* * * * - 36 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

#1081 Corizzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

Gonna have to bite on the R&C collection since it doesn't have a physical release.

So is it different from this?

http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B0050SXI6K

105312.png

#1082 Kidorangepanda   Arcade PCB Addict CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Kidorangepanda

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

It's pretty easy to find p4g for sub 20, BUT it's a good deal either way.

Gonna have to bite on the R&C collection since it doesn't have a physical release.

Wait, what? I hope it's not terrible like the Jak and Daxter collection. That ran like ass.
Sell me your Candy Cabs!

#1083 Josh1billion   ボディビルダー CAGiversary!   2074 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

That's a damn good week for Vita. :D

Josh1billion.png

Emerald Shores is coming to PS4/PS Vita sometime "soon".  Check it out here:

Website | Twitter | Facebook

#1084 cg8889   Gamer Dad CAGiversary!   970 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

He means for Vita as the physical release of the Vita version was European only.

Heisenberg8889.png

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Diablo 3, Uncharted 4, Overwatch     :vita:  The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel    

:pc: Hearthstone (Send me an invite at cg8889 if you want to battle)

#1085 Dammage   Chie is best girl CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

It's pretty easy to find p4g for sub 20, BUT it's a good deal either way.

You can import a physical copy from Europ since for some reason they got one and we didn't

2016 Games Completed

:pc: South Park: The Stick of Truth

:pc: Sakura Fantasy Ch. 1 :pc: Planetarian :pc: Deux Ex: Human Revolution :pc: Wolfenstein: The New Order :pc: Strider :pc: Witcher 2

:pc: Higurashi Ch. 1 :pc: Ys: Oath in Felghana :pc: Shadowrun: Dragonfall :ps3: Vanquish :ps4: Dark Souls II :vita: Xeodrifter :vita: Fragment's Note

xCWExDammage.png

#1086 syclick   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

Persona 4 Golden for $12 is an absolute steal. I bought it at $20 and I have absolutely no regrets. The most fun I've had so far on my Vita.

#1087 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:12 PM

Considering the PS3 and Vita are different systems, yes

#1088 Corizzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:22 PM

He means for Vita as the physical release of the Vita version was European only.

Considering the PS3 and Vita are different systems, yes

Not all of us follow the Vita and you never mentioned which version you were talking about... my bad.

105312.png

#1089 threlish   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   215 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

threlish

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

Jumping on Tactics Ogre and Legend of Heroes. Those have been pretty stubborn sales wise and I've always wanted to check them out.

#1090 AFRO insomniac   Old School Validating   4737 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

AFRO insomniac

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:32 PM

Wow really nice sale!

Anyone know if the digital version of R&C collection is cross buy? If I buy the vita version will I get the PS3 version too or do I have to choose between the two?

Definitely getting P4G and a few others after work today.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#1091 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   3909 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

Would you guys reccomend final fantasy 9 to a relative newbie to PS1 FF games? 

I loved FFX and FFIV, couldn't get into 7 for some reason

#1092 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

Would you guys reccomend final fantasy 9 to a relative newbie to PS1 FF games? 

I loved FFX and FFIV, couldn't get into 7 for some reason

9 is my favorite in the series.  Its got a great story and is not as "serious" as some of the other FF games which also means a lot less wankery in the story, great cast of characters to boot.  The only FF I couldn't really get into was 8 despite starting it 3 separate times I always quit.

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

#1093 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66878 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:46 PM

Wow really nice sale!

Anyone know if the digital version of R&C collection is cross buy? If I buy the vita version will I get the PS3 version too or do I have to choose between the two?

Definitely getting P4G and a few others after work today.

Only the God of War Collection is Cross Buy. The other collections require you to figure out which version you'd prefer to play it on.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#1094 dblo7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

even though i got rid of my PS3 for a PS4 i'll jump on the dragon age origins for $5. i hope i can play it for free with the PSNow, meaning i'll NEVER pay for an overpriced crap cloud service as long as i can continue playing the games i purchased for the past few years. Sony said years ago, whatever we purchase we keep forever, so if they strip that "forever" in lieu of the PSNow then SO LONG older games, and SO LONG purchasing overpriced digital games.

#1095 wildemu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

Damnit, I just bought the R&C collection, always happens.

Anyways, it is quite buggy with framerate drops when there's a lot of action happening, and the sound/music does get cut off/distorted quite often. Strafing is all done with the back touchpad which was frustrating to control.

It's better than the Jak and Daxter port, but it's frustrating.

