EBgames: Shulk Amiibo available for pre-order [OOS now]

Pre-ordered mine earlier. I hope people don't buy multiples like they did with Marth and co. Others deserve this imo.

I've already seen people on other forums (not just RFD even) say they've bought a handful for reselling. It's going to keep happening for a while, until there is enough stock to meet demand, or people just forget about Amiibos after the holidays.

I've already seen people on other forums (not just RFD even) say they've bought a handful for reselling. It's going to keep happening for a while, until there is enough stock to meet demand, or people just forget about Amiibos after the holidays.
This is getting ridiculous. People actually want these for collection purposes, and the hoarders hog them all. People have missed out on most of these because of them. These exclusive Amiibos are already limited as is.

Stores should do something about this. I'm getting tired of this crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is getting ridiculous. People actually want these for collection purposes, and the hoarders hog them all. People have missed out on most of these because of them. These exclusive Amiibos are already limited as is.

Stores should do something about this. I'm getting tired of this crap.
Most stores won't care who buys their stock as long as it gets sold. My local EB Games is instituting a one-per-customer rule for limited amiibo, though.

Ugh. AGAIN!? 

At this rate the only way to get the exclusive ones is going to be to camp out outside an EB Games on release day. 

That's probably going to have to happen anyway, since Target doesn't have an online store and I don't think TRU does preorders.

Ugh. AGAIN!?

At this rate the only way to get the exclusive ones is going to be to camp out outside an EB Games on release day.

That's probably going to have to happen anyway, since Target doesn't have an online store and I don't think TRU does preorders.
Have you tried pre-ordering instore at EB? Also, I'm going to find out if Target takes pre-orders for Rosalina and Toys R Us for Lucario.

So, I went to Target and Toys R Us near me today. Neither one knew about their exclusives, and neither one takes pre-orders for Amiibos. Today wasn't a total waste though, EBGames is taking pre-orders for the next wave. 

Ike/Bowser/Sheik/Mega Man/Sonic/King Dedede and Toon Link. Better get your pre-orders in now. Ike/Mega Man and Sonic will most likely end up like Marth and co.

I already have my Wave 3 pre-orders in through Amazon, although I have seriously considered putting them in through EBgames too just in case Amazon has.. issues. My Amazon Luigi / Captain Falcon still don't have an expected date, but I guess no one knows when the second half of Wave 2 is officially coming. A few early leaks in the States though, so soon I hope.

I already have my Wave 3 pre-orders in through Amazon, although I have seriously considered putting them in through EBgames too just in case Amazon has.. issues. My Amazon Luigi / Captain Falcon still don't have an expected date, but I guess no one knows when the second half of Wave 2 is officially coming. A few early leaks in the States though, so soon I hope.
Amazon is sold out of Ike, so I put my order for him and Shiek with EB. I don't feel like cancelling my orders on Amazon.

I hope I'm still getting Captain Falcon from Amazon. I ordered mine before it got sold out.

EBGames is already sold out of Ike and King Dedede. Glad I got my Ike order in when I did. Also, does anyone know if Canada plans on getting Lucario and Rosalina? I've asked Target and Toys R Us, none of them even knew about these Amiibos..

EBGames is already sold out of Ike and King Dedede. Glad I got my Ike order in when I did. Also, does anyone know if Canada plans on getting Lucario and Rosalina? I've asked Target and Toys R Us, none of them even knew about these Amiibos..
I don't expect any heads up from those retailers. They'll appear one day, and be gone in 15 minutes.

So eb games don't allow in store preorders for the shulk amiibo cause its' too popular. Already a blood bath and the damn thing isn't even out.

What can I say, sales associate feed us bullcrap everyday just to get us to shut up and move along.
Maybe they got sick of people pre-ordering multiple copies to resell? Mario claimed tons of people have done this already. He's sold out now anyway, so meh.

Maybe they got sick of people pre-ordering multiple copies to resell? Mario claimed tons of people have done this already. He's sold out now anyway, so meh.
really sucks for us people who just want one to actually collect. Meh it is pretty but not something I can't live without. Honestly explains why I don't shop at eb games no more :p

This has been my feeling about the amiibos in general. All the ones I'd want one of are limited or impossible to find.
Would be nice if club Nintendo members got advance pre order options for them if they had a game registered related to that Amiibo (besides SSB)

really sucks for us people who just want one to actually collect. Meh it is pretty but not something I can't live without. Honestly explains why I don't shop at eb games no more :p
It's not just EBGames, this is happening at every retailer. It's annoying how people are allowed to buy multiples, just to turn around and resell them for outrageous prices. Meanwhile, the people who actually want to collect these, are stuck having to pay absurd prices.

It's not just EBGames, this is happening at every retailer. It's annoying how people are allowed to buy multiples, just to turn around and resell them for outrageous prices. Meanwhile, the people who actually want to collect these, are stuck having to pay absurd prices.
Well it's all supply and demand. If noone was willing to pay absurd prices or nintendo just made enough instead of all this limited stock/ store exclusive bullcrap, then noone will give amiibo's a second thought.

Well it's all supply and demand. If noone was willing to pay absurd prices or nintendo just made enough instead of all this limited stock/ store exclusive bullcrap, then noone will give amiibo's a second thought.
The only reason people are paying those absurd prices, is because of these scalpers. They have no choice, when someone purchases multiples just to resell. The retail exclusives I agree with, which is annoying in it's own. As for limited stock, this is their first time doing something like this, so I can see why they weren't able to keep up with the demand.

We'll just have to wait and see what Nintendo plans on doing with certain ones. I don't mine limited Amiibos, I just wish retailers would limit these exclusives to 1 per costumer.

Just grabbed one Pit (only one they had it seems) and one Luigi at the Toys 'R Us in Laval (Daniel-Johnson)... they still have no sign of Captain Falcon...

I've asked two so far, both told me they don't take pre-orders for Amiibos anymore. If they aren't taking pre-order for Lucario, then showing him on their site is just trolling.

Luigi/Pit and Captain Falcon are in stock at EBGames now. Pit and Captain Falcon are in limited quantities though.

Picked up Captain Falcon (he was the only one they received that wasn't on receive) and Luigi (tons of them) this morning. I passed on the only Pit they had, as the Pit Figma is something I'll pick up eventually. Keep in mind this is in downtown Toronto and that's the stock they received. It's crazy.

Picked up Captain Falcon (he was the only one they received that wasn't on receive) and Luigi (tons of them) this morning. I passed on the only Pit they had, as the Pit Figma is something I'll pick up eventually. Keep in mind this is in downtown Toronto and that's the stock they received. It's crazy.
What's Pit Figma ?

BTW, Indigo Chapters is selling these, apparently. Not sure if that helps anyone here, but it could be an alternative destination if the usual places sell out quickly next time.

bread's done
Back