New Sony PlayStation 2 Slim Charcoal Black Console - Factory Sealed $149.99 (eBay Daily Deal)

It's well out of production, which I think ended in 2010.  So, a NIB PS2 is a bit on the rare side these days, so of course, it commands a price premium on eBay.

98b39b21ff008afaa5cba1e79fc611b2ddb64b3f44f57e792397c517768f4433.jpg

Wow. I told myself no when multiple sellers were at $140/$130.

Also, does ps2 look...ok...with the component cables?
I used to run component cables and for stuff that supports progressive scan, it does make a pretty good difference. The one I recall in particular was Shadow of the Colossus, which kind of "pops" despite the subdued color scheme. It won't fix low polygon count, but I thought the difference was pretty noticeable. The problem is that not all games support it to the fullest extent.

Huh, I doubt I'd ever buy one new, but I can see collectors buying it up and keeping it for a rainy day to sell it one day. 

Yeah.....I think I'm good on new PS2 for $150! Might have bit if it were in the $40-50 range as it should be! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a brand new PS2 Slim I purchased from Fry's. I did open the box but everything is still new and never powered on. I'll take $99 + 10 to ship it. PM if interested.

I also have a brand new Xbox bundle (original) with the NCAA Football 2005/Topspin same price price also brand new.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a brand new PS2 Slim I purchased from Fry's. I did open the box but everything is still new and never powered on. I'll take $99 + 10 to ship it. PM if interested.

I also have a brand new Xbox bundle (original) with the NCAA Football 2005/Topspin same price price also brand new.
You mean, you have a like new ps2. You broke the seal. It's not brand new anymore.

I ordered one a couple years ago when they were getting really hard to find any only Sony's Store had them in stock. When I ordered it, I kept getting email delays. Took them about 2 months to finally ship it. It was $100 then. After I ordered it, they went out of stock shortly after and haven't had em back since.

Got one because I still have like 50 PS2 games I haven't played yet and my fat PS2 has some loading issues. Didn't want it to crap out and have nothing to play those games on.

If the xbox is still sealed that might be a good deal.

The variations of this system (colors) is what collectors will go after. Not really the bread and butter version.

bread's done
Back