* * * * - 36 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

#6871 Rockabye   Been around CAGiversary!   486 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

When you have games that you don't remember buying, you need to join the CAG support group.

I have Guacamelee on PSN and Steam ... and I was really, really excited about the updated version being free with GWG on the One. Which is a console I do not yet own.

Oh, and I haven't played Guacamelee on any system yet, and had forgotten I'd previously bought it (on either PSN or Steam) until just recently hooking up my PS3.

On topic: I'm thinking I want to spend $20 on this sale. Should I get Demon's Souls, Suikoden II, and Time and Eternity, or redeem the year of PS+ I have somewhere and get the above three games and Pier Solar?

#6872 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5550 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

I have Guacamelee on PSN and Steam ... and I was really, really excited about the updated version being free with GWG on the One.

Which is a console I do not yet own.

Oh, and I haven't played Guacamelee on any system yet.

On topic: I'm thinking I want to spend $20 on this sale. Should I get Demon's Souls, Suikoden II, and Time and Eternity, or redeem the year of PS+ I have somewhere and also Pier Solar?

Yeah, I've had Demon's Souls in my cart since Saturday. Do I really want to pay $5 for a game where I die over and over? Of course I love Spelunky for the very same reason...

#6873 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3056 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:53 AM

i am debaitng should i grab mgs hd collection for vita for 12 of buy the physical for 20

#6874 Rockabye   Been around CAGiversary!   486 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:05 AM

Yeah, I've had Demon's Souls in my cart since Saturday. Do I really want to pay $5 for a game where I die over and over? Of course I love Spelunky for the very same reason...

I owned a physical copy of Demon's Souls once (I've also been very slowly playing through Dark Souls on my 360 in fits and starts, and have DS2, too), and I enjoyed it, but I never beat it. The point of all the Souls games isn't dying over and over, though you will: It's forcing you to learn a world that is unforgiving, and rewards patience.

#6875 Josh1billion   ボディビルダー CAGiversary!   2078 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:17 AM

i am debaitng should i grab mgs hd collection for vita for 12 of buy the physical for 20

The Vita is the system where digital benefits the most, in my opinion, so I'd recommend that myself.

#6876 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5550 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:19 AM

The point of all the Souls games isn't dying over and over, though you will: It's forcing you to learn a world that is unforgiving, and rewards patience.

That unforgiving world part sounds a lot like my life. LOL!

#6877 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:34 AM

Can anyone confirm how many of the star wars games in the vita/psp bundle work for ps tv? cause i checked the compatible list referenced and it didnt say yes or no either way. 

#6878 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36692 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:41 AM

Managed to beat Force Unleashed on May the Fourth.  Unfortunately it's now 11:40 PM and I probably need another 3-5 hours for the plat.  Guess I'll have to wait until next year.

I'm not that bad, but pretty much every time I go through the games on my PS3 I find something I had forgotten that I owned.

Happens every single PSN sale.

#6879 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1780 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:45 AM

The Vita is the system where digital benefits the most, in my opinion, so I'd recommend that myself.

It's also the system where big files hurt the most too. Unless you have a 64gb card or don't mind doing the transfer every time you wanna switch games. I could go either way really. It's almost a 50% difference in price. And depends on scarcity of the vita games around you. Maybe you could get it even cheaper if it's in the target clearances.

#6880 Josh1billion   ボディビルダー CAGiversary!   2078 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:58 AM

It's also the system where big files hurt the most too. Unless you have a 64gb card or don't mind doing the transfer every time you wanna switch games. I could go either way really. It's almost a 50% difference in price. And depends on scarcity of the vita games around you. Maybe you could get it even cheaper if it's in the target clearances.

A Vita without a 64gb card is like a.. erm.. (clever analogy goes here)

But you're right, moving around files on small memory cards is a pain.  I went through that for close to a year with my 8gb card before upgrading.   Once you have a 64gb card, you barely have to worry about that ever again.  $70 or $80 is a small price to pay for that level of convenience, so I've come to assume, very possibly incorrectly, that every active Vita user either owns or is planning to eventually buy a 64gb card themselves. ;)

#6881 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:31 AM

Can anyone recommend some Action RPG's for the PSP/Vita on that list?  Turn based, non-strat as well?

#6882 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4516 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:15 AM

It isn't really like that though.   Well, maybe for the first hour or so while you learn the combat system, but really once you get going in the game you shouldn't be dying all that much.   And even if you do, it's not a big deal.   There are short cuts all over those games -- you don't need to make it all that far till you're opening a gate or whatever that lets you 'skip' the section you just did (and eventually skip right to bosses once you clear the area).  

The games get their reputation because people just learning to play die alot because they aren't prepared for the style of game it is.   For example, you can't spam attacks because you'll run out of stamina, then fall to a counter attack.  As soon as you learn how to play, your death count should plummet drastically.

#6883 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36692 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:22 AM

Still trying to decide on:

Pier Solar

htoLNiQ

Atelier Escha & Logy

Dead Rising 2 Off the Record

Mugen Souls Z

Crimson Gem Saga

Hexyz Force

#6884 elessar123  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

Pier Solar

htoLNiQ not good

Atelier Escha & Logy wait for vita version

Mugen Souls Z hahaha

Crimson Gem Saga

Hexyz Force

Shortened your list a bit.

