Extreme YMMV: TRU Xbox One Games $0.02

DaddyBoJangles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Last night during my shift at TRU my manager had a bunch of Xbox One launch games pulled aside to "look into" For whatever reason the vanilla versions of

Ryse

Dead Rising 3

Forza 5

are ringing up for $0.02 in the system. He obviously wouldn't let me buy them, and I'm not sure if its a glitch in our system or if its company wide. Their website still lists these titles for their original or sale price. 

There are new versions of all three of those games, so they are probably trying to remove the old/original versions. If it rang up for .02 though, that would be interesting to see if they ring up like that in stores.

Field destroys. Walmart does this, too.
Yeah when I went to exchange regular ryse for the legendary edition at Walmart a couple weeks ago the lady had a sheet saying to pull all the regular editions of it and a few other games. They had a ton of them left over.

Wow, would be a nice flip to GS or BB maybe? Might try and see if I can snag some before they're pulled... maybe with the amiibo sale today they'll be too busy to do so :D

So anyone tried to make a purchase yet?

I might go to TRU if they literally are selling them for 2 cents

That would be great. Just don't be stupid enough to get 3 games and try to check out. Get the games you want to try plus another shit just to cover the prices.

What's the regular box of Forza look like and the new box?
BK-aashCEAEG1sm-610x831.jpg

And the GOTY Edition looks like

350-360856-894__1.jpg

You guys really think Gamestop Price Matched a CAG post when they don't price match at all?
Yea ur right lol

I dont shop at Gamestop so I forgot about their no price match dealio

Thats why Gamestop is for Kids and Best Buy is for Smart People

There are new versions of all three of those games, so they are probably trying to remove the old/original versions. If it rang up for .02 though, that would be interesting to see if they ring up like that in stores.
This is probably the correct answer. I found a baby blanket that rang up at 4 cents WITH B1G1 50% off 2 weeks ago. Grabbed another for a grand total of 6 cents for 2 $15-20 blankets.

This is a HUGE YMMV because most cashiers would tell you to fuck off. I got lucky and got one that didn't care...LOLZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems legit, but highly ymmv. Anything that rings up that low is probably going to get a manager' s attention. Seems like the sort of thing that will work for the first person who gets there but will be quickly shut down. Thanks for posting OP

Didn't have any vanilla copies of the games at my tru. This store is a sloppy mess with the exception being video games. They are usually on top of that. (Other than then blue and green clearanced games from months ago)

Sounds like I dont need to make the 20 minute drive to KMart

the trade in value at Best Buy for these games are too low

Pro tip: If you find these gems, try to buy them with other items as to (hopefully) not draw an obvious red flag. Oh, and track down the dopeyest employee you can find. There's plenty of seasonal help there this time of year that are fairly clueless.

I have 2 toys are uses within 20 minutes of my house

Someone confirm buying these and I'll go to both and buy all copies for "christmas" "gifts"

This price has been live in the system for a week or so. Normally an employee is in charge of updating the price tag signs overnight and any non-idiot would have brought this to the attention of the manager. TRU is crazy currently so it might have been missed, but it's really up to the manager if they'll allow it.

Like others said, if you do see the games try and get them along with some other stuff to draw less attention to it and try for seasonal cashiers. If your store notices or already did, they pulled the games.

I don't really understand why this happened. Usually only strategy guides get pennyed out like this. MS must have recalled them or something so people couldn't opt for the cheaper DLC-less version like is normally an option.

I'm going to stop by TRU on my way home from work. If they have any I'll grab whatever I can, if anyone really wants (as in to own and play) I would be willing to ship any extras out if anyone wants to pay for shipping. Otherwise I will be trading them in for credit, chances are I'll find nothing though.   :wall:

Every time I have tried to buy $0.04 and $0.02 items, a manager gets called over and the manager has said if it rings up for that price, to allow the sale to go through. I bought Ducktales Remastered for PS3 (DLC code version) for $0.04 a few weeks ago (I didn't want to bump up the TRU clearance thread just for that since it originally was part of the clearance blast).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back