The Interview (2014): BR/DVD release 2/17/15, NETFLIX This weekend!

and...how many movies have featured North Koreans????   Did that stop theaters from showing them??? NOPE!!!

Kinda stupid to make the 9/11 comments.....  if they are really good at hacking....why not cripple Regal/AMC's network instead of making threats?  Even if the attacks came from NK..........the US can't do shit.....we can't send Rambo in to blow them up..... sure we can shut their power grid off with our own attacks...but that's a childish response.

I just thank God we finally figured out a way to keep a Seth Rogan and James Franco movie from showing.  Kicking myself for not thinking of it sooner.

This has become a fascinating incident. We now have a big budget picture ($44 million) being cancelled for release 1 week before it was supposed to come out.

This isn't even a GI Joe situation where they postponed it for a year (and even then that was about a month before release IIRC) but a complete cancellation with no alternate plans announced at the time. This seems crazy to me.

I'm really kind of indifferent about the whole thing because it never struck me as a movie I'd want to see anyway and even after all this I could care less. I'm much more fascinated by the spectacle of this whole thing and what the fallout will be. For instance, did Rogen, Franco, or any other cast/crew have residuals or contingents in their contract. Will there be lawsuits coming out of that? Really interesting stuff here.

Yeah, so anyone else up for boycotting Sony?
For what? Not wanting open themselves up to the PR disaster that would have ensued if there had been an attack?

They were left in a lurch, every major theater chain was declining to show it, what are they gonna do? Release it in 100 theaters nationwide that were A)independent and B)willing to show it?

And every major theater only declined to show it because they were worried the threat was enough to hurt sales of their other movies. You know what happened to all of their stock prices today? They all went up after they announced they weren't showing it.

This wasn't giving in to terrorism, it was a uniquely capitalistic decision. The almighty buck is who everyone bowed down to at the end of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been saying for days they should just cancel the release to be safe. Im sure Seth and James would agree that safety of their fans is more important.

the movie is going to suck anyway, basically a rehash of pineapple express, but the setting  in north korea, they should of just made pineapple express 2, and this would not have happened

It starts with one of my single biggest pet peeves. This isn't a free speech issue because it doesn't involve a government action. It's a company deciding not to distribute something, not the government or under the direction of a government official.
GI Joe: Retaliation's delay was just a stupid last minute excuse to convert it to 3d to make more money. It was a good movie, even without the 3d. Should have stayed on the 2012 release date.

So I found this.... does ANYONE recall NK getting all pissy to do something like this when ANY of these were released?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_set_in_or_about_North_Korea
I didn't bring up GI Joe 2 to indicate there were similar issues involved. I brought it up because it was the only other instance I could think of in recent memory where a big budget release was pulled shortly before its planned release.

I hope a high quality video leaks, I wanted to watch this.
North Korean needs Kim jun un to really get assassinated so they can shut up about stuff.

Fine how about we make "comedies" about assassinations against

Ashraf Ghani

Stephen Harper

Xi Jinping

Joko Widodo

Benjamin Netanyahu

Abdullah

Robert Mugabe

And for the right wingers wet dreams how about a "comedy" movie about assassinating Obama ?

And as a bonus comedy, we can have Rogan and Franco travel back in time to assassinate  JESUS and MOHAMMED

Do this to anyone else and you will get the same farking blowback,  I triple dare us to make a movie assassinating CHINA's President or even Vladimir Putin,  you will pray that the internet never existed with the blowback coming in.  And their hackers aren't as amateurish as N.K's are

The only reason we dare to pick on N.K is because they are a shit country who's lucky to even have a telephone wire...  

If Kim Kardashian butt was going to blow the internet, I would love to see what happen when if we make a movie assassinating Xi Jinping or Vladimir Putin.

We were pussy to make a movie to poke fun of someone who was weaker then us, try pulling that shit with China and Russia

This movie will make a killing with VOD and DVD/Blu-Ray release. The controversy will draw so many people to seeing it now, not to say Sony isn't going to lose a ton of my money by cancelling the theatrical release a week before the scheduled release. I actually wanted to see this next weekend too, it looks like a typical stupid fun Franco and Rogan film. I might as well just pirate it at this point though, who knows when they will actually release this now apparently VOD isn't on the table right now for them. 

They said they won't ever release it now. What a bunch of pansies. And no shit NK was behind it...did anyone think otherwise?

