US and Cuba having "relations" with each other again

Meh, I wouldn't bother. The market will be flooded with fakes(even more so than it is now) and even legit vendors will be having supply and quality issues because of the huge boom. Not to mention that prices will be skyrocketing due to increased demand.

I bet the cigar forums are bitching about Obama raising the prices of their illegally purchased cigars now that they'll be able to get them legally. :rofl:

My question would be how US companies that use old cuban brand names domestically will handle the influx of their cuban counterparts. Now THIS would be an interesting legal battle.

Rum, on the other hand, is a different story. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I have nothing meaningful to contribute to this discussion. But given the title of the thread, this can't not be posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB25eDhWImc

"I don't wanna hear this shit while I'm eating." Always funny. :lol:

Eh. I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner, though I wonder if Fidel could've been bribed way back in the 1970s to loosen his communist policies, considering it's worked so well for China (they're way more capitalist than us!)

It's not going to change much, although plenty of smugglers are going to be incensed that they can't charge 3X for quality American/Chinese goods.

All I can say is that if we want the relations to go well, our lead emissary might want to be Big Bill!  He is the expert in affairs, foreign and domestic, after all!

Cuba arrests more free speech dissidents. Shouldn't Liberals be outraged that we have ties with countries that have such blatant civil liberty issues? I know I am. ;-)

Cuba arrests more free speech dissidents. Shouldn't Liberals be outraged that we have ties with countries that have such blatant civil liberty issues? I know I am. ;-)
Our list of allies and countries with which we have diplomatic ties would be a hell of a lot shorter if that was a disqualifying factor.

The Cuba embargo was silly to begin with. It was a relic of the Cold War which was kept in place for God knows why. We have had nothing to gain by continuing an embargo against them.

Who's the girl in this relationship?
Cuba obviously take a long look at a map and tell me Florida doesn't look like a giant... well you'll figure it out. Not only that but it's pointed directly at Cuba, all ready to go.

Our list of allies and countries with which we have diplomatic ties would be a hell of a lot shorter if that was a disqualifying factor.

The Cuba embargo was silly to begin with. It was a relic of the Cold War which was kept in place for God knows why. We have had nothing to gain by continuing an embargo against them.
Do you have the same opinion of sanctions on Iran or North Korea?

bread's done
Back