* * * * - 36 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

#4861 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6941 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

What a sad situation.  TxK is a fantastic game plays beautifully on the Vita; I would love to have seen a PS4 version, but it's pretty clear that will never happen.  The current "Atari" is a joke, not even remotely related to the original one.  I hope this backfires on them, at least in terms of negative PR, if not actual losses.

Yeah, this was a dick move of the highest order. The only reason this game is still relevant is due to Jeff's work. I understand Atari wanting to keep control, but he has made several similar games in the past, why now the BS? It's like a kid who lets everyone play with his toys, only to take them away because everyone is having more than than he ever did. Atari has no plans or interest in this game, and hasn't for a long time, but now  that everyone is having fun, they want to be little brats, and kill the fun. What A' Holes.

#4862 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68378 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:45 PM

Yeah, this was a dick move of the highest order. The only reason this game is still relevant is due to Jeff's work. I understand Atari wanting to keep control, but he has made several similar games in the past, why now the BS? It's like a kid who lets everyone play with his toys, only to take them away because everyone is having more than than he ever did. Atari has no plans or interest in this game, and hasn't for a long time, but now  that everyone is having fun, they want to be little brats, and kill the fun. What A' Holes.

To be fair, there have been a few incarnations of Atari during Llamasoft's life, so most seemed to be at least indifferent to their work and this latest version feels like bullying a small developer around. The new Atari seems to be committed to replicating their classic IPs on new platforms.

#4863 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3214 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:47 PM

South Park is back up to $20.

#4864 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6941 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:49 PM

To be fair, there have been a few incarnations of Atari during Llamasoft's life, so most seemed to be at least indifferent to their work and this latest version feels like bullying a small developer around. The new Atari seems to be committed to replicating their classic IPs on new platforms.

That's cool, I don't want to say they are entirely in the wrong, but based on the legal docs, they are just throwing around lies and untruths. If they want to resurrect the classics, I'm all for it, but you don't take a former employee who has kept "Tempest" alive all these years and kick him in the nuts. That's not cool, and won't score you any points.

If anything, they should hire him to do what I'm sure they have no clue how to do right. How many current consumers give a rates ass for any old Atari games? TxK is really the only decent work I've seen in forever, and I've been gaming since Atari came on the scene.

There's a "right" and "wrong" way to do things, and this is definitely the "wrong" way.

#4865 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68378 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:03 AM

https://store.playst...OUTHPARKTSOTGAM

The South Park price drop has been corrected to $19.99.

#4866 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:04 AM

Happy it went up so i didnt have to debate buying it every day :)

#4867 elessar123  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:11 AM

Fuck. Was going to pick up a $20 card cause I had $4.xx left.

#4868 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68378 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:38 AM

Played the PC demo of Adventures of Pip, which will be coming to PS4 in May:

Some more videos of Hand of Fate and Hotline Miami 2:

#4869 Snarky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:41 AM

Also, pretty easy to replace. I've done it in the slim, super slim, and ps4 and all just took a few minutes. Just look up a guide online. Takes longer to reinstall the firmware than to replace the drive.

What about reinstalling everything? I am in the process of upgrading my PS3's HDD, have already backed up my saves to another HDD(hopefully I don't have any DRM protected ones, it is hard to tell what got backed up), and now just wonder about all the games and stuff I have bought.

Will it automatically redownload everything or will I need to manually do it via the Playstation Store's web site?  I dread having to click "download to..." on 10+ pages of stuff and that download queue limit.

#4870 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:41 AM

https://store.playst...OUTHPARKTSOTGAM

The South Park price drop has been corrected to $19.99.

I held back on buying it since it was a "permanent" drop to 5.00 figuring I could always get it when I needed to spend some extra money (like the spend $100.... promotion).  Oh well, I didn't really need to add it to my backlog. Maybe (ha) I'll have less of a backlog when it eventually goes on sale.

#4871 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68378 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

What about reinstalling everything? I am in the process of upgrading my PS3's HDD, have already backed up my saves to another HDD(hopefully I don't have any DRM protected ones, it is hard to tell what got backed up), and now just wonder about all the games and stuff I have bought.

Will it automatically redownload everything or will I need to manually do it via the Playstation Store's web site?  I dread having to click "download to..." on 10+ pages of stuff and that download queue limit.

If you didn't back up the games, you'll have to redownload them manually.

#4872 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

Somewhat on topic question... I'd like to get Southpark for ps3, but my 500gb harddrive in my slim is full. Can anyone recommend a larger capacity replacement drive? Also how long does it take to setup a new drive? Thanks!

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822149377

I've been using this drive in my PS3 slim (originally a 160 gig model) for 3 years strong.  I don't think I've experienced any issues to my knowledge.

As far as time to change the drive out, it is really a 10-20 minute process to format/install the new firmware from a flash drive once the drive is installed IIRC.  The long process is if you were going to back-up your existing 500 gig and restore it to the 1 tb drive.

Backing up my 160 gig drive (80-90% full) took probably a 4 hours for back-up and another 5-6 hours to restore from a USB 2.0 external HD to the new drive.

#4873 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4637 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:56 AM

i can't decide if i'm elated or pissed that i didn't grab south park at $5. 

#4874 blacktrinary   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

blacktrinary

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:28 AM

I wish they have AC Liberation on PS3 stand alone disc, not in the American Collection cuz I have the other 2.

I guess DLC is the only option for me.

#4875 blacktrinary   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

blacktrinary

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:36 AM

Happy it went up so i didnt have to debate buying it every day :)

Kinda happy kinda sad. I'm a physical copy kinda guy anyway. I'll just wait until it drop to $10 or less. Gamefly I'm talking to you.

