

Late JULY NIN KRANe.PNG

Dreamcast findz Krane.PNG

consoles GC DC Krane.PNG I switched my prior, white Dreamcast to this one (it looks very clean).

#734 slowdive21   CAG/Hoarder/Archivist of Pop Culture CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

So this happened...

I noticed this at a sale with a sign that said "make an offer" I looked closer to make sure the plastic was in good shape and I saw a sign under the other sign, that said "out of order". I asked the lady about the item and I said "So it isn't working, huh? She said it broke when they were having a family gathering and that it needed a part, but her husband was too lazy to try to fix it. We talked a little more and she told me they were moving. The offer in my head dropped, since I knew they would want to dump it (TBH I wasn't sure what to offer, but Doc that runs galloping ghost arcade told me in the past he would take a look at something if it wasn't working to give me an idea what it would cost to fix). After talking a while, she said, "You know, what? You are the only person who asked me about it. You can have it!" I thanked her a few times and I took it home.

EPIC FREEBIE:

Japanese Snow King Pachislo Slot Machine.

free%20snow%20king%20machine%204_zpsrqgi

After looking up the error code and opening up the machine, I found out it only needed to be reset. Seems to be working just fine. :whee:

:bouncy:

more to come!

#735 slowdive21   CAG/Hoarder/Archivist of Pop Culture CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:49 AM

Seriously. A fricking slot machine people! For free! Even I am impressed. =;

So I feel a little dirty. I did something I don't normally do and I drove by two sales that start early tomorrow. Both were open, so I swung by and charmed my way into both. The first one was the lady that I bought a lot of PS2 games from last year (that I don't think I posted yet :oops: ). She recognized me and said "You are the video game guy! I remember you!" I could smell booze on her breath, so I think she was a little more open to the idea of me taking a look early. She even asked me to stay a few minutes when someone else drove up in case they were a creeper. :lol: 

She has a PSP, a vita, and a DSiXL. I know she won't deal early or even on the first day (she was talking shit about Chester the molester trying to buy everything really cheap before she opened last year, which was funny that she remembered him) so I ended up leaving the big stuff for now. The vita was tempting for $100, since I do not have one, but I believe it is the wifi only version. I bought a couple small things from her, but I figure I can sleep on buying the vita.

The 2nd sale, I happened to recognize the woman that was standing in the garage. I was at her sale last week and she remembered I asked about games, so she said: "This is my friends house and they have a ton of games!" Easy in for me. I took a look at what they had and cherry picked a few gems for $7.

It is nice to take the pressure off for the morning, but I feel guilty for stopping by early. :???:  :-$ 

#736 slowdive21   CAG/Hoarder/Archivist of Pop Culture CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

Boxed pokemon games are good, right?

Pics and stories to come!!!

#737 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:00 PM

Man, I miss yard sales. They don't have them very often in this tiny border town, and yard sales with video games are rarer still.

#738 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   991 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

Really rough day today... first sale I went to advertised PS2/PS1/DS/Xbox games for 1-3 dollars. Started at 8 and I planned to get there a few minutes before open but I got sick this morning and got delayed about 20 mintutes. When I got there at 10 after 8 all that was left were a few crap DS games and a Tiger Woods PS2 game. Guy said someone got there about 10 minutes before me and bought about 20 games... could have been the difference between a good and a bad day for me...  I grabbed some stuff but only bought anything at 3 sales and most of what I did grab were just because I wasn't finding much and they were cheap. Only 2 items I'm even slightly excited about...

IMG_20150731_1328067441.jpg

My first "score" of the day was at a church sale. DVDs/CDs (aka games) were supposed to be $1.00. When I got up there they decided thick ones were $2.00 because they had 2 discs. (not crazy about it but couldn't argue too much as I didn't want them to check the 24 case or Shogun case and realize each were 6 discs, ha ha) So for $12.00 I got:

Shogun (DVD) (probably my best score today, goes for around 30)
Bringing Up Baby (DVD) (was afraid I had it already but nope, glad to get this, one of my favorite movies)
The Clock (DVD)
24 Season 7 (DVD)
Coolboarders 2 (PS1)
Resident Evil 2 (PS1)
Twisted Metal (PS1)
Tomb Raider II (PS1)
Test Drive V (PS1)
NFL Blitz (PS1)

My next score was at a sale with REALLY overpriced stuff. I'm talking GTA Vice City and GTA 3 for PS2 for 15 each, Bioshock for 360 for 25, that sort of overpriced. Wii and DS stuff was more reasonable but almost entirely kids stuff. I was surprised to find Way of the Samurai 2 (my other find I'm happy about) for $5.00. Offered $6.00 for that and Wii Sports (had 3 on it)  and they took it.

My last find of the day was a place where all games were $1.00 and they had a ton of PS2 games with a few Xbox mixed in. Unfortunately mostly junk, either they never had anything good or it was picked over. Still, I grabbed:

Burnout Revenge (PS2)
NFL Street 2 (PS2)
Wreckless the Yakuza Missions (Xbox)
Wrestlemania 21 (Xbox)

Also grabbed a few okay CDs at a sale 5 for 1.00 just to give me some music to listen to while driving around.

www.vg-force.com

#739 SPS   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

Bad day today. Only made 2 purchases total. One at a garage sale and one at a thrift store. The garage sale find was a fat PS2 with two controllers, a memory card with a coaster...I mean a copy of Madden 02 in it for $5.