#1096 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

No you won't be able to play it on ps now. Don't waste the money

Deader2818.png

#1097 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66878 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

https://store.sonyen...MDLEGACY0000001

Wipeout Pure for the PSP is on sale for $6.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#1098 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66878 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

even though i got rid of my PS3 for a PS4 i'll jump on the dragon age origins for $5. i hope i can play it for free with the PSNow, meaning i'll NEVER pay for an overpriced crap cloud service as long as i can continue playing the games i purchased for the past few years. Sony said years ago, whatever we purchase we keep forever, so if they strip that "forever" in lieu of the PSNow then SO LONG older games, and SO LONG purchasing overpriced digital games.

You better abort that plan right now because PS Now is only a rental/subscription service. They're not going to offer purchasing options nor let you play games you purchased for an actual PS3.

#1099 Dahk   Words are Wind CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

I want Persona for my new Vita but I do not have PS+ at the moment.  The thought of paying an extra $3 is bothering me for some reason.  Anyone know where I can get a 7 day trial or something similar?

Currently Playing
:ps4: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition

DahkX.png

#1100 Savo22  

Wow, this sale is actually pretty good. I'll probably pick up Danganronpa for $20, since that's the cheapest I've seen it.

I wish Persona 3 Portable would go back down to $5 like it did once; I'd pick it up at that price.

#1101 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66878 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

https://store.sonyen...LCUNDEADKINGS00

The Dead Kings DLC for Assassin's Creed Unity is free, for those that want free things for some future circumstance in which they might own this game.

#1102 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   1980 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

Has anyone tried the PSP GTAs on Vita? Does it control closer to the console versions because of the second analog?

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#1103 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3328 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:05 PM

Disgaea 4 is tempting and I am also tempted to pick up Final Fantasy IV, VII, and IX for that price. They will of course sit on my Vita and wait to be played as I have so many games in my backlog that it's absurd. 

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Monster Hunter World, God of War, and Yakuza 6 |  :xb1: Nothing |   :switch: Fire Emblem Warriors and Wild Guns

Also Casually Playing: 

Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Dreamcast)

#1104 elessar123  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:05 PM

Decent sale. More than I was expecting, but a little less than I hoped.

Spoiler

#1105 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66878 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

Has anyone tried the PSP GTAs on Vita? Does it control closer to the console versions because of the second analog?

It's the same as the PSP versions, though you might be able to tweak it a little bit to remap whatever the camera controls are to the right stick if they're not too complicated.

#1106 filmthedead   Worse Than Furries CAGiversary!   880 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

filmthedead

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

Come Hell or high water, I'm getting R&C on the Vita.

Really bummed LBP PSP isn't on sale. that would have been amazing. Guess I continue to wait.

#1107 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2110 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

It's the same as the PSP versions, though you might be able to tweak it a little bit to remap whatever the camera controls are to the right stick if they're not too complicated.

On the PSP it was L+AnalogStick to move the camera around.   I don't own a Vita (just a PSP-GO) so I don't now about remapping controls and if it's possible.

The sale seems decent enough but I'm pretty sure I already own much of what I'd want from the sale.  I could see myself buying FF VII, VIII & IX for the sake of buying them... but I know I'm not likely to ever put the time into actually playing them.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#1108 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

Definitely nabbing Tactics Ogre for my PSTV at that price. Tempted about P4G, but I'd rather buy a physical copy and save memory card space.

Would anyone recommend Ys: The Oath in Felghana  at $7.50? I've never played any of the Ys games. How's this one?

I'm not just a gamer, I'm a writer, too--check out my story "Worried About" if you're into Stephen King style horror.

#1109 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

Also how is Persona 3 Portable compared to P3 FES (PS2)? I played the PS2 version for 5 hours before my data corrupted on me.

I'm not just a gamer, I'm a writer, too--check out my story "Worried About" if you're into Stephen King style horror.

#1110 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4440 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

Best game in the whole sale, and I've never even beaten it. 

I guess having Lumines for 10 bucks isn't bad but the PS4 and Vita side are pretty well trod material sales wise. Anyone have opinions on Need for Speed Rivals for 12 bucks, Ys Oath of Felghana, or Danganronpa for 20 considering it may be a while before it goes to plus?

NFS Rivals is great.  I bought day 1, sold, rebought on sale, now am selling it to buy digital. 

Ys -- i'm buying it based on other people's recs.

Danganronpa -- it's a dark visual novel murder mystery with courtroom minigames.   I disliked it, but if you like visual novels it's extremely highly recommended by others.

Lumines should be a insta-buy for anyone.

Trails in the Sky and Tactics Ogre are also worth your money.

Ah, well it's there now regardless.

Oh yeah.  He was just jumping to conclusions again.  The game was never delisted due to 'poor sales', etc.   I don't even know what he's talking about, I don't think any game has ever been delisted due to poor sales.   It's a digital storefront, that doesn't even make sense.