#6885 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:56 AM

anyone played Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy? Im not realy sure what kind of game it is. I thought it was a dungeon crawler rpg or something but the videos ive seen make it kinda look like a dynasty warriors type game. What type of game is it? Is it worth the sale price?

I'll agree with this.  Only thing im meh on is dead rising. But Pier solar looks good, and ive played some of hexzy force and crimson gem saga and theyre both quite good

#6886 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67199 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:43 AM

Freebies for the sale games this week:

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed - PS3

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed - Vita

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record

Fairy Fencer F

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f - Vita

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd - PS3

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection

Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

Lost Planet 3

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Mugen Souls Z

Natural Doctrine

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2

Persona 4 Arena

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - PS4

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - PS3

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

Skullgirls Encore

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Xillia

Time and Eternity

Toukiden: The Age of Demons

Yakuza: Dead Souls

#6887 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

do those freebies stay for a while or do they expire tomorrow (today actually)? I don't want to have to try d.loading them all tonight =P

#6888 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the freebies!  I already own several of these games on disc and could use the free dlc.

#6889 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67199 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:23 PM

do those freebies stay for a while or do they expire tomorrow (today actually)? I don't want to have to try d.loading them all tonight =P

Just buy them on the web store. You don't need to download anything or do it by any certain since most of this has been on there for awhile.

#6890 MachineElf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

Can anyone tell me if TLoU and The Show can be played remotely from a PS4 using Playstation TV?  I do not have a Vita but if I can get PS4 games in other rooms of the house I will pick up a PSTV.  Is there any way to tell which games will or will not play remotely?  Any help is appreciated.

#6891 MachineElf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:27 PM

Edit: repost, sorry.

#6892 Mazuto   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:57 PM

anyone played Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy? Im not realy sure what kind of game it is. I thought it was a dungeon crawler rpg or something but the videos ive seen make it kinda look like a dynasty warriors type game. What type of game is it? Is it worth the sale price?

I'll agree with this.  Only thing im meh on is dead rising. But Pier solar looks good, and ive played some of hexzy force and crimson gem saga and theyre both quite good

I was looking into Fantasy Hero but decided against it. It appears that there are four playable characters with possibly four different stories, but only one save slot, in order to play the other characters simultaneously you have to buy the DLC that unlocks more save slots....and that just seemed a tad bit shady to me. Especially since the DLC is almost the same price as the game on sale. Didn't look worth it for nearly 15 bucks.

#6893 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2098 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

Pier Solar

htoLNiQ

Atelier Escha & Logy

Mugen Souls Z

Crimson Gem Saga

Hexyz Force

I'll add my 2 cents on a couple of those.

Did you play the first Mugen Souls and enjoy it?  I did, but I thought Z was kind of a letdown.  Maybe I just spend too much time with the first one and wasn't ready to dive in again.  Z felt like a chore, even though I recognized they improved a few things.  I guess for that price it isn't too big a risk. 

I LOVED Atelier Escha & Logy.  I hadn't made it all the way through the last couple of Atelier games, but that one hooked me.  The characters were fairly interesting and the game design was improved.  My only hesitation there would be that you can probably plan on it coming to VITA, right?  If that's your preferred platform for those games, I'd wait.  

I've been close to pulling the trigger on Dead Rising 2 Off the Record a bunch of times, but I've just never done it.  I'd like to have it in the collection, but I doubt I'd ever play it after going all the way through Dead Rising 2 and 3 multiple times.

#6894 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

Portal Pinball will be coming to Zen Pinball 2 on May 26th:

http://blog.us.plays...-zen-pinball-2/

#6895 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3201 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:28 PM

Can anyone tell me if TLoU and The Show can be played remotely from a PS4 using Playstation TV?  I do not have a Vita but if I can get PS4 games in other rooms of the house I will pick up a PSTV.  Is there any way to tell which games will or will not play remotely?  Any help is appreciated.

I'm sure those can be played remotely although I haven't tried.  I believe every PS4 game must be remote play compatible except games that use the camera.

#6896 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1780 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

htoLNiQ not good

Oh so firefly diaries wasn't good? I was holding off on it because I figured it could go lower in the future. Maybe I'll pick it up when it's <$5.

#6897 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67199 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:08 PM

I'm sure those can be played remotely although I haven't tried. I believe every PS4 game must be remote play compatible except games that use the camera.

They don't have to support RP, but they do by default and have to opt out like Frozenbyte did with Trine.

#6898 U BE DA MAN   Go Pats! CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

U BE DA MAN

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

All I ended up getting was Suikoden 2. I thought about getting Catherine but I would rather have a physical copy.

#6899 sovereignNX-73811   THINKS HE CAN TAKE the whole Ardanian Army CAGiversary!   5688 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

I thought about getting Catherine but I would rather have a physical girl.

Fix- never mind....

• AoA likes this

#6900 Rockabye   Been around CAGiversary!   486 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

Update I'm sure everyone cares deeply about: Got Demon's Souls, Suikoden II, and Time and Eternity. whoknows better not be pulling my leg about T&E...