#740 zekana  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

most of the yardsales i went to were heavily picked over.  didnt look like they sold games anyway.  did find these 2.  the seller had some xbox 360 games as well.  i wasn't interested in them cause i lack the system but i may head back there tommorow to see if i can negotiate a lower price.  maybe get some gamestop funds.  both of them had that purple back to the disk so it was hard for my ps2 to read them to make sure they work.  they both do.  i plan on selling both online.

Y1uANBZ.png

#741 Dokstarr   Tap, Snap or Nap CAGiversary!   1801 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:49 PM

Looked like it was going to be the worse day ever. Only had purchased stuff at one sale until the last one.

$4.50 - Ti-85, sealed Kaos Trap, 5 more look Sylanders trap

$25 - 25 games including good ones like - Diablo PS1, Bust-A-Grove PS1, RE3 PS1, Baldur's Gate Xbox, Mega Man Collection PS2, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 PS2 and a bunch of other Spyros, Crash Bandicoots, etc.

I was driving home disappointed when I saw this sign and hit up right about 11 and found these. i left my name and number for more if they find them.

It has been slim pickings this year. Done at 11 never happened last year. I would go until like 1pm or so and then just end it because it was so late.

#742 Neuropod   Fine work, skeleton! CAGiversary!   2164 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

IMG_2436.jpg

:wii: Mario Kart, Mario Party 8, Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $1 each

:ps2: Taito Legends, Gran Turismo 4 - $1 each, both sealed

WoW Mega Bloks Dragon Turtle (sealed) - $2

:wii: System w/ stand, power, & video cable - $12

The Wii games are going straight to Gamestop for a frankly ridiculous profit margin thanks to the trade-in promo they're doing this weekend. The system was from a different sale, marked $20, but missing the sensor bar and had no controllers so it wasn't hard to haggle down to only $12.

The PS2 games came out of a box of mostly-junk which included some other sealed games I didn't feel like gambling on. I thought I already had Taito Legends, but nope, I have Taito Legends 2. :lol:

76561197996844513.png

#743 sp00ge   Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen! CAGiversary!   10207 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

Spent more than I planned today, but had a pretty good haul - considering the muffler fell off my fiances car halfway through the morning and I missed an advertised 360 bundle by mere minutes.

DS Lite with the games was $20.  They wanted $25, but since it was a kid selling his stuff, I didn't want to lowballing asshole.  Other games were $25 for the lot.  Like I said, more than I'd like to spend, but well worth it.

20150801_133115_zpscloykmp1.jpg

The Gamecube lot was at a sale I go to every year.  I actually initially skipped this sale - I was going to hit it on the way home - when the muffler fell off the car.  I was so frustrated, I was going to call it a day and went home.  When I got home, I jumped on Facebook and saw the ad with pics for the sale and PMed the lady, asking to hold the bundle for me and I'd be there in less than 20 minutes.  Paid $50 for the lot.  Once again, more than I would have liked to spend, but still not a bad deal.

20150801_132958_zpsj5xfclpc.jpg

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#744 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   1870 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Invicta 61

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:01 PM

Ran into a Genisis for the first time in about 3 years.  It was in a box with a bunch of crap piled on it so I figured they wouldn't want much.  It had all hook ups, two controllers, cleaning cartridge and 8 meh games.  She said she sold a N64 with a bunch of games for $30 a few months ago so that's what she wanted for these.  Pass.  They also had a battered Wii with no controllers in a box of junk.  Asked about games for it and they said they had some inside.  After looking for awhile they took my number and said they would give me a call.  Not holding my breath.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#745 Dokstarr   Tap, Snap or Nap CAGiversary!   1801 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:59 PM

The copy of Kingdom Hearts 2 I got is complete and mint which is nice. Also included in the case were mapquest directions to a strip club and a bunch of printout from the strip club's website. I know I always bring my PS2 collection down to pervert row at the local strip club lol.

I'm guessing it must've been a son who still lived at home hiding it from his family. Or maybe the old man hiding it from the wife.

#746 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:53 PM

The copy of Kingdom Hearts 2 I got is complete and mint which is nice. Also included in the case were mapquest directions to a strip club and a bunch of printout from the strip club's website. I know I always bring my PS2 collection down to pervert row at the local strip club lol.

I'm guessing it must've been a son who still lived at home hiding it from his family. Or maybe the old man hiding it from the wife.

Sora be a freak son!

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#747 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   1870 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Invicta 61

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:18 PM

Forward directions pls.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#748 sp00ge   Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen! CAGiversary!   10207 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:00 PM

I finally got around to really checking out the games and getting ready to list the ones I'm not keeping and saw that the screen printing on one of the Super Mario Sunshines is all wrinked.  It plays fine, but WTF would cause this?  Just a factory botch job? 

20150804_102400_zpslvxz934u.jpg

I used to work for a screen printing company and this would happen occasionally on bottles, but I've never seen it happen on a game disc. 

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yard sale, garage sale, hauls, 2015, scan shaming