#4876 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2112 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:36 AM

For a price mistake, that price stayed around for a long time.

#4877 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:59 AM

This WD would be pretty solid:

http://www.amazon.co...FPnL&ref=plSrch

But there's a couple cheaper ones from Toshiba & Seagate I believe on Amazon. Just make sure it's a 2.5 drive, Sony recommends 5400 rpm, I've heard the 7200 can lead to over heating but might just be a rumor.

Also, pretty easy to replace. I've done it in the slim, super slim, and ps4 and all just took a few minutes. Just look up a guide online. Takes longer to reinstall the firmware than to replace the drive.

Thank you! I was actually just looking at that one. I think that's the one I'll get then.

#4878 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:04 AM

South Park is back up to $20.

Awesome! Well now I can wait on that new hard drive. Lol.

#4879 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:20 AM

For a price mistake, that price stayed around for a long time.

I wonder if it is going to be part of the flash sale that is rumored to be happening this weekend. (someone posted screen pics of the Flash sale link on the PS store during week 3's sale)

#4880 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:25 AM

i can't decide if i'm elated or pissed that i didn't grab south park at $5.

I'm personally glad because I was only tempted to buy it for digital hoarding purposes and would probably never have gone back to finish it since I didn't enjoy it that much when I attempted it at launch.
  • AoA likes this

#4881 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:33 AM

But patent trolls are usually looking to get paid for doing nothing, aren't they? If that was the case, wouldn't they want to cut a deal with this guy, instead of having him C&D?

These companies make no sense most of the time and would rather just squat on stuff and threaten people. I was reading a story about the company that got the rights to System Shock 2 sorted out and rendered it for PC and about their attempt to bring back No One Lives Forever. Kind of similar thing where the franchise was literally abandoned to the point of it not even being clear who owns the rights (with the constant mergers, software licensing, etc.). They did all the leg work trying to sort it out, offered to pay licensing fees up front plus royalties (so that there was no risk for anyone else), were going to do all the work on the games and were met with complete apathy from the megacorps involved (Activision who swallowed up Sierra I believe, Fox who published the games, and WB who I believe had a stake in the code/engine) before they got legal bullied into dropping it entirely.

The whole thing is a joke really.

#4882 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:39 AM

Ya, South Park was an error.  From the Playstation twitter account:

"Update: Due to an error, South Park: The Stick of Truth was listed on the US PS Store at an incorrect price. We apologize for the error."

http://twitter.com/PlayStation

#4883 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:45 AM

Ya, South Park was an error.  From the Playstation twitter account:

"Update: Due to an error, South Park: The Stick of Truth was listed on the US PS Store at an incorrect price. We apologize for the error."

http://twitter.com/PlayStation

yeah surprised it lasted as long as it did

#4884 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:17 AM

So I haven't pulled the trigger on the AC IV Gold edition sale yet..

Sony needs to clarify what exactly is included in bundles like this, the Gold edition on PC includes all the DLC. Was reading on another site that for the PS4 version it does not include the Aveline DLC?

Has anyone purchased the Gold edition for PS4 and can verify what all comes with it?

Edit: Ok, I knew I was going to buy it anyway... the Gold edition includes everything *but* Aveline DLC.

The next question, is it worth the $5? no trophies with it right?

#4885 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2653 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

Will it automatically redownload everything or will I need to manually do it via the Playstation Store's web site? I dread having to click "download to..." on 10+ pages of stuff and that download queue limit.

I just used the cloud storage with ps+ for all my saves and I think that way the drm saves work (don't quote me on that though). Then redownload all the games through the download list in account management (will have everything you've ever purchased including demos so you may have to filter through some stuff) making sure to set them to download in the background as I go, then I just go to power it off in the xmb an click the box to turn off when downloads are complete and forget about it for a day.

Takes a little time but still worth it imo.

#4886 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:33 AM

South park will still be free on PS+ soon

#4887 ochentay4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

So I haven't pulled the trigger on the AC IV Gold edition sale yet..
Sony needs to clarify what exactly is included in bundles like this, the Gold edition on PC includes all the DLC. Was reading on another site that for the PS4 version it does not include the Aveline DLC?

Has anyone purchased the Gold edition for PS4 and can verify what all comes with it?

Edit: Ok, I knew I was going to buy it anyway... the Gold edition includes everything *but* Aveline DLC.
The next question, is it worth the $5? no trophies with it right?

The PS4 version of Black Flag Gold DOES INCLUDE AVELINE DLC. I can tell you cause I finished the game 2 weeks ago. It isnt very good though, Freedom Cry is miles better and longer. I recommend base Black Flag + Base Freedom Cry than Black Flag Gold (unless you play MP).

#4888 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2115 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:31 PM

it's happened to me twice now..

First day of the PS+ free drop.. I go to the webstore now and add ALL to my cart. Even if I don't care for the game(s).. Tastes change, games get updates etc.

Wait so you are saying you added the game to your cart and checked out and then you didn't get the license? 

#4889 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8499 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

Wait so you are saying you added the game to your cart and checked out and then you didn't get the license?

I think he is stating that he learned his lesson, and "now" adds all the games when they go free with PS+.

#4890 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

The PS4 version of Black Flag Gold DOES INCLUDE AVELINE DLC. I can tell you cause I finished the game 2 weeks ago. It isnt very good though, Freedom Cry is miles better and longer. I recommend base Black Flag + Base Freedom Cry than Black Flag Gold (unless you play MP).

The Aveline DLC was suppose to just be an hour long exclusive content for PS users. It was never suppose to compete with Freedom Cry which is a more traditonal DLC costing $10 or $15 originally.