Ebgames twelve deals of gaming (deal of the day)

redstars

CAGiversary!
2292b2b7-d6de-4818-96f5-5391bc330f0a.jpg
http://www.ebgames.ca/platform/index/162

Last edited by a moderator:
on the third day of christmas ebgames gave to me a sale on FACEBREAKER
XD. Thanks for the memories of that game being on sale for $0.99 time and time again.

Actually, though, I believe the third day's deals are going to be 50% off "select" strategy guides and Mario Party Island Tour for $5 with the purchase of a 3DS XL (they've been offering that deal with the 2DS for the last month, but they seem to have run out of 2DSs).

XD. Thanks for the memories of that game being on sale for $0.99 time and time again.

Actually, though, I believe the third day's deals are going to be 50% off "select" strategy guides and Mario Party Island Tour for $5 with the purchase of a 3DS XL (they've been offering that deal with the 2DS for the last month, but they seem to have run out of 2DSs).
People rarely buy guides anymore.

So today is select strategy guides. I am interested in buying guides, but EBs site is so poorly laid out that I can't even find a strategy guide category (except for the PS3 sub-category with 1 guide in it). Doing some specific searches for things I know exist, their selection is terrible.

If you're thinking of getting that Pokemon guide they picture, there's a hardcover version EB doesn't have:

http://www.amazon.ca/Super-Smash-Bros-Collectors-Edition/dp/0804163596/ref=pd_rhf_eeolp_s_cp_3_T1V5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZREYPPQNC40YYCJ61M0

I buy guides more as collectables, if I just wanted information Gamefaqs is probably better.

So today is select strategy guides. I am interested in buying guides, but EBs site is so poorly laid out that I can't even find a strategy guide category (except for the PS3 sub-category with 1 guide in it). Doing some specific searches for things I know exist, their selection is terrible.

If you're thinking of getting that Pokemon guide they picture, there's a hardcover version EB doesn't have:

http://www.amazon.ca/Super-Smash-Bros-Collectors-Edition/dp/0804163596/ref=pd_rhf_eeolp_s_cp_3_T1V5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZREYPPQNC40YYCJ61M0

I buy guides more as collectables, if I just wanted information Gamefaqs is probably better.
I think you meant Smash Bros., not Pokémon, but EB Games does have that Collector's Edition guide. It's not on sale today, though. Between the website and my local store, here's a list of guides I've found that are 50% off today (there may be more):

Assassin's Creed Rogue

Assassin's Creed Unity

Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes

Disney Infinity 2.0 Originals

Dragon Age Inquisition

Far Cry 4

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

The Sims 4

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U (paperback)

Tales of Xillia 2

With the exception of Smash Bros., any Collector's Editions of these guide are also 50% off.

Serebii is better for Pokemon than GameFAQs. I don't even think Pokemon has a hardcover guide yet, and that link is for Smash Bros mang.

I bought the Pokemon guide for collection purposes a few weeks back, and now I see it's on sale for $11.50. Ugh.

SSBU CE guide is legit. I bought it at launch, no regrets. Pros: it's beautiful; in-depth character strategies with actual SSB/FGC terminology; all unlock methods; covers pretty much everything there is in the game. Cons: not quite as in-depth with Events and Challenges; binding could be better. Great collector's item.

Oh, and speaking of video game books: The World of Witcher is only $23.75 today at Indigo Chapters, for pre-order. Good price for an artbook.

.... * sigh * i'm gonna hold out till it get's too $30 i only really want to play it cause people say it's surprisingly a very solid game. cause other then that it didn't look too appealing too me.
Could just rent it man. Redbox/Superclub Videotron/Microplay/etc.

Could just rent it man. Redbox/Superclub Videotron/Microplay/etc.
I think Redboxes gave up on doing video games. i use to seem them in kiosk's but not anymore. i dunno what videotron is or superclub . Microplay stopped existing here years ago. in other words. i can't rent games in my province anymore. ontop of that. i don't really wanna go through Game Access cause the prices they charge over all, really tho.

i pick a game and it get's to me about a weekish it sounds then i get it and if it's destroyed then i am charged for it if damaged tho it's not my fault. i heard they are known for this. and slow shipments. makes me miss BBV a great deal.

not bad deals for games this year like $10 CoD and this game. but. i'm just not interested in Castlevania LoS ( but not a bad price )  and CoD  tho  Shadow of Mordor $30  sweet spot is waited on $40 ? no. no thanks.

i think i'm going to not be getting anything for this 12 days of gaming like last year.  most likely boxing day is where i will get hooked on a sale.  ( hopefully )

Today's deals last 3 days, because they apparently don't have 12 days worth of sales. But the new Boarderlands is $40, and NBA2K15 is $50. Whoop dee doo...

https://www.ebgames.ca/platform/index/165

https://www.ebgames.ca/platform/index/166

Edit: Noticed the url pattern, Monday will be The Stick of Truth. I'd bite at $10, but it'll probably be $20?

https://www.ebgames.ca/platform/index/167
lol. yeah. Whoop De Doo

i actually have no interest getting the south park game. as i mentioned before. i don't think i'll be getting anything in this 12 days of Gaming

Oh, Stick of Truth will be $10. But on Saturday. I'm working tomorrow, and even if I had the day off I wouldn't go into the mall on the last weekend before Christmas. So I guess I'll pass.

Oh, Stick of Truth will be $10. But on Saturday. I'm working tomorrow, and even if I had the day off I wouldn't go into the mall on the last weekend before Christmas. So I guess I'll pass.
Could still be bought online.

If I didn't already own the game, I'd definiteyl grab it. I paid full price on release day - no regrets.

having 2 games take up just this one day seems like a waist too me. but oh well. no games i was interested in again 2 years now.

Not a bad deal, but can't say it gets me excited.

I'm pretty underwhelmed by all the deals I've seen this xmas season.

the sales for PS3 games are slim this year sadly. i was hoping games were on sale but bestbuy is all like  NOPE and Futureshop i seen 30 - 50% off PS3 360 games  ( doesn't say select games tho )   and i'm WAITING for the EB Boxing Day Flyer.  i am looking around for a PS3 copy of LBP3 for $39.99   many times i seen PS4 for that price but i don't have a PS4 !

bread's done
Back