They said they won't ever release it now. What a bunch of pansies. And no shit NK was behind it...did anyone think otherwise?
Just because Sony won't release doesn't mean it wont find it's way out. I'm pretty sure screener copies are already all over torrent sites. I really don't have a problem with them editing the movie to be about Obama instead, but still be set in North Korea. Just put Obama in place of Kim and it's safe for release.

Meh, we just need Obama to pull a Reagan and send Bowl Cut Jr. a bomb through his bedroom window.  Too bad it'll never happen.

Meh, we just need Obama to pull a Reagan and send Bowl Cut Jr. a bomb through his bedroom window. Too bad it'll never happen.
LOLZ...nothing racist here! :rofl:

Calling them slant-eyes or gooks too out of style for you or something?

wow... Paramount is telling theater owners not to run "Team America" in defiance of pulling the Interview....hmmm..

LOLZ...nothing racist here! :rofl:

Calling them slant-eyes or gooks too out of style for you or something?
Oh, btw, when did Kim Jong Un become a race?

This is about as stupid as when Rhoulette(of frag dolls fame, at the time a phd anthropology student) said I was racist against Muslims.

This is a bowl cut:

08101113_9425.jpg

This is a blowout:

DJ-Pauly-D-Shows-Off-Muscles-in-Las-Vegas-435x580.jpg

This is a pompadour:

url-21.jpeg

This is Kim Jong Un:

Kim-Jung-Un.jpg

You're goal was to draw on racist stereotypes and caricatures.

I've never closely analyzed his hair before...but it's kind of like all three. It's like a Bowloutdour. I wonder what products he uses.

It's sad that they'd cancel the showing. We shouldn't have to deal with censorship or anything like it. And we shouldn't worry about the likes of terrorist acts. Because, lets face it, I doubt it'll ever happen. 

I wasn't aware that the Korean genome made all Korean people grow hair in such a way. So much we don't understand about human DNA.

So you're admitting I wasn't being racist? Wow. I feel lime I should handicap myself somehow if you're going to defeat yourself for me!
Haha...you're so cute. That's why you posted that racist bullshit in Vs. and not in the OT thread. Are you going to tell me how Imus' comment about nappy headed ho's wasn't racist either?

This is a bowl cut:

08101113_9425.jpg

This is a blowout:

DJ-Pauly-D-Shows-Off-Muscles-in-Las-Vegas-435x580.jpg

This is a pompadour:

url-21.jpeg

This is Kim Jong Un:

Kim-Jung-Un.jpg

You're goal was to draw on racist stereotypes and caricatures.
It is hilarious how Doh always knows a stranger's goal or intent :roll: , but not the difference between "your" and "you're".

It is hilarious how Doh always knows a stranger's goal or intent :roll: , but not the difference between "your" and "you're".
LOLZ...good job, holmes! You found a typo! You TOTALLY destroyed my argument and TOTALLY didn't defend someone's use of a racist stereotype! Priorities!

U R UH WYNAR

Can't wait to read YOU'RE next post about me admitting that YOUR right. /s :roll:

Making fun of his dopey haircut is now racist? Where do you get your stupid pills?
Hey dude, you know that disagreeing with any idea that a Liberal has makes you a racist?

Anyways, yeah, you're pretty much right. Our next president has that little fat fuck to deal with, since Obama won't do anything besides suck on Communist cock and tell America to hate the police, veterans, and pretty much anything he disagrees with.

Hey dude, you know that disagreeing with any idea that a Liberal has makes you a racist?

Anyways, yeah, you're pretty much right. Our next president has that little fat fuck to deal with, since Obama won't do anything besides suck on Communist cock and tell America to hate the police, veterans, and pretty much anything he disagrees with.
I don't know what specifically you're referring to with those last comments but there are issues with police and veterans so I can understand the hate, especially toward the pigs.

Oh boy, now they're threatening the US again? What is this, like the eighth time they've tried to start shit? US isn't going to do anything but not because they're afraid but because it is downright idiotic to start anything real over a goddamn film. Not that it's worth speaking hypothetically since NK won't do shit unless they're referring to more hacks and it's not like they are the only ones capable of that.

What is interesting is our government's response of this.

It's not as strong as it should be and it's pretty much a response that the public wants.   If NK disabled our power grid even for 15 minutes, most likely we would declare it as an act of war and send in our big guns to teach them a lesson. 

bread's